• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:20 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Internal conflict

Started by tomcat, Sep 12, 2007, 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 04, 2007, 08:19 AM
Vrang's voice boomed, "SAFE! KLINGON'S DO NOT SEEK SAFETY IN WAR! WE CONFRONT IT AND FIGHT!"

"Then, Captain," Ramos said to Darkan, "with all due respect to our guests here, we're going to need to keep ourselves in front of their ship and bear the brunt of any combat."
Ramos winced, knowing that the Klingon wouldn't appreciate it. But Townshend was right - Vrang needed to live - and Ramos didn't think the Klingon vessel was truly up to the task.

Stonn considered the engineer's suggestion and made another of his own. "Sir, there may be... challenges if combat becomes necessary; but it may also become possible to draw the mock-up away from the Gr'toth."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

As the officers talked, Lt. Marshal's voice came over the intercom, "Captain Darkan, Marshal here... sensor readings have the inbound vessel at approximately 35 minutes away flight-time. We are picking up sensor sweeps from the inbound, so far we do not think they have tracked us yet."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Is there an answer to the condition of the Klingon's cloaking device?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

[OOC:] OOOPS! Sorry about that, I meant to answer that for you.

"It is not our way to reveal secrets of the Empire, but at this moment, things are critical," said Vrang quietly. "The D6 generation of our ships were never fitted with cloaking devices... the new technology was installed on the new D7's that came online soon after trade was started with the Romulans. We have never seen any need to upgrade the older vessels as they serve back of the line purposes."

It could be heard in Vrang's voice a bit of embarrassment, not so much that his ship was not technologically advanced, moreso that he was relegated a captain of a forgotten class of vessel.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

A tidbit of intelligence, no doubt noted by everyone at the table, but now wasn't the time to ponder such things.  "One option down, with others remaining.  Our vessels are in such close proximity that they probably only detect one ship at this time.  The plan I have is risky and I only see it two steps ahead of our visitors once they arrive.  The Columbia will be moved close to your ship yet diametrically opposite of the inbound course of the vessel and go silent while your ship, Vrang, appears helpless and in disarray.  If the incoming ship is the Romulan vessel, then it is here to destroy you ship.  The instant they appear to fire, we will envelop your ship with our shields and then maneuver around so that both ships can give it all we've got.  Getting your shields and weapons online should be the primary focus with a second on your maneuverability; anytime we can get the vessel between pincers, all the better.  My engineers, with your permission captain, will remain on your vessel to assist in any capacity.  For any of us to come out this, we need both ships able to stand as tall as possible.  Time is pressing, everyone, so poke holes and fill them fast."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Grahm still felt a bit uncomfortable answering with the Klingon presence, "It sounds like a good plan sir, though I am concerned about using our shields to defend the D6. Doing so makes one attack from our enemy effective against both of our ships. It seems wiser to me to press the engineering department on making sure the Gr'Toth's shields are back up."

Vrang responded, "My people will see to my ship, although your engineering staff is welcome to stay aboard and assist. Anyway, the plan you present is sound and we shall have it as the back up option. The first option is for me to get back aboard the Gr'Toth and see that my systems are back up and functional... if I fail in this, be prepared to put your plan in motion upon the Romulan's arrival. Now, let me see to this communique for my government."

GandalfOfBorg

"Yes, of course, we will do what we have to.  If no one has anything else, you have your orders... to your stations."

This is it.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

With Darkan's order, Townshend pushed a button on her console, "RED ALERT! RED ALERT! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!"

The Columbia crew again went into motion, each individual working as a whole to make the ship the most effective and deadly thing in space. Townshend gave a nod to Captain Vrang, "Captain, if you will come with me. I will take the encoded message from you and your XO and then show you to the transporter room."

The rest of the senior staff were up and on their way back to their stations. Ramos made a quick call to his assistant chief engineer whose present location was on the beat up D6.

"Torrence here," said the voice. "Yea commander... it's a bit of a mess over here. We are just standing around for the most part... not sure if it's 'cause the Klingons don't want to reveal any of their technology, or if there's not much need for our help. Anyway, we have ran about 50 meters of light-guage TFC to patch the power grid - not sure how long that stuff will hold. It's already reading high Kelvin so we shall see what happens."

The engineer paused a minute as he listened to someone explaining something, then he came back on, "The power from Impulse and the Warp core is now available. The Gr'Toth is going to have limited maneuverability and her weapons appear to be coming back online. We are concentrating our efforts on the shield grid - hope to have about 50% within the hour. I will report soon, Torrence out."

Ramos made the call to Darkan to keep his captain apprised.

[OOC:] More to come after a movie with my wife!   ;)

GandalfOfBorg

"Tell them they have half that time, Mr. Ramos, and that I'll be addressing them momentarily when Captain Vrang returns to his ship."
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
"Tell them they have half that time, Mr. Ramos, and that I'll be addressing them momentarily when Captain Vrang returns to his ship."

"Yes, sir," Ramos replied, though he knew that the intractable Klingons and the state of their ship would make anything his team could try difficult. "I hope we're not expecting miracles."
He worried for his team; stuck on a dangerously vulnerable (and erstwhile enemy) vessel and desperately wished that their lives didn't have to be put at risk in this manner.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"Away Team, this is Captain Darkan.  We are preparing for battle between both ships but I am extending your post aboard the Klingon vessel.  I believe it necessary that both ships be given a fighting chance for survival and with you there, that ship has a better chance of survival.  Mr. Torrence, I will be placing you and your team, albeit temporarily, under the direct command of Captain Vrang.  Follow his orders as if they were from me but I will not grudge you to question them if they seem improper according to your training.  Do your best and make us proud."
Gwaithlim Weapons