• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 02:55 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

To heal the sick

Started by tomcat, Oct 12, 2006, 06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikitas

Oct 14, 2006, 11:49 AM #15 Last Edit: Oct 14, 2006, 11:50 AM by Nikitas
Climb roll from earlier= 5

Stamina (TN 10):
1d12= 10
Stamina (+2)
10+2= 12

Corruption TN 8:
1d12= 2
Willpower (+1)
2+1= 3

Survival(Forest):
1d12= 11
Perception (+1), Skill Rank (+2), Speciality (+2)
11+1+2+2= 16

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galudir was not happy trucking the dead up from the elven ruin to the company's makeshift camp. But the others were determined to help, so the rogue did not object. Once litters were constructed, Galudir left to scout the forest again to bring food for the night.

Palandil

Stamina TN 10
Sta+3
Roll(1d12)+3: 7,+3 Total:10 Success

Willpower TN 10
will+2
Roll(1d12)+2: 8,+2 Total:10 Success

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
OOC:

Finally, I will need all the non-Elf characters to make me a TN 10 Stamina test to resist the infection of the disease themselves. Fengel and Seriand also need to make a Willpower test TN 10 to resist Corruption; Galudir and Dirnhael need to make a Willpower test TN 8 to resist Corruption. The Corruption tests are for taking a hostage when escaping the Dunlending settlement. I have no prolem if you wait until the 'morning' so that your characters have an additional Courage available.

[EDIT] I was going to wait until the end of the Chapter for the Corruption test, but I do not wat to forget so I am doing it now. Also, I updated your character sheets for health point recovery and Courage.[/color]

Stamina Tests (TN 10)
Roll(1d12)+3:8,+3 Total:11 - SUCCESS

Corruption Test (TN 8)
Roll(1d12)+2:5,+2 Total:7 - FAIL (use one Courage Point to pass, please)

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

The day had seemed to fly by.  Since he had made the fire and kept the fuel fresh on top of helping build the litters, the sun was low in the sky before he thought to notice it.  He shoveled dirt onto the fire to kill the embers then quickly climbed back to the top of the hill.  It occured to him that climbing the hill with the litters would be next to impossible but Jethro could pull them up without a thought.

Stamina test TN 10
Sta +4, Hardiness ot Body +6
Roll (1d12) +10; 2+10=12 (It's good to be the Dwarf)

Climb TN 10 (I assume that the tests are the same up as down)
Str (+4), Rope (+5)
1d12 rolls 8,5,9

Tie the rope to Jethro's saddle and wrap it around the tree at the top so that I can walk him along the cliff and see the progress as we pull the litters and people up the hill.

tomcat

Oct 16, 2006, 10:24 AM #19 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2006, 10:40 AM by tomcat
OOC: Hey Stefan, you don't have to change anything major with your post, but I thought that the litters were being prepared at the top of the stairs already, and the sick and dead had been carried up by Durgil, Fengel and Seriand. Let me know if I have been reading this wrong...

Brian, to answer your question: the signs of the disease will begin in the number of days equal to a characters Vitality modifier. After that # of days have passed, a sick character will need to start making Stamina tests TN 20 to avoid Vitality loss (per the sickness mechanic I gave you earlier).

Doug

PS... Sorry Matt, we are going to have to make sure that Durgil pulls out of this.  :o TN 10 I thought would be a little challenge, but I never thought your die roll would hit bottom.  :-\

Seriand's WIllpower roll to resist Corruption TN 10:
Willpower +3
Roll(1d12)+3: 7,+3 Total:10 SUCCESS

I have adjusted all character sheets for Corruption and Courage use (let me know if you had already done the courage)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

OOC: Hey guys, give me a heads up so I can start another post... the company spent the rest of the day while Edrahil attempted to help the survivors. A new day is coming and the litters are being loaded. Are you guys heading back to the Dunlending settlement then?

I am assuming this, but I'd like confirmation so I know where to take the story.

Thanks
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: LOL well I had a 50% chance when rolling d12 and about the same if I had rolled 2d6.  I certainly hope he will survive  :D

It is Durgil's intent, Dirnhael consenting, that they return the Dunlendings to their village.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

OOC: well, if the litters were built at the top then someone would have to carry the bodies up.  having the horse pulling the rope would help with that too so it works either way.  I'm just imagining how much I'd like to pick up a body that had been dead and lying out in the elements and slog up a hill with it...Eeeww.

tomcat

Quote from: StefanI'm just imagining how much I'd like to pick up a body that had been dead and lying out in the elements and slog up a hill with it...Eeeww.

OOC: Yea, I can imagine this task being the most distasteful of all that the Company has ever had to do. The putridness of a body that died from sickness must be quite awful.

Anyway, maybe the new guy Galudir volunteered up his sleeping blanket to wrap the dead in while they were carried up the stairs... being low man on the totem pole and all.  ;D

Just kiddin' Nikitas!

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 17, 2006, 05:06 AM
OOC: It is Durgil's intent, Dirnhael consenting, that they return the Dunlendings to their village.

OOC: Definitely.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nikitas

OCC: Is he even on the totem pole? But I figure he would be willing to sell them the blanket. 100 gold, any takers?