• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 06:48 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 6 -

Started by tomcat, Feb 05, 2005, 09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Situation: The Company has been split with Fengel, Daelhun, Lunduf, Nain and Dirnhael down in the deeps... all that is left to threaten the Company is the great spider-wraith known as Gorvorsang!

Physical Modifiers: Although the lantern gives off some light, I am going to penalize any in the tunnels with a Dim Lighting penalty of +2 to TN's

Gorvorsang is Defence 12, with dim light a 14, but mammoth size reduces to 10 (8 for dwarves)

Character Status: Daelhun is Winded -1, Durgil is Winded -1, Edrahil is Injured -3 and Winded -1. Be sure and check the status page for your available COURAGE - in case you need any.

Initiative:

Fengel: Roll(2d6)+3: 6,5,+3 Total:14 NICE!
Daelhun: 14
Gorvorsang: Roll(2d6)+4: 3,5,+4 Total:12
Edrahil: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,3,+2 Total:11
Lunduf: 10
Dirnhael: 9
Durgil: 6

Dirnhael and Nain are moving around the dead giant spider as Gorvorsang rushes in on them. The remainder of the Company rush up behind the spider attacking the dwarf and man...

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

Initiative: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,6,+2 Total:14!!!  OMG

The foul stench of the newly destroyed spider however turned the joy into utter fear, even though the creature was dead the simple idea that these creatures could grow to such significant size was enough to put fear into his heart.

Snapping out of the fear induced slumber that he had joined with for even such a brief moment Daelhun realized that it was time to go.  "Dirnhael!  Dwarf!  With haste let us leave this foul place, I do not wish to find it to be my grave!"  The warrior yells out into the hollow chamber.

As he steps around the dead beast Daelhun is invigorated by the sight, albeit limited, of his two companions, it did him well to see their forms illuminated by the dim glow of the lantern.

"Let us leave this place, it does not feel right."  He says, making a gesture with his free hand for the two previously lost companions to follow and make their way to the surface.

Lunduf

Init +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,6,+2 Total:10

sdrotar

:arrow: Initiative Roll
Roll(2d6)+2:5,2,+2 Total:9

Dirnhael knows he has been fortunate, but that luck may not hold out much longer. He puts his hand on Nain's shoulder as he, too rushes toward the exit.

If they must face whatever horror seems to be gaining on them, he'd much rather do it out in the open, in the light; away from the darkness that comfort these vile beasts.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

Initiative - (3+2)+2-1=6

Keeping careful watch for more of the fell spiders coming from the pit or from the surrounding area, Durgil takes a glance at Edradhil.  "Is there anything I can do for you?  I'm afraid I haven't much skill in the arts of healing like yourself."

For other spiders -> Observe (Spot) - (4+2)+3+2-1=10
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:arrow: OOC:

Sorry you guys (Fengel, Daelhun and Lundf) had such great initiative rolls, but to get into contact with Gorvorsang, you will have to wait until after she goes, as she is up on Nain and Dirnhael.

FIRST!
Stench - Each character in the pit must make a Stamina test TN 10 or suffer a -2 to ALL tests.

Gorvorsang casts Holding-spell on Dirnhael TN 12:
ACTIONS 1 & 2
Willpower +4
Roll(2d6)+4: 1,5,+4 Total:10 SUCCESS (1 courage)
Dirnhael must make a Willpower test TN 18 (caster gains a +5 bonus) to withstand the magic, otherwise he will be paralyzed for 11 rounds.

With her great claws she attempts grab up the dwarf TN 18 (+6 due to Size difference):
ACTIONS 3 (Multiple attacks)
AC +9, Spec +2, Nim +2
Roll(2d6)+13: 4,3,+13 Total:20 SUCCESS*

*Icy Touch: If Nain does nt parry, he needs to make a TN 15 Stamina test or temporarily lose 2 strength and vitality. Attribute modifiers will temporarily reduce the bonuses given by said attributes. They will return at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes. If reduced to 0 in either attribute, victim falls unconsious for 2d6x10 minutes.

The three had made quick the distance to their comrades and now all together the group began to make for the sunlight ahead, but she moved faster. Like a physical force striking them, her stench roiled in the air before her and the Company was immediately hard pressed to even keep their feet. Behind the smell came the actual form of Gorvorsang.

She was mammoth and her eyes glowed with an unholy, un-living light. Her body was cracked and coarse and great pieces of her hairy hide hung loose, caught up in old webbing - still the carapace was solid and would turn a sharp blade. With her great legs, she came forward almost completely filling the passageway racing in on the prey that she so desired. Her front legs hooked into her dead brood and swept it under her body revealing the Company to her. Visible hatred could be seen in her death's face as she attacked those that had caused her so much harm – not only on this day but in remembered days past.

She again cast her magic and her long clawed legs reached out to grab the small dwarf. She knew there were more coming but she would make quick work of these and then deal with the rest!

Keeping careful watch for more of the fell spiders to come up from the pit or from the surrounding area, Durgil took a glance over at Edrahil, "Is there anything I can do for you? I'm afraid I haven't much skill in the arts of healing like yourself."

The Elf merely shook his head as he walked over to a large stone. He leaned against it and spoke, "No Durgil... I have done everything that needs done. Now it is but time that can lend her healing hands."

Noises came up from the pit and both of the Company members looked at it and then back at each other. What was down there? They both realized that it would be necessary to go down there for their friends were in danger.  Edrahil stood back up and the two moved towards the pit.

Fengel Stamina Test TN 10:
Stamina +3
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,2,+3 Total:7 FAILED (-2  to all tests)

Fengel will rush in and attack Grovorsang TN 8 (12 -4 due to size)*
ACTIONS 1,2 and 3 (Swift strike)
AC +11, Spec +2, Dim light -2, Night-eyd +2, Two-handed attack +3, -2 Stench
Roll(2d6)+14: 5,6,+14 Total:25 SUCCESS
Roll(2d6)+14: 1,1,+14 Total:16 SUCCESS
Roll(2d6)+14: 3,2,+14 Total:19 SUCCESS
Damage if not parried:
Auto max Total:23 (/2 for Undead Stamina then -5 Armour) = 7
Roll(2d6)+11: 1,5,+11 Total:17 (/2 for Undead Stamina then -5 Armour) = 4
Auto max Total:23 (/2 for Undead Stamina then -5 Armour) = 7

Total 11

*This attack will fall in the initiative order.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Lunduf

Stamina test tn 10
+3 (AM) + +6 (healthy RA) = +3 (Sorry no Healthy Racial bonus... that is to avert contracting a disease, not be overwhelmed by an awful stink)
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,4,+3 Total:9 FAILED -2 to ALL actions

Action 1 +2
charge attack on Gorvorsang tn 8
Ac 10 +1 (nim) +1 (Warwise) +2 (ba spec) +1 (charge) +2 (charge spec) -2 (Stench) = +15
Roll(2d6)+15: 3,5,+15 Total:23 extraordinary success
Attack 3 (swifts strike)
attacks on gorvorsang tn 8
Ac 10 +1 (nim) +1 (Warwise) +2 (ba spec) -2 (Stench) = +12
Roll(2d6)+12: 6,1,+12 Total:19 extraordinary success

OOC: delays last swift strike until Gorvorsang's actions
Strength test tn for Gorvorsang to see if knocked prone = 11+2 = 13

Damage if not parried:
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,5,+6 Total:12 (*1.5 )=18 /2=9 -5 =4
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,3,+6 Total:15 /2 = 8 -5 = 3
Use the extraordinary successes to break one of the spiders limbs and the second to blind it as per coda rules for extraordinary success.
Sees the great beasts Holding another dwarf and charges head on slashing at one of the limbs of the beasts holding Nain and then going for a group of the creatures disgusting eyes.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat

FIRST!
Stench - Each character in the pit must make a Stamina test TN 10 or suffer a -2 to ALL tests.

Gorvorsang casts Holding-spell on Dirnhael TN 12:
ACTIONS 1 & 2
Willpower +4
Roll(2d6)+4: 1,5,+4 Total:10 SUCCESS (1 courage)
Dirnhael must make a Willpower test TN 18 (caster gains a +5 bonus) to withstand the magic, otherwise he will be paralyzed for 11 rounds.

:arrow: Withstand Stench (TN 10)
Roll(2d6)+3:6,1,+3 Total:10 - SUCCESS

:arrow: Resist Holding-spell (TN 18 )
Roll(2d6)+2:1,6,+2 Total:9 - FAIL
OOC: Since spending my last Courage Point still wouldn't be enough to help, I'll save it.

Good luck, guys - please don't let the spider eat me!
 :cry:
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Initiative (2d6) 4,2 +2=7

Stamina Vs Stench
(2d6) 3,4 +4=11 Success

First Action:
Parry +1 AC, +2 Nim, +1 Axe, +6 Size, -2 Darkness, TN 20
(2d6) 4,6 +8=18 Spend last courage +3=21 Success

Second Action:
Attackvs TN 8 +6 AC,-2 Dim light
(2d6) 3,3 +4=10 Success
Damage if not parried
(2d6) 4,1 +9=14

Nain turned to run as the great spider dropped but before he could even take his first step to run the new menace was upon him. He felt the movement behind him and narrowly ducked under the slashing pincers of the huge monster.  Using his momentum Nain rolls under her and hacks at her exposed belly.

Wiseman

Stamina Save: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,3,+2 Total:11

The new smell that boiled through the cavern was almost enough to gag Daelhun, what a day this had been on his stomach, he probably wouldn't even be able to eat for a week if this kept up!

The smell burned into his nostrils and Daelhun chalked it up to the smell of the dead spider before him.  "Hey dwarf you should probably take a bath, I mean really you are hard on my nose."  Daelhun says jokingly, his words stop abruptly as he peers around the edge of the dead spider, before him is a sight that should strike terror into the hearts of anyone that looks at it, the spider is the size of a small house!