• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:36 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Alliance?

Started by tomcat, Aug 29, 2007, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Grahm added a little more input, "Captain, I would recommend a full security detail - armed with phasers - to be sent to the transporter room. By the way Vrang is ranting over there, I do not think he will be to friendly upon his arrival... at least until we calm him down and explain what happened."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
Grahm added a little more input, "Captain, I would recommend a full security detail - armed with phasers - to be sent to the transporter room. By the way Vrang is ranting over there, I do not think he will be to friendly upon his arrival... at least until we calm him down and explain what happened."

"I don't know how 'calm' I'd be," Ramos quipped.
"Captain, if someone took you off the bridge, the rest of the ship would be ready for a fight."
Ramos didn't really see any other realistic options, either - but he knew that this wasn't going to go over well...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Sep 11, 2007, 06:57 PM #17 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2007, 07:13 PM by tomcat
Jess turned in her chair listening to the men talk, "Captain, I am not sure if extracting the Klingon commander and his bridge crew is the wisest of ideas. Certainly they must come to a conclusion that their ship's damage caused the explosion - let them figure it out and then we can try to talk to them rationally."

Grahm interjected, "But there is no way to communicate with them Jess, and we have an unknown ship coming down on us at high speed! We do not have time for them to figure out what happened with their limited resources, and then formulate some means of communication with us. If we beam them over now, yes they may be angry, but we can at least talk to them."

[OOC:] Speaking of other problems, the Columbia's shields are still at only about a 40% strength right now.

I need Ramos to give me a Repair or Engineering: System (Operations) and (Shields) extended TN 30; each test roll will take 1 hour (reduced by DOS and traits) and it will be added to the next test to achieve the TN. If you want to forget about Operations for right now, it will only require a TN 15 to get the shields to full strength.

Also Shawn, read your Private Messages, I sent you details on what Stonn's test results gleaned.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
[OOC:] Speaking of other problems, the Columbia's shields are still at only about a 40% strength right now.

I need Ramos to give me a Repair or Engineering: System (Operations) and (Shields) extended TN 30; each test roll will take 1 hour (reduced by DOS and traits) and it will be added to the next test to achieve the TN. If you want to forget about Operations for right now, it will only require a TN 15 to get the shields to full strength.

Also Shawn, read your Private Messages, I sent you details on what Stonn's test results gleaned.

OOC: Sorry - had some internet bugaboos over the last 24 hours...

Stonn looked up from his sensor hood, and spoke up, cutting through the rest of the conversation.
"Captain, I have some information on the incoming vessel." Assuming that the captain would wish him to continue, he saved his commander the time.
"The incoming ship's warp signature is unknown. It does does not match any known Starfleet, Klingon, or even Romulan types. However, the warp field around it is seemingly unstable, as if the vessel is having difficulty maintaining it. It is approaching at Warp Factor 6."

Ramos turned, and asked the captain, "Sir, our damaged systems will take time to repair - should I focus our getting the shields back up?" He wanted a look at that warp field, but he knew he wouldn't have the time. If it was the fake Starfleet vessel, maybe it wasn't a particularly good one, he thought... he hoped.

GandalfOfBorg

"We haven't the time to waste even to meet them in the transporter room, beam the Klingon bridge crew directly to ours.  At this point we must assume the vessel is unfriendly, but keep working on trying to identify it.  Ramos, do whatever it takes to get the shields back to full strength and make any repairs necessary to keep this ship battle-worthy."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Sep 12, 2007, 10:33 AM #20 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2007, 10:40 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Sep 12, 2007, 03:58 AM
"We haven't the time to waste even to meet them in the transporter room, beam the Klingon bridge crew directly to ours.  At this point we must assume the vessel is unfriendly, but keep working on trying to identify it.  Ramos, do whatever it takes to get the shields back to full strength and make any repairs necessary to keep this ship battle-worthy."

"Aye, sir," said Ramos as he got up and headed for the turbolift. that would whisk him to Engineering.
On the way, he admitted that he felt relieved that he wouldn't be on the bridge when the Klingons arrived - that was going to get messy.

OOC: Repair Roll (Shields) : Ramos has no Specialties in either Repair or Engineering (Operations) and (Shields), so I'll apply his base Engineering skill: +8.
I'll focus on the shields first, then the rest of the repairs.

Roll 1: Roll(2d6)+8: 6,5,+8 Total:19 - Woo-hoo! Shields up?
Roll 2: Roll(2d6)+8: 5,6,+8 Total:19
Roll 3: Roll(2d6)+8: 5,6,+8 Total:19 - Um... wow. Javascript dice are friendly today...

If that doesn't do it, then:
Roll 4: Roll(2d6)+8: 4,2,+8 Total:14
Roll 5: Roll(2d6)+8: 3,6,+8 Total:17