• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:09 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 2 - Friend in need combat

Started by tomcat, Aug 25, 2007, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 25, 2007, 02:52 PM Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 05:53 AM by tomcat
Situation: Two B'rel's are currently engaging an aged and damaged D6 cruiser. I will be rolling initiative for each round and for each ship.

Starting Ranges: The Columbia drops from warp in Round 1 at Extended range; the D6 and B'rel's are at Short range from one another

Initiative:
Columbia - 12
B'rel 1 - 8
B'rel 2 - 7
D6 - 4

Ranges to each other:

Columbia
D6
B'rel 1
B'rel 2
Columbia
n/a
Point Blank
Point Blank
Short
D6
Point Blank
n/a
Short
Short
B'rel 1
Point Blank
Short
n/a
Short
B'rel 2
Short
Short
Short
n/a
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Starting at Medium range? or have the ships moved off away from us in the course of battle?

"Get us as close as you can to the D6.  Stonn, when the opportunity shows itself, extend our shields to cover both ships while Grahm locks on to the most vulnerable enemy ship."

OOC: Maneuver 1) Close up to PB to D6.
Maneuver 2) Lock On
The rules don't have a max range requirement for this operation, so I am asking what is acceptable.

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Aug 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
OOC: Starting at Medium range? or have the ships moved off away from us in the course of battle?

"Get us as close as you can to the D6.  Stonn, when the opportunity shows itself, extend our shields to cover both ships while Grahm locks on to the most vulnerable enemy ship."

"Captain, extending our shields around the Klingon vessel will make the Columbia significantly more vulnerable to attacks from multiple angles."
Stonn did not question the captain's orders - he simply wanted to give his commander as much information as possible before making a tactical decision.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Aug 25, 2007, 08:00 PM #3 Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 05:54 AM by tomcat
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Aug 25, 2007, 03:45 PMOOC: Starting at Medium range? or have the ships moved off away from us in the course of battle?

Maneuver 1) Close up to PB to D6.
Maneuver 2) Lock On

The rules don't have a max range requirement for this operation, so I am asking what is acceptable.

[OOC:] Matt, the description of Fast Attack maneuver states that... "If successful, this maneuver allows the acting ship a free Multiweapon Manevuer and increases range to the primary opponent by 2." Now, what does that mean... well I interpret that from the description in that your "starship rapidly closes the distance to an opponent and speeds past him, firing weapons throughout the strafing run."

So that being said, I have attached a tactical map of the combat thus far with how I interpret it in game mechanics. I have corrected my range chart above.

Finally, a Close maneuver cannot be made immediately after a Fast Attack, so the Lock On would perform first and then the Close. I know, I know being a bit petty here, but I wanted to make sure to remind you of the pre-reqs on all maneuvers that follow.  ;)

I will need the following tests:

- Tactics test from Darkan for initiative. - DONE

- Grahm needs to give me a Sys Ops (Tactical) TN 11 to Lock On, but I want a Sys Ops (Sensor) test from Stonn TN 12 for him to determine which B'rel is most vulnerable. (ACTION 1)

- Pushkin needs to make a Sys Ops (Flight Controls) TN 10 to Close on the D6 (ACTION 1, SHIP MANEUVER 1)

- Grahm also needs to give me a Sys Ops (Tactical) test TN 16 to extend the shields (ACTION 2)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Oh yes, silly me, my fault about the prereqs.  Thank you for the map, much appreciated.
Tactics - (6+3)+3=12
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Aug 27, 2007, 08:55 AM #5 Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 09:08 AM by tomcat
Stonn Sys Ops (Sensor) test TN 17 to determine which B'rel is most vulnerable. (FULL ROUND ACTION)
Sys Ops +9, Specialty +2, Sensor bonus +2 = +13
Roll(2d6)+13: 4,4,+13 Total:21 SUCCESS

Pushkin needs to make a Sys Ops (Flight Controls) TN 10 to Close on the D6 (ACTION 1, SHIP MANEUVER 1)
Sys Ops +12, Specialty +2, Ship's Helm Bonus +0 = +14
Roll(2d6)+14: 3,5,+14 Total:22 SUCCESS (may close up to 4 units from current position)

Grahm needs to give me a Sys Ops (Tactical) TN 11 to Lock On  (ACTION 1, SHIP MANEUVER 2)
Sys Ops +11, Specialty +2, Ship's Tacitacal Bonus +2 = +15
Roll(2d6)+15: 1,6,+15 Total:22 SUCCESS

Grahm also needs to give me a Sys Ops (Tactical) test TN 16 to extend the shields (ACTION 2)
Sys Ops +11, Specialty +2 = +13
Roll(2d6)+13: 6,5,+13 Total:24 SUCCESS (Threshold reduced by -1)

Pushkin masterfully brought the Columbia into a position of close proximity to the D6, all the while the other bridge staff rushed to achieve the orders given them.

Stonn sent from his station to Grahm's the tactical data on the most vulnerable B'rel and the Tactical Officer locked his weapons system on the ship. At the same time he configured the shield grid so that it expanded and enveloped the Klingon vessel on their starboard side, protecting it although reducing the effectiveness - now the Columbia could not maneuver, unless the D6 moved in tandem with them.

tomcat

Aug 27, 2007, 10:06 AM #6 Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 06:57 PM by tomcat
B'rels attack D6, protected by Columbia TN 13:

B'rel 1

Sys Ops +10, Specialty +2, Ship's Tac bonus +1, Battle-tested +1, Lock On +3 = +17
Maneuver 1: Roll(2d6)+17: 4,5,+17 Total:26 SUCCESS
Maneuver 2: Roll(2d6)+17: 4,5,+17 Total:26 SUCCESS

Results: Damage will be to the Columbia's shields, although the D6 will take any damage from overtaking the threshold.
Maneuver 1: Extraordinary Success, Shield Strength reduced by 3 (Townshend is stunned for 3 rounds as her console blows); D6 structure reduced by 1 (now 34)
Maneuver 2: Extraordinary Success, Shield Strength reduced by 3 (Shield protection reduced by -1, and Critical System hit on Shields, protection reduced by -2); D6 structure reduced by 1 (now 33)

B'rel 2 TN 10
Sys Ops +10, Specialty +2, Ship's Tac bonus +1, Battle-tested +1, Lock On +3, System damage -2 = +15
Maneuver 1: Roll(2d6)+15: 6,3,+15 Total:24 SUCCESS
Maneuver 2: Roll(2d6)+15: 5,3,+15 Total:23 SUCCESS

Results: Damage will be to the Columbia's shields, although the D6 will take any damage from overtaking the threshold.
Maneuver 1: Extraordinary Success, Shield Strength reduced by 3 (Shield Threshold reduced by -1, and Pushkin's console explodes causing 10 hit point damage); D6 structure reduced by 2 (now 31)
Maneuver 2: Extraordinary Success, Shields down; D6 structure reduced by 3 (now 28, critical system hit on Weapons, now offline)

D6's weapons are offline and can no longer attack for their initiative round.

Maneuver 1: Come About to break lock on of B'rel 1 TN 10
Sys ops +10, Specialty +2, Ship's helm bonus +0
Roll(2d6)+12: 6,6,1,+12 Total:25 SUCCESS

Maneuver 2: Disengage to break away from combat TN 15
Sys ops +10, Specialty +2, Ship's helm bonus +0
Roll(2d6)+12: 6,6,1,+12 Total:25 SUCCESS

The Columbia's bridge became a frightening scene of flashing lights and small explosions. Townshend made a guttural sound and was thrown from her chair to lay motionless on the floor, the panel under her console belching out smoke.

The Miranda-class vessel rocked hard again as the Klingon disruptors lashed at her shields at close range. Pushkin too cried out as his helm console blew and the man stood quickly from his chair with burns on his chest, arms and hands. Grahm yelled out, "Sir! The shields are down!"

Stonn, eyes to his sensor hood, lifted his head speaking calmly, "Captain, the Klingon D6 has come about and has moved to disengage... her warp engines are spooling up."

On the Gr'Toth, Vrang watched as the Federation ship's shield grid failed. He had issued the command to retreat and it went against everything in his warrior heart. Yet, the Starfleet vessel offered the distraction and he needed to communicate to the High Council... before it was too late.

Korvona ordered the last of the mooring lines to be released. The Constitution mock-up had all systems active and there appeared to be no problems. She would be into Klingon space within the hour. The Romulan delegate smiled at the fact that she would be able to kill some of the barbaric Klingons as well as causing a small war between her Empire's vaunted enemies... and it was all in the name of aid.