• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 04:47 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

What to do about Trolls?

Started by tomcat, Nov 14, 2006, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Scratching the side of his head at the sight of the dwarves simply marching headlong into the troll lair.  "Well they aren't going to have their minds changed...."  Drawing his blade the elven scout simply followed behind the dwarven war party, keeping to the shadows in a hope to flank around in the midst of the battle...

sdrotar

Nov 27, 2006, 07:55 AM #16 Last Edit: Nov 27, 2006, 11:06 AM by sdrotar
OOC: Sorry - I was out of town and didn't have 'net access for most of last week...

Dirnhael continued to work on his makeshift booby trap until the Dwarves started to march towards the entrance.
He scrambled down the hill from above the top of the entrance while waving his arms frantically.

"No, no! There are at least three trolls inside; it is dark and they know their own lair," he said.
"T'would be suicide. They think a dwarf still lives out here; let us lie in wait until sunset and catch them unawares!"

Persuade roll (Persuade +0)
Roll(2d6)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5

OOC: I figured that wouldn't work, what with my no skill and all...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC:   As if they can't hear the discourse outside their cave.... ;)

"This won't end well," thinks Durgil as he unslings his bow and nocks an arrow -- he won't leave them to their doom without a fighting chance.

OOC: He remains to the rear of the entering force, ready to fire upon any foe coming into view.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Dirnhael stared at the man he knew as Thermon in stunned silence. To Dirnhael, the roguish fellow appeared to be one of the few remaining with any common sense as he watched Seriand and Durgil prepare to enter the trolls' cave.

Dirnhael was not one to shy away from a fight, but "only a fool fights in a burning house," he thought. The trolls knew they were out there; they knew their lair, and they were formidable foes even under the best of circumstances - and, most definitely, these were not the best of circumstances.

He looked to Edrahil and Fengel in hopes of learning some wisdom that he might have missed.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

As he passed his friend, Durgil commented, "You tried to sway them, but they will not be.  I, for one, won't let them go off on a fool's errand without lending aid while I may.  Besides, the trolls are expecting a small contingent of dwarves, not all of us."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16