• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:52 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Darkness and the road north...

Started by tomcat, Mar 04, 2005, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunduf

Sets his axe on the ground and moves up to the group.  Looking up to them.

"I'd say we go with the direct approach and just cleave our way through till we find him.  But then again that's my usual plan.  I'll go with whatever you decide."  

Nods towards Dirnhael.

cbl62

Fengel finally spoke up. He had run the possibilities over in his mind as each of the party spoke. A full assault from the gates seemed risky, but he did like the idea of a dual front. Whatever Dirnhael's decision would be Fengel was ready. Whether by bow or sword, he itched to unseat the enemy from this post.

"My captain," he said to Dirnhael, "my intinct tells me we should attempt to take out the enemy with bow at the rear of the castle and approach over the wall. The night shadows are perfect for it. But we must be sure and true in our aim. I fear missing even 1 guard will alert the entire keep. If that is the case, though, I will still be ready and will stand beside Lunduf as he cleaves his way through the gate."

With that, Fengel went silent and waited for Dirnhael's reply. He gave his dwarven friend a wink, and a thin smile.

sdrotar

Dirnhael nodded in Fengel's direction.
While he had grave concerns about any men at the front of the gate, the plan was as sound as any could be with such a paucity of information.

"We shall attempt to take Barad Eldanar."

"I will walk with Fengel to the front gates in the soldiers garb after we have been signaled by the rear flank. We will attempt to stall the guards as long as possible while as many men as are able enter the keep."
He pauses, and looks at Fengel once more.
"I fear such a diversion will not last long, and we will engage the enemy soon after. It is imperative that our party be in the keep and ready for battle at that time."

Looking to the dwarves, he smiles a wolf's grin.
"Lunduf, Nain - if you were to join Fengel and myself and lie in the weeds, we could use your help as soon as the gates are opened."

OOC:

I don't have everyone's stats in front of me, but I'd like to keep the stealthier folks entering by the vines, and the more stout swords ready to spring forth at the gate - where they would expect a stronger response. Bows would be better used in the rear assault.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Nain listens to the haggling of the men over how to take the castle.

"Aye, I'll help you take the gate.  Just give the word.  When are we leaving?"

Wiseman

The idea wasn't the best that he had ever heard but it could work...hopefully.

"M'lord, I would like to be one of the first into the keep, I can use stealth and guile to get in and engage our enemy.  I only hope that our quarry is within yet and not riding off into the starless night."

sdrotar

Quote from: WisemanThe idea wasn't the best that he had ever heard but it could work...hopefully.

Dirnhael recognized the tone in the man's voice - he wasn't sure this was the best path to take.
"That makes two of us," thought Dirnhael.

But the night was short, and so too was their time in which to act.

Quote from: Wiseman"M'lord, I would like to be one of the first into the keep, I can use stealth and guile to get in and engage our enemy.  I only hope that our quarry is within yet and not riding off into the starless night."

"We shall know soon enough, my friend... one way or the other."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun