• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:51 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Flight plan

Started by tomcat, Feb 17, 2007, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

OOC: Hey Chris, I am trying to open the story up to Tam here but at the moment there is not much medical stuff going on. Feel free to have the doc up on the bridge at anytime, kind of like Bones hangin' out on the Enterprise's bridge.

More to follow...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Feb 27, 2007, 05:38 PM #16 Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007, 05:40 PM by tomcat
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 24, 2007, 09:43 AM"Yet pirates are not without their own resources.  What was the heading of departing ship?  Can you determine where they came from prior to the encounter?"

Stonn was able to see the flight path of the outbound ship heading back into Federation space; trying to discern from where they came would require active sensors. It would take a while but it was possible to detect the warp signature left in subspace, like a wake behind a ship on the water.

The science officer watched on his screen as the second freighter went to warp.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 27, 2007, 05:38 PM
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 24, 2007, 09:43 AM"Yet pirates are not without their own resources.  What was the heading of departing ship?  Can you determine where they came from prior to the encounter?"

Stonn was able to see the flight path of the outbound ship heading back into Federation space; trying to discern from where they came would require active sensors. It would take a while but it was possible to detect the warp signature left in subspace, like a wake behind a ship on the water.

The science officer watched on his screen as the second freighter went to warp.

OOC: Stonn relays this information to the Captain, and waits to see if he ordered that they become "visible", in a sense, to track the ships more accurately.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: sdrotar on Feb 27, 2007, 07:26 PM
OOC: Stonn relays this information to the Captain, and waits to see if he ordered that they become "visible", in a sense, to track the ships more accurately.
OOC: Im not quite sure I get what you mean, but Darkan won't order that active sensors be used at this time.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 27, 2007, 07:59 PM
Quote from: sdrotar on Feb 27, 2007, 07:26 PM
OOC: Im not quite sure I get what you mean, but Darkan won't order that active sensors be used at this time.

OOC: That's what I meant. ;)
Our passive sensors (Arc Bow) seem to, as I understand it, give the Columbia a "stealth" profile of sorts, so if we go to active, I assume we'd be like a submarine on sonar - we'd be "visible".
Maybe that's not the best analogy; maybe I don't get how the sensors work...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Yes, that is an apt analogy.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16