• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 05:55 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 7 -

Started by tomcat, Feb 07, 2005, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The Company has been split with Fengel, Daelhun, Lunduf, Nain and Dirnhael down in the deeps... all that is left to threaten the Company is the great spider-wraith known as Gorvorsang!

Physical Modifiers: Although the lantern gives off some light, I am going to penalize any in the tunnels with a Dim Lighting penalty of +2 to TN's

Gorvorsang is Defence 12, with dim light a 14, but mammoth size reduces to 10 (8 for dwarves)

*Characters must make a Stamina Test TN 10 each round or suffer a -2 to ALL tests.

Character Status: Daelhun is Winded -1, Durgil is Winded -1, Edrahil is Injured -3 and Winded -1. Be sure and check the status page for your available COURAGE - in case you need any.

Initiative:
Fengel- Roll(2d6)+3: 6,3,+3 Total:12
Gorvorsang- Roll(2d6)+4: 1,3,+4 Total:8
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Initiative - (5+4)+2-1=10

"Alright.  Stay near me then -- we'll get through this," says Durgil.  "I hope," he mutters under his breath and begins his way into the bowels of the earth.

Actions) Moving for the entire round unless combat intercedes.

OOC: If needed...
TN 10 Stamina - (6+5)+3-1=13
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Initiative (2d6) 1,1+2=4

OOC: I'll post later on since I'm pretty sure that'll make me dead last.

Wiseman

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 2,4,+2 Total:8
Stamina: Roll(2d6)+2: 3,5,+2 Total:10
OOC: Twice the dice gods have smiled on me!

Coming into view was the spider, that made the recently dispatched one look like a baby, this...thing was terrifying and the stench that bellowed from it would make a warg gag.

Daelhun ran forth and saw the vile creature going after the little dwarf, he could not wait until the spider completed whatever terrible thing it was going to do to Nain.  The warrior charged forth holding the sword in both hands he swung twice in rapid succession, he was intent on slicing through the powerful front legs of the beast.

Both attacks are called shots to her legs so the TN will be decided by boss man Doug.
Attack 1 (2-Handed): Roll(2d6)+11: 5,6,+11 Total:22
Damage: Roll(2d6)+11: 3,3,+7 +4 Total:17
Attack 2 (2-Handed): Roll(2d6)+11: 4,3,+11 Total:18
Damage: Roll(2d6)+11: 2,5,+17 + 4 Total:18

sdrotar

OOC: Can anyone pull a Chappelle "I'm Rick James, b****!" and slap Dirnhael back to reality, or do I just get to stand there like a Parisian street mime? :roll:
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Fengel attacks Gorvorsang TN 8 (12 -4 Size)
ACTIONS 1, 2, and 3
AC +11, Spec +2, Dim light -2, Night-eyed +2
Roll(2d6)+13: 2,3,+13 Total:18
Roll(2d6)+13: 6,5,+13 Total:24
Roll(2d6)+13: 5,4,+13 Total:22

All extraoridnary successes: 20x3= 60/2= 30-15= 15 Total

The spell took hold at last and Dirnhael was fixed where he stood, fear swelling in his heart. He could see and hear those around him but he could make no move to stop the beast that was before him and evidently seeking to end his life. Gorvorsang's forward legs swiped at Nain but the dwarf knocked away the attacks. It was then the Company's opportunity to show the spider-wraith that this 'prey' would not be taken easily. Nain and Lûnduf swept their axes at the mammoth creature and made contact. The axes bit but the spider's undead body seemed to be undeterred by the savage blows. Daelhun followed them up with a couple of jabs of his own but met with the same results as his diminutive friends.

Gorvorsang hoisted up her great form to reveal her spinnerets. The two-legs were annoying her but she could sense that their feeble attacks were causing her great form harm. Better that she took her trophy away and be content with that - the rest she would leave for her brood to enjoy. She cast out a web at the Dúnadan and snagged him, reeling him towards her with her back legs while her front two attacked Daelhun.

:arrow: OOC:
Web cast to snag Dirnhael TN 11
ACTION 1
RC +8, Nim +2, Spec +2, Size -4
Roll(2d6)+8: 2,4,+8 Total:14 SUCCESS
ACTION 2

Draws Dirnhael towards her
ACTION 3 (Multiple Attack)
Attack Daelhun with claw TN 12
AC +9, Nim +2, Spec +2, Size -4
Roll(2d6)+9: 5,2,+9 Total:16 SUCCESS
Damage: Roll(1d6)+9: 1,+9 Total:10*

*Icy Touch - If not parried, Daelhun must make a Stamina TN 15 or temporarily lose 2 Strength and Vitality. If reduced to 0 in either attribute, the victim will fall unconscious for 2d6x10 minutes. Points restore at 1 in each attribute each 10 minutes.

Dirnhael will be drawn to Gorvorsang by the end of this round unless he is grabbed and an Opposed Strength Test is performed.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Lunduf

Init +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,2,+2 Total:9

Stench resistance tn 10
stamina +3
Roll(2d6)+3: 5,6,+3 Total:14 success

Actions 1,2,3 Attacks Gorvorsang tn 8
Ac 10 +1 (nim) +1 (Warwise) +2 (ba spec) = +14
Roll(2d6)+14: 4,3,+14 Total:21 extraor success
Roll(2d6)+14: 5,1,+14 Total:20 extraor success
Roll(2d6)+14: 6,6,+14 Total:26  
Roll(1d6)+0: 3,+0 Total:3 +26= 29 extraor success

max damage 18 *3 = (54)/2 =27 -15 = 12 total

Opposed strength test +2  (tn?)
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,4,+2 Total:11

Continues working on the creature's limbs swinging with all his strength three times trying to sever the appreently unremoveable limb.
"This creature knows how to take some hits!"
Then sees Dirnhael slowly being pulled in and grabs his body.  Firmly plants his feet and tries to rip Dirnhael free from the monster.
"You will not be taking this man today!"

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: How long will it take for Durgil and Edrahil to join their companions in the pit?
Gwaithlim Weapons

Stefan

Stamina to resist stink
Roll (2d6) 3,4 +4= 11

Nain feels the head of his axe dig into the bony exterior of the beast but it doesnt even seem to register with the creature.

"There is some fell sorcery about this thing that it doesn't feel the bite of axe or blade."

He rolls out from under the creature coming out near Dirnhael.  He slashes the creature with his axe, then grabs the warriors armor with his free hand and pulls him from the spider's grasp.

Attack
Roll (2d6) 1,6 +6 = 13 Success
Damage (2d6) 5,4 +9=18  

Strength test
Roll (2d6) 4,6 +4 =14

OOC: if you don't mind me changing this I didn't realize the penalty.

tomcat

:arrow:  OOC:

Hey Matt, you and Edrahil will be in the tunnel this round and be able to attack with one ACTION (you may take another but suffer the Action Allowance Penalty).

If you need anything else, gimme a shout.

Hey Mike and Stefan,

The Opposed Strength Test that you would need to beat is:

Roll(2d6)+3: 3,6,+3 Total:12

Stefan, the opposed strength test would be considered a 3rd action so you are penalized by -5 for AA, so you total a 9. I am going to insteda extend an affinity modifier to Lunduf's grab of +1 for your assistance.

Stefan

I edited my post above.  I didnt' realize there was a penalty for that.

Lunduf

OOC: well that worked out well.  just enough

GandalfOfBorg

Seeing a shot, Durgil lets fly an arrow at the great spider's eyes.

RC:Bows (Longbow) - (6+2)+8+2-1=17
Damage: (4+4)=8

Init - (4+3)+2-1=8
Gwaithlim Weapons

Wiseman

The massive claw that swings at him nearly catches Daelhun, with his great speed he is able to parry the attack by a swing of his sword.

Parry: Roll(2d6)+11: 3,4,+11 -5 Total:13

tomcat

Edrahil casts Create Light TN 5
Willpower +7, Injured -3, Winded -1
Roll(2d6)+2: 3,5,+2 Total:10 SUCCESS

Edrahil chants quietly and then his hands begin to glow with a bright light that chases away all of the shadows.