• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Commencement

Started by tomcat, Jul 20, 2007, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Darkan knew if he could help the Klingon vessel, they'd be more inclined to help him -- Klingons hated owing anyone anything.  "Time to intercept?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Aug 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
Darkan knew if he could help the Klingon vessel, they'd be more inclined to help him -- Klingons hated owing anyone anything.  "Time to intercept?"

"It would seem sensible, Captain. Obviously, the Klingons involved in this plot feel that Vrang and his crew are a threat. I believe humans have a saying - 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'? We will need every ally we can, sir - from where seems less important now than how many."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Aug 17, 2007, 04:45 AM #17 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2007, 04:48 AM by tomcat
Pushkin looked at the navigator's plot and answered the Captain's question, "At this speed we will intercept in just under fifteen minutes, sir."

Without any command, Grahm went about preparing his department although Darkan would need to order the charging of weapons and shields - the Tactical Officer wanted to be ready for whatever his captain ordered.

Still at a distance of over 360 million miles away, the Gr'Toth shook with another impact from a B'rel. Panels shorted and blew on the bridge sending a shower of sparks over the commander and his surviving bridge crew.

Vrang had seen the Romulan mock-up and knew that the Federation captain had spoken truthfully, but he did not know what to do with the information. His initial thoughts were to send word to his superiors when his ship was ambushed. The B'rel attackers had made a decisive strike on his communication suite and with his ship's shields down, the system was made inert. By the time his tactical officer had the Gr'Toth's defense active, she was heavily damaged.

Vrang had expected a potential attack from across the Romulan border, not one from his own people - and now he and his crew were doomed. Again the Federation ship had spoken truthfully about a conspiracy. Well, he would see to it that he would take as many of the traitors with him that he could.

From his left, a shout came from his sensors operator, "Commander! There is a third ship approaching at high speed!"

Vrang breathed deeply, it would be over soon. "Keep returning the attack! We are warriors! We will confront all of our enemies!"

[OOC:] Matt, what is the condition level (Alert level) of the Columbia? I assume it was at least at Yellow alert but let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Aug 17, 2007, 12:44 PM #18 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2007, 12:48 PM by GandalfOfBorg
As the ship drops out of warp, Darkan gives the commands as routine as any captain of a ship in battle.  "Red Alert, shields up!  Grahm, target the closest Br'el's weapons and fire.  Helm, put us on a course to provide maximum cover to Vrang's ship."

OOC:
Starship combat initiative - Tactics - (4+3)+3=10
I'll edit this post if my commands require a Command maneuver beyond the Target System maneuver and helm maneuver that I can't remember.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16