• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:27 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

CHAPTER 10 - Vengeance!

Started by tomcat, Feb 04, 2007, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikitas

Galudir approached Dirnhael and Durgil near the ruined hut, "I am no skilled tracker, but what I have seen are numerous tracks by men and carts. They are just as likely made by those who inhabited this homestead as by anyone who may have attacked it, if indeed that is what occurred here. Either way it should lead to someone who has some knowledge about Fengel's family."

sdrotar

Quote from: Nikitas on Feb 06, 2007, 08:44 PM
Galudir approached Dirnhael and Durgil near the ruined hut, "I am no skilled tracker, but what I have seen are numerous tracks by men and carts. They are just as likely made by those who inhabited this homestead as by anyone who may have attacked it, if indeed that is what occurred here. Either way it should lead to someone who has some knowledge about Fengel's family."

"We may as well move on," Dirnhael said. While the tracks Thermon described were deep enough not have been washed away yet, there seemed to reason to risk losing the trail when the rains came. He thought it best to follow whatever lead they may have as far as they could.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on Feb 05, 2007, 05:32 AMOOC: You amaze me Tomcat, with your knowledge and ability to narrate. :)

QuoteOOC: Tomcat, let me second Palandil's comment; the set-up here is spectacular. Sometimes, this method of RP'ing is even better than sitting at a table together, simply because of the narrative. Well done!

OOC: Hey you guys, I didn't want you to think your accolades went unheard, or unappreciated.  ;D Thanks a lot! I enjoy writing this stuff and seeing where you guys take it! Thanks for everything you all add too.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 06, 2007, 11:28 AM
Edrahil can see smoke rising to the north and east but it is not in any great amount (i.e. burning homestead, etc.)

The keen-eyed elf saw smoke rising from other homesteads to the north and east, enough to indicate that they were currently in use. When the others emerged from Fengel's home, Edrahil told them "I see that there are neighbours who might be able to tell us what has happened here. There to the north and also to the east."

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on Feb 06, 2007, 01:56 PMHe faintly heard Durgil's question, but did not respond as he got up and walked back outside to look for new graves near where he had laid his parents to rest.  If they had pasted, his people would have buried them there.

Fengel saw naught but the grave sites of his parents that he and his brother-in-law had struggled to dig those years past.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]