• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:55 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Aftermath

Started by tomcat, Dec 17, 2006, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 20, 2006, 05:21 PM #15 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 05:33 PM by tomcat
OOC: I like your character Nikitas... I know I keep saying that, but this rogue is adding a nice touch of the unwanted-hero.  ;)

Anyway, you can read my post and place Galudir's pleas in between Bori speaking about why it should be Dwarf gold, and the lustful look you all notice.

Also, I have altered my post to reflect Bori answering Galudir.

Bori's Wisdom test to oppose Galudir's Persuade TN 19
Wisdom +2, Racial diference +3, Bori is Loyal to his king and his duty +10
Roll(1d12)+15: 2,+15 Total:17 +3 Courage* = 20 SUCCESS

*Let me know if Galudir wants to spend any courage to overcome the roll... understand too that Persuade is not domination and the target still has free will.

Lastly, remember to use d12 on your skill rolls. Thanks!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Bori looked up to meet the eyes of the tall Dúnadan, "It is not without gratitude for the service you have rendered, but in this matter there is no more to be said. These treasures lie within the realm of King Bain, they are clearly items robbed from our merchants that travel the Hollin Road, and lastly... it was our patrol that discovered this troll hole."

The Company could see in Bori's eyes, a lustful, greedy look... a dangerous look. In all of their dealings with the Dwarves, including Nain, the companions had known them to desire precious metals and stones, but there was something more here.

Bori spoke again, looking to Galudir, "It will be for King Bain to decide."

It was as if on cue. With Bori's final words a large contingent of Moria Dwarves came into the cave armed and ready to deal with trolls, only to find that they were dealt with. Still, it gave Bori the strength he needed to make his demands resolute. The Dwarf doorwarden spoke a few words to another apparent commander that had just arrived and then he turned to the Company once more, "Come with me... you have  announced yourselves at the West Gate. You must now wait until word comes from King Bain in regards to your request."

OOC: Actions - and/or - Dialogue?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nikitas

OOC: Nah I will go with the flow and see what happens in Khazad-dûm.

sdrotar

Dec 20, 2006, 08:26 PM #18 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 08:33 PM by sdrotar
Dirnhael sheathed his sword with a sharp metallic scrape and drew himself to his full height, towering over the Dwarf.
Then he nodded slightly, forced a smile and spoke with conviction.
"Very well. We look forward to meeting King Bain, and we trust in his wisdom regarding this matter. It is said the the Dwarves of Khazad-dum possess riches beyond the dreams of avarice, and surely, he will justly reward that which was freely given and risked."

"There was something in there," he whispered to Edrahil and Fengel as they walked out of the cave. They all saw the look in Bori's eyes. Dirnhael cared little for trinkets - the Dwarf was welcome to them - but he had concerns of a much darker nature settle into his mind like a thunder-cloud.
"Something he knows about... something he wants... something more valuable than gold..."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Nain was not only not supprised by Bori's statement but had, in a way, expected it.  Even among his own kin in the north there were many who would have loved to lay claim to this treasure not for any good but purely for the having of it.  That didn't stop him from disagreeing with the motives behind it.

"I claim this treasure in the name of Celebrimbor of Hollin.  This treasure is not under the mountain and the Dwarven king has no more right to it than any of the free people.  The treasure bears the mark of the Elf and his kin are here to claim it."

Nain stands between Bori and the treasure and motions toward the two elves.

"And If ye don't think that the King will cede his claim to the rightful owners then he can come here himself and we'll discuss it!"

Nain firmly plants his feet on the stone of the cave floor and crosses his arms, the picture of a stone statue that would not be moved.  Averice was something that Nain understood better than any non-dwarf.  But he hated it,  He forced it away in himself and refused to give in when faced with it.

Wiseman

Seriand stood in near shock at the response from Nain.  Not only had the dwarf earned respect from the elven scout on each day of their journey but this new gesture was more than he would have expected.  With sword sheathed and hand on the hilt Seriand walked next to Nain and similarily planted his person, stand shoulder to...hip.

"I lay claim to this treasure on behalf of my people."  Even while saying this he gave a slight nod to Bori, even though they may be at a disagreement, he still respected the dwarf.

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil, seeing the need for a cool head, steps into the middle of the simmering tempest.  "Gentlemen, gentlemen... please.  Enough of this, I am sure a suitable agreement can come to.  We all recognize that the Lord of Moria has claim to this hoard as weregild for the loss of his people but the claims of the others are also valid seeing as there is treasure that come from different realms and races.  To settle this I propose two things:"

"First, negotiations should be held with the Lord of Moria for just dispensation of the treasure; that is the only proper thing to do.  Second, since the hoard is so large and to prevent unwanted looting, a small delegation will remain to guard the treasure: one representative for each claimant upon it.  The rest of us shall go to Moria to speak with the dwarf-king."

"If this is equitable," Durgil says, eying everyone in turn, "then please put aside your tempers and blades so we might resolve this peacefully.  What say you?"

OOC: Let me know if any rolls are required.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

OOC: I love this! Great RP'ing you guys! I really like the ties that are building between the characters. ;D

Matt, Durgil is the true vision of a courtly litigator / arbitrator.

Palandil

Fengel could not believe they had survi\ved such a battle only to possibly enter another.  Over treasure no less.  He stood next to Dirnhael, prepared for what ever may come.

tomcat

Dec 21, 2006, 09:02 AM #24 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 09:07 AM by tomcat
Bori looked at Durgil, having heard his words, and they seemed logical. He then looked to the Elf and Dwarf in front of him that had made the absurd claim of ownership, and he wondered where this would lead. Around them all, the tension that grew in the room brought the new arrived Dwarves to a quiet stand still. Perhaps the Dúnadan's suggestion would be best heeded, so as not to start any incidents. The Dwarves of Moria had a tentative relationship at best with the Elves of Lorien, at least since the Dark Days long past, but Bori did not wish to start a war... not over such an insignificant pile of baubles. And who knew, maybe there was some truth to Nain's statment that the items were pieces of antiquity from the lands of Eregion?

Again, it was not worth war. And wars had arisen between Dwarf and Elf over such trivial things. Still, the Dwarf door ward would not let the Man dictate conditions.

"I am resigned to agree with this Man, though the treasure will be removed from this place and taken to Khazad-dûm. You may, as you wish, have one of your companions accompany the items to bear witness to the integrity of Dwarves. In any case, it will be for King Bain to decide what is to be done with it and who will benefit from the find. Perhaps he will bestow a reward for your aid, but it his to decide what shall be done with the realm's property."

Bori stood there waiting to see if the Company out of the West accepted the terms. If not, he would readily use the strength of the newly arrived troops to assure that Khazad-dûm would not be robbed.

OOC: Nain, I need a Lore/History (Khazad-dûm) test roll made against a TN 15

GandalfOfBorg

Dec 21, 2006, 09:17 AM #25 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 09:19 AM by GandalfOfBorg
OOC:   ;D thanks, he's truly not his father... besides i banter of this kind, its some of my favorite parts of the books

Durgil won't press his call for calm too much seeing the tactical disadvantage, but he will stand for honour.  "It wasn't and isn't a matter of distrust of the Dwarves of Moria, but a matter of honour and redress for the others.  Allow two -- a Man and an Elf -- to accompany the treasure and you will hear no more from us on this matter until we are before your king."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Dec 21, 2006, 10:34 AM #26 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 10:36 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: sdrotar on Dec 20, 2006, 08:26 PM
Dirnhael sheathed his sword with a sharp metallic scrape and drew himself to his full height, towering over the Dwarf.
Then he nodded slightly, forced a smile and spoke with conviction.
"Very well. We look forward to meeting King Bain, and we trust in his wisdom regarding this matter. It is said the the Dwarves of Khazad-dum possess riches beyond the dreams of avarice, and surely, he will justly reward that which was freely given and risked."

"There was something in there," he whispered to Edrahil and Fengel as they walked out of the cave. They all saw the look in Bori's eyes. Dirnhael cared little for trinkets - the Dwarf was welcome to them - but he had concerns of a much darker nature settle into his mind like a thunder-cloud.
"Something he knows about... something he wants... something more valuable than gold..."

OOC: Doug, can we simply shift Dirnhael's actions and words in this post to the end of this discussion, time-wise? I think it'll still work there as it doesn't seem to step on what anyone else did...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

OOC: That works for me Shawn.

Stefan

Dec 21, 2006, 11:27 AM #28 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 12:07 PM by tomcat
Lore History (Khazad-dûm)
Roll (2d6)+8: 1,4,+8=13

Nain eyes Bori warily and then speaks to Durgil.

"Never trust a dwarf to guarding unclaimed gold.  Make sure that you're guards are wary."

tomcat

OOC: Hey Stefan, don't forget your +2 specialty bonuses to skill rolls - I updated your post.

Also, remember we are using the d12 on skill rolls.

Thanks, Doug