• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 12:17 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Three Tears - Round 4

Started by tomcat, May 17, 2007, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 19, 2007, 02:34 PM #15 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:42 PM by tomcat
OOC: A couple things Shawn... first, remember you have armor that will absorb 5 points. Second, I forgot the bonus of +5 instead of +3 when you wield your sword. So the breakdown of Courage spent could/would be:

TN is 51 (what Koskas scored)
31 is the result of the parry attempt prior to any Courage spent

- 20 point DOS would mean Koskas gets an additional 3d6 to damage or 4d6+5
- 15 point DOS (spend one courage) and Koskas gets additional 2d6 or 3d6+5
- 10 point DOS (spend two courage) and Koskas gets additional 1d6 or 2d6+5
- 5 point DOS (spend three courage) and Koskas gets base damage or 1d6+5
- 0 point DOS  (spend all courage) and the attack is blocked

Based on my dice roll and the amounts of courage spent, the susequent damage results after armor would be:

Spend no Courage - Roll(4d6)+5: 4,5,4,3,+5 Total:21 -5 armour or 16 damage (no penalty due to Hardy Edge)
Spend one Courage -Roll(4d6)+5: 4,5,4,+5 Total:18 - 5 armour or 13 damage (no penalty due to Hardy Edge)
Spend two Courage -Roll(4d6)+5: 4,5,+5 Total:14 - 5 armour or 9 damage (still no wound penalty)
Spend three Courage -Roll(4d6)+5: 4,+5 Total:9 - 5 armour or 4 damage (still no wound penalty)
Spend four Courage - and my post it moot... and a beautiful attack goes to naught.  :'(

But I am not trying to hurt your characters... no, really!  ;D

The last thing I want to note here, is you did not include the -5 Darkness penalty in any of your rolls. I adjusted, so re-review and tell me how you want to use the Courage.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

May 20, 2007, 01:02 AM #16 Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:04 AM by sdrotar
OOC: OK - because of the Darkness penalty, I'd fail all three parries. :(  Moreover, taking three hits like that would lower Dirnhael to Near Death status in only one round... in other words, I'm in deep you-know-what.
But with the Courage boost that Vorandur applies, I could spend on point of Courage on parries 1 and 3 to negate the Darkness penalty, making both of those successful.

I'll do that and save the last two Courage points, hoping I can use them to deflect an attack or two and keep Dirnhael alive another round or two.

Here's hoping Galudir's surprise attack imparts a major, major advantage. [<
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

May 20, 2007, 06:16 AM #17 Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 12:26 PM by tomcat
Quote from: sdrotarACTION 4: Attack Koskas (via Swift Strike 2)
AC (Longsword) + Bonuses +19, Darkness -5 = +14
Roll(2d6)+14: 2,5,+14 Total:21
Damage if successful: Roll(2d6)+7: 2,4,+7 Total:13

Koskas defends against Dirnhael's attack TN 21
AC +11, Specialty +2, MAP -5
Roll(2d6)+8: 2,6,+8 Total:16 FAILED

13 -3 armour = 10 total damage

Now we just need Nain and Galudir to post - Nain's defense and Galudir's attacks. I am going to set up Round 5 though.

Vorandúr struck Koskas and the enchanted blade cut deep. The werwolf gave a great, mournful cry as the pain coursed his body - a pain he had not felt in many years. With a raging snarl he looked back at Dirnhael, his eyes aglow with unnatural light, and the wolf-thing rose to its full height, looming over the man, poised to attack once more.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Dirnhael cringed; the claw had cut deeply into his side and he had barely avoided being struck twice more.  He briefly thought that the Company should have learned more about their foe before engaging him - the beast was more than a match for him and had disabled Edrahil with little more than a word. But the time had passed for such thoughts; he was here, and he would have to concentrate on nothing more than staying alive.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nikitas

Willpower TN 11:
2d6= 3,3
Willpower (+1)
6+1= 7 (I think this makes Galudir Panicked)

Action 1 & 2:
Armed Combat (Blades: Long sword):
2d6=6,1
Nimbleness (+3), Skill Ranks (+6), Speciality (+2), Two-handed (+2), Skill-Maneuver Bonus (+1), Panicked (-2), Darkness Penalty (-5)
7+3+6+2+2+1-2-5= 14

Damage:
2d6=2,5
Weapon Bonus (+5), Strength Bonus (+2), Two-handed (+4)
7+5+2+4= 18 (Does Panic apply to Damage too?)

Initiative:
2d6= 2,3
Swiftness (+5), Panicked (-2)
5+5-2= 8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never before had Galudir witnessed such terror and evil. The large shape of beast before him, though it did not have Galudir in its sight, was enough to give the rogue pause. Once its claws and fangs lashed out against Dirnhael, with the speed and force of a mountain rapid, fear gripped the rogue's heart. Yet seeing that Dirnhael had the might and speed to counter the beast's attacks, Galudir felt a small ember of hope still alight within him and he struck out from the shadows, burying his sword into the enemy's shoulder.

Stefan

OOC: Thanks for letting Nain move, I didn't really expect to kill the warg with that first hit. 

Parry TN 16 (-5 MAP?)
Roll (2d6)+5:6,5+5=16

Nain narrowly blocks the sword of the Sagath that he'd attacked with the haft of his axe as he swung it around preparing for another strike.