• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:38 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 3 - Convergence

Started by tomcat, Nov 07, 2007, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 07, 2007, 06:08 PM Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008, 05:51 PM by tomcat
Situation: The Romulan Constitution mock-up is currently engaging an aged and damaged D6 cruiser and the Columbia. I will be rolling initiative for each round and for each NPC ship.

D6 status: Shields at 60%; Weapons and Move maneuvers will be at a -5 penalty with a potential system breakdown on any failure (System Reliabilty test TN 8 failure; TN 12 on Complete Failure; TN 15 on Disastrous Failure)

Starting Ranges: Gr'Toth is medium range to the Romulan; Columbia is short range to the Romulan

Situational Modifiers and Conditional Rules: The CODA system makes no reference to weapon re-charge and so I am going to apply the following rules:

• Phasers may be fired each round[/i] [Ready]
  • Photon/Disruptor Torpedoes need 1 round to re-charge[/i] [Columbia charging; Gr'Toth ready]
  • Plasma Torpedoes need 2 rounds to re-charge[/i] [Charging 1]

So if you fire your photon torpedoes in round 1, you cannot fire again until round 3 - so be careful when you plan multiweapon fire maneuvers.

Carryover bonuses: Columbia has Lock On to Romulan +3; D6 has a Lock On to Romulan +3

Note regarding map: I have shown a range display for the combatants; each display shows that allied ship's position relative to the Romulan attacker.

Initiative:
Romulans - Roll(2d6)+7: 5,4,+7 Total:16
Klingons - Roll(2d6)+5: 4,6,+5 Total:15
Federation - 15

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Nov 07, 2007, 07:10 PM #1 Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007, 07:39 PM by tomcat
Round #3 Tactics - (6+3)+3+3=15 (last round of init bonus)

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Nov 08, 2007, 06:15 PM #2 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:41 PM by tomcat
With her ship now charging its primary weapon, Korvona commands her bridge, "Helm... I want a minimal aspect to both of those ships; Tactical, take the fight out of that Federation ship; and Engineering, I want those shields shored up!"

[OOC:]

Maneuver 1: Minimal Aspect TN 10

Sys Ops (Helm) +8, Specialty +2 = +10
Roll(2d6)+10: 3,5,+10 Total:18 SUCCESS [Both Columbia and Gr'Toth's lock ons are lost]

Maneuver 2: Fire Phasers at Columbia TN 13
Sys Ops (Tactical) +9, Specialty +2, Tac man mod +3, Range mod +0 = +14
Roll(2d6)+14: 2,4,+14 Total:20 SUPERIOR SUCCESS [The Columbia is hit - shields reduced by 2 down to 60% (-1 to shield protection, now 12); threshold overcome by 1 and applied to structure]

Engineering - Reinforce shields TN 16 (applying 1 block of damage to Operations)
Engineering +8, Specialty +2, Ships Reliabilty mod +3
Roll(2d6)+13: 6,1,+13 Total:20 COMPLETE SUCCESS [restores 20% to shields]

Sensors - Romulans again attempt to put up an electronic screen to aid in thier defense (ECM)
Sys Ops (Sensors) +10, Specialty +2 = +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 3,3,+12 Total:18 [bonus to ship's protection will be determined based upon degre of success against Stonn's opposed roll]

I need another Sys Ops (Sensors) test from Stonn, TN 18 to overcome the Romulan jamming. Also, Matt, let me know if you want to change the maneuvers given above.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Nov 08, 2007, 07:29 PM #3 Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007, 07:39 PM by tomcat
"Pull us back a little and get that lock back.  Engineering, shore up those shields!  Stonn, if they were trying to pretend that they are a Federation ship, maybe they tried to emulate our systems signatures too.... see if you can determine their shield frequency."

1) Open (no further than Long)
2) Lock On

Round #4 Tactics - (6+4)+3=13

Ps- Paul, I think the +2 Protection bonus is if the ship didn't previously have a Lock On it.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Nov 08, 2007, 07:36 PM #4 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:41 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Who is Paul?  :\  ;)

You are correct - I thought I read an 'and' in that description.

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: LOL sorry  :SS, other STRPG Narrator  ;D
Gwaithlim Weapons

seppun1

Pushkin's fingers move again across his console before starting to slide back. "Aye, Sir. Moving in Reverse to give us distance." He answers. He gives a glance to the Navigator, making sure he is on top of his game with the Sensors. He doesn't need to back the ship into the Klingon Vessel.  He looks up to the fake Constitution as the ship starts to move backwards.   

Maneuver 1: Open TN  10
    Sys Ops +12, Specialty +2, Dazed -1 = +13
    Roll (3d6) (Evasive Manuevers Roll 3, keep best 2):1, 6, 4 +13 Total: 23.

tomcat

Nov 09, 2007, 06:02 PM #7 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:42 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Seppun - THANKS!  :]

I was pondering how I could get actions for both you (the driver) and Darrin (the navigator) and you just gave me the mental juice I needed. Darrin, I am going to require you to perform the same TN 10 test in Sys Ops (Navigation) that is required for each maneuver that Pushkin will make. It will cost your character an action, but the two tests combined will only reflect one Maneuver for the ship.

In game terms, this will reflect you guys working as a team to drive the ship.

So, if you wouldn't mind making a TN 10 Sys Ops (Navigation) test in this round, that would be great!

I also need Stonn to make the Sys Ops (Sensor) test TN 18

Maneuver 2: Lock On TN 13
Sys Ops +11, Specialty +2, Tac Man Mod +2, Range mod -3 = +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 4,1,+12 Total:17 SUCCESS

tomcat

Nov 09, 2007, 06:19 PM #8 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:42 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] A quick note regarding my character profiler - I just lost data on Grahm (half of his character sheet went blank), so you may want to make a hard copy of each of your characters and update it when you make major changes (i.e. advances).

The Gr'Toth attacks again:

Maneuver 1: Lock On TN 13
Sys Ops +8, Specialty +2, Range Mod -1, Battle-tested +1, Ship's Tac mod +3, Ship damage -5 = +8
Roll(2d6)+8: 3,1,+8 Total:12 FAILED

System reliabilty test TN 8 Roll(2d6)+3: 2,1,+3 Total:6 FAILED [Gr'Toth's sensors go out]

Maneuver 2: cannot be performed without sensors

tomcat

Nov 10, 2007, 10:02 AM #9 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:43 PM by tomcat
[Originally posted by Darrin:]

Rocked by the previous attack, and amazed at the effectiveness on the Romulan plasma weapon, Billy does his best to stay focused on his tasks. The skuipper is giving orders all over the ship and the crew is efficiently filling them, keeping them together and fighting. He only hopes he can meausure up.

Billy checks his sensors for the positions of the ships relative to each other. Even though they are separated by hundreds, or even thousands of kilometers, that distance can quickly close to dangerous nothing in a matter of seconds. It would do for them to run into each other. He also looks for the fastest, most efficient means of putting the Columbia in the exact position the skipper wants to protect the Klingons and launch an attack against the Romulans.

SysOp (Navigation) +9, Specialty +2 = +11
(2d6) 6 + 11 = 17 SUCCESS

tomcat

Nov 10, 2007, 10:20 AM #10 Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011, 09:43 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Stonn attempts to burn through the electronic noise thrown off by the Romulans:

Sys Ops (Sensors) TN 18
Sys Ops +9, Specialty +2
Roll(2d6)+11: 2,5,+11 Total:18 SUCCESS

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 10, 2007, 10:20 AM
[OOC:] Stonn attempts to burn through the electronic noise thrown off by the Romulans:

Sys Ops (Sensors) TN 18
Sys Ops +9, Specialty +2
Roll(2d6)+11: 2,5,+11 Total:18 SUCCESS

Sorry... didn't get to check the site yesterday - had some cable modem problems. :(
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] no problem man!  ;)