• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:21 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 5

Started by Wiseman, Feb 02, 2005, 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Daelhun looks over the carnage they had brought to their enemies, it made him happy they had survived, and they had survived well, suffering few wounds. But something else was nagging at him, the nasty spiders...how he hated the eight legged creatures, even the small ones, these massive ones were ten times worse and he had trouble stomaching the sight of them.

"Our friends need our help..." Again his voice was weak, but he would not let his fear prevent him from helping those that were inside the hole...

The warrior took a step forward, the first one was always the most difficult. Then he took another step, his hands gripping the handle of the sword, his palms were sweaty as he decended into the bowels of the earth. Finally after the initial fear his feet carried him at a much quicker pace deeper and deeper into the hole.

Where were the others...were they safe...

OOC:

Walk, then jog down the pit until we find our friends.\

Init: Roll(2d6)+2: 6,3,+2 Total:11

Stefan

Initiative:
(2d6) 5,1 +2=8

Feeling the dread behind him, Nain glances over his shoulder to see what might be there.  He still cannot see the thing that fills his heart with dread but he knows that something is there.

"Somthing wicked comes Anorian, we must dispatch this one quickly or we will be trapped here by whatever it may be."

He then swings again at the fell creature in front of him so as to be rid of her before whatever evil was preparing to pounce would not have them trapped.

Attack TN 11 -2 darkness +2 Size
Roll (2d6) 6,3 +6=15 Success
Damage (2d6) 4,4 +9=17
Roll (2d6) 5,6 +6=17 Success
Damage (2d6) 2,2 +9=13

GandalfOfBorg

Initiative - (6+4)+2-1=11 if needed.

[edited] OOC: I read right past it suppose.

"You in first, I'll bring up the rear guard in case there are more brood to dispatch," Durgil directs.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Hey Matt,

Daelhun and Lunduf cut the webs last round.. you are free.

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Lunduf

Init  +2
Roll(2d6)+2:5,3,+2Total:10

Lunduf

Finishes dewebbing everyone and then finding no more spiders runs to the hole and hops in to help Dirnhael and Nain.  

Action 1 run to hole

OOC: other actions waiting until I know what I can see down there.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat
Greater Spider attacks Dirnhael TN 13
ACTIONS 3
AC +6, NIM +1, Spec +2, AA -5
Roll(2d6)+4: 3,2,+4 Total:9 FAILED

Gorvorsang casts Holding-spell on Dirnhael TN 10

to be continued...

OOC: Whoops! I thought I had rolled Initiative at the end of Round 4, but I didn't. Sorry.

:arrow: Initiative +2
Roll(2d6)+2:4,1,+2 Total:7

:arrow:  Willpower test against Holding-spell (TN 10)
Willpower +2
Roll(2d6)+2:5,6,+2 Total:13 - SUCCESS
OOC: Woo-hoo! Almost jumped out of my chair when that came up! :D

:arrow: ACTION 1 - Attack Spider (TN 11)
AC (Longsword) plus misc. bonuses +16, -2 Darkness
Total Mods: +14
Roll(2d6)+14:6,6,(2)+14 Total:28 - SUCCESS! Must be my lucky night! :wink:
Potential Damage: Anduring +7, Strength +1
Roll(2d6)+8:1,5,+8 Total:14

:arrow: ACTION 2 - Attack Spider (TN 11)
AC (Longsword) plus misc. bonuses +16, -2 Darkness
Total Mods: +14
Roll(2d6)+14:1,1,+14 Total:16 - SUCCESS. I take that back...
Potential Damage: Anduring +7, Strength +1
Roll(2d6)+8:6,1,+8 Total:15

OOC: I'm going to wait and see what happens and keep my third action in reserve for now.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:arrow: OOC:

Hey Shawn, I am sorry but that TN 10 was what I needed to roll to pass the test, not necessarily what you needed to save at. I hadn't finished my post, so you may need to make some adjustments to yours to accomadate these new numbers... sorry. Keep reading below and you will get my results and compare them to your rolls made. Feel free to change what you need or add courage if you want. :(

Greater Spider parries Nain TN 15 and 17
ACTIONS 1 & 2
AC +6, NIM +1, Spec +2
Roll(2d6)+9: 3,5,+9 Total:17 SUCCESS
Roll(2d6)+9: 2,1,+9 Total:12 FAILED
Damage: 13-2=11

Greater Spider attacks Dirnhael TN 13
ACTIONS 3
AC +6, NIM +1, Spec +2, AA -5
Roll(2d6)+4: 3,2,+4 Total:9 FAILED

Gorvorsang casts Holding-spell on Dirnhael TN 12
Willpower +4
Roll(2d6)+4: 1,2,+4 Total:7 FAILED -- Never mind Shawn!  :lol:

The Greater Giant Spider cannot defend against the attacks made (TN 28 and 16) and so both are hits:

29 Damage -4 Armour = 25 points - Kills the beast!

Daelhun looked over the carnage they had brought to their enemies, it made him happy to have survived, and suffering only a few wounds.
"Our friends need our help..." again his voice was weak, but he would not let his fear prevent him from helping those that were inside the hole.
"You in first, I'll bring up the rear guard in case there are more brood to dispatch," Durgil directed.

Daelhun took a step forward; the first one was always the most difficult. Then he took another step, his hands gripped the handle of his sword, his palms were sweaty as he descended into the bowels of the earth. Finally after the initial fear his feet carried him at a much quicker pace deeper and deeper into the hole. Behind him Fengel and Lûnduf followed, both ready for anything that may come from the darkness. Edrahil and Durgil still stood on the lip of the pit watching as their friends entered into the darkness - the elf in no state to help and the Dúnadan not wishing to leave him alone.

The trio walked back into the darkness and saw a great black shape that was backlit by the soft glow of a lantern and the gleam of Dirnhael's sword. Both Nain and the fighting man were busy with the spider and its attention was solely on them. Beyond the combatants, could be felt another presence, this one much nastier than any had felt before. Then as quick as a flash, Anduring could be seen streak throught the darkness striking the huge creature in its vitals. The spider lifted itself weakly to try and move away, but then fell to the cave floor and gave a last shudder as it died. With it dead, the two comrades turned to face the behemoth coming up the passage, but also began to maneuver around the corpse to escape.

The great spider-wraith knew its magic had failed again and she watched as another of her brood slowly succumbed to the wicked stings of the two-legs. It was not caring that drove her forward, but pure hatred, not for the harm being caused to her children but the sheer hatred of the beings that were slowly killing her progeny.

Gorvorsang lunged forward, her foul reeking body barely fitting through the tight confines of the passageway. She would kill them... kill them all.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]