• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 02:49 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Three Tears - Round 6

Started by tomcat, May 23, 2007, 06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 23, 2007, 06:56 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 06:32 PM by tomcat
The battle was all but over save the threat of the chariots and Durgil had an idea - he peered down into the ravine that lay in shadow and struggled to see the oncoming wains. The Dúnadan could barely make out anything in the darkness save large, moving shadows... that and the sounds of hooves and wagon wheels.

Durgil drew back his bowstring and took aim at the largest of moving shapes. It was then that the first chariot broke from between the hills and the noble could faintly see it from the glow of Edrahil's magic. He knew the next large shape must be a horse! He let go of the string and the arrow flew into the dark. In moments there was the sound of screaming, both of men and horses, and the crack of breaking wood - the commotion brought a humorless smile to Durgil's face.

OOC: The arrow took the second horse in the dark which startled it more than actually slayed it, causing the animal to stumble and wrecking the drawn chariot. The following riders will have a Teamster test TN 15 (2 Actions) to save themselves from plowing into the wreck (Darkness penalty will apply).

Situation: The battle is all but over...

Situational Modifiers: The area within the orange circle is the only area where attacks are not penalized by a -5 Darkness penalty. If you wish to attack any character outside the orange ring (ranged combat), a successful Observe (Spot) TN 12 is required (1 Action and -5 Darkness penalty applies) to see the target. A failure at this Observe test penalizes by DOS: -3, -5, -7 and is cumulative with the -5 Darkness penalty. Any character at a higher elevation than his opponent receives a +3 advantageous position bonus to attack.

Easterling Stats: This is a major battle so some of the baddies are standard hit points, so be ready. Mook health levels for the minor baddies... 5 hits for Easterlings TN 10 defence

Physical Modifiers: Ranged attacks against Sagath will be affected by -3 for shields and -2 movement

Initiative:

Koskas 11 +3 Courage = 14
Galudir 13
Dirnhael 11
Fengel 9
Durgil 8
Éothraim 8
Easterlings 8
Edrahil 6
Nain 7

**Please remember to give me your next round's initiative at the end of your posts

Sagath drivers attempt to keep from wrecking TN 15
Teamster +7, Str +1, Specialty +2, Darkness -5
Roll(2d6)+5: 6,6,4,+5 Total:21 SUCCESS
Roll(2d6)+5: 2,1,+5 Total:8 FAILED
Roll(2d6)+5: 2,6,+5 Total:13 +3 Courage = 21 SUCCESS

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

May 23, 2007, 07:10 PM #1 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:40 PM by tomcat
Seeing the first chariot break from the ravine, Koskas charges Dirnhael with the intent to barrel over him and put distance between his attackers. The chariot would be his way out of the carnage that had occurred within the Three Tears.

"HERE!" yelled Koskas in his deep, garbled voice. The call echoed on the hills and the chariotteers directed their wains in the direction of their leader.

In the ruin that had once been a company of twelve warriors, the last Sagath dropped his weapon and hoped his captors would spare him.

Koskas charges Dirnhael TN 11
AC +11, Strength +2, Specialty +2, Charge +3, Wound -5
Roll(2d6)+13: 5,4,+13 Total:22

Dirnhael can Dodge and not worry about the following Strength test and damage, or he can parry the potential damage but must make an opposed Strength test against: Roll(2d6)+5: 4,1,+5 Total:10

If he fails to dodge or parry, he will take damage the I will roll after your post. If he fails to dodge or oppose the strength test, he will also be knocked back and out of the way.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: I posted an edit for my Init, but guess you missed it...  Init = 8

Not knowing the enemy's intent, Durgil draws another arrow near his ear.  Straining to see his foe just outside the magic light, he finds the last chariot in the line and frees another arrow intent to disable the chariot's means of propulsion.

Free) Reload
1) TN 12 Observe - (5+3)+5+3 Courage-5=11 FAILURE (-3 penalty)
2) RC: Bows - (4+4)+14+2+3+3 Courage-5-3=22

Init - (1+1)+2=4
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on May 23, 2007, 07:10 PM
Seeing the first chariot break from the Ravine, Koskas charges Dirnhael with the intent to barrel over him and put distance between his attackers. The chariot would be his way out of the carnage that had occurred within the Three Tears.

"HERE!" yelled Koskas in his deep, garbled voice. The call echoed on the hills and the chariotteers directed their wains in the direction of their leader.

In the ruin that had once been a company of twelve warriors, the last Sagath dropped his weapon and hoped his captors would spare him.

Dirnhael can Dodge and not worry about the following Strength test and damage, or he can parry the potential damage but must make an opposed Strength test against: Roll(2d6)+5: 4,1,+5 Total:10

If he fails to dodge or parry, he will take damage the I will roll after your post. If he fails to dodge or oppose the strength test, he will also be knocked back and out of the way.

OOC: Smart move on the Courage point spend for Koskas... I should have thought of that myself while rolling mine...
If I successfully parry, will I stop him and be able to attack? Or does that just mean I avoid damage and he flies by?

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: I saw the init roll Matt.. for some reason I thought that was for last round.  :\  I saw your post at the end of Round 5... you are right, it has been a bit of a bloodfest. I do not think Koskas' tactic of sacrificing a small contingent of men so that he could raise Harizan's ire will work if the crazy wolfman doesn't make it out!  :]

Shawn, your parry will keep you from taking damage, the opposed Strength test is what you will need to win to keep the wolf from barreling over you.

Stefan

OOC: So did S4 make the Str test for being knocked down?

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: No harm, no foul   ;)  hehe this is still a lot of fun
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: Stefan on May 24, 2007, 04:16 AMOOC: So did S4 make the Str test for being knocked down?

OOC: Hey Stefan, I forgot to roll it, but I think after taking a 3 HIT hit from Nain, it is safe to assume he was knocked on his ass. I can picture the craftsman standing over the fallen Sagath, axe poised to strike, and the Man quailing and dropping his weapon from his  hand.

Palandil

OOC: I rolled a 9 for this rounds initiative.  Does Fengel have a chance at seeing where Dirnhael is based on that observe roll last round?

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on May 23, 2007, 07:10 PM

ACTION 1 - Parry (TN 22):
AC (Longsword) + Bonuses +19,  Sword Parry Bonus +1, Shield Parry Bonus +3 = +23 -5 Darkness = +18
Roll(2d6)+18: 2,2,+18 Total:22 - SUCCESS (OOC: Barely!)

Strength Test (TN 10)
Strength +1
Roll(2d6)+1: 1,1,+1 Total:3 - FAIL (OOC: Miserably!)

Dirnhael's eyes opened wide as the beast charged at him, fangs bared. Raising his shield against Koskas' fangs and claws, he took the brunt of the werewolf's weight. With a resounding thump, Dirnhael was flung backwards and to the side, landing hard and skidding loudly across the dirt. His breath expelled in one gust as he fell,and  he cringed as he felt the pain of his wound; he laid motionless for a moment as he watched his foe race away.

He had lost him.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Quote from: tomcat on May 24, 2007, 04:50 AM
OOC: Hey Stefan, I forgot to roll it, but I think after taking a 3 HIT hit from Nain, it is safe to assume he was knocked on his ass. I can picture the craftsman standing over the fallen Sagath, axe poised to strike, and the Man quailing and dropping his weapon from his  hand.

Sweet  ;D

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on May 24, 2007, 08:36 AMOOC: Does Fengel have a chance at seeing where Dirnhael is based on that observe roll last round?

OOC: Hey Paul, the roll would be different outside the orange ring due to the -5 darkness penalty, but reduce that by 2 for your Night-eyed trait and you get (12-3) a 9. I needed you all to at least roll a 12 in the darkness to be able to get any kind of firm sight on any moving figure, but remember, just cause you see a figure out in the dark, you will not be able to discern who they might be - especially at a distance.