• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - The Interregnum

Started by Eclecticon, Mar 02, 2024, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Wow! Thanks, Tom. That is a really great gift.

She slips it on her hand before the hall.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Mar 12, 2024, 04:02 PM #31 Last Edit: Mar 12, 2024, 05:19 PM by Eclecticon
Instantly, Luindîs is on her feet and cheering with all her might as she waves a mead-horn in the air.  Not a moment later, the rest of the hall erupts in cheering and applause.  Arbogast, weary from his day labouring to carry stones for a new forge, is likewise joyous, and beats his hand against the table until the trenchers and bowls threaten to rattle all the way to the floor.  Great has gown the legend of Hathcyn Longspear, who won with great deeds forgiveness for his kinslaying, and it will be said by Men in days to come that no finer host was there west of Dale. 

Nor indeed will it be said that there is a hall wherein any traveller was better able to set aside his cares, for here would come all those who sought the Fellowship of the Helm, and warriors who sought to join them, and healers to tend their wounds, and messengers of all sizes and shapes to carry their missives across the length and breadth of Wilderland.  If a body were not to find safe haven at the Fox's Tale, it will be said, then no safety is to be found anywhere in Middle-Earth. 

So it was, in those days, as the darkness began to deepen. 

Quote from: Telcontar on Mar 12, 2024, 01:57 AM:ooc:
Visit the Treasury: Return the Armor with 2 Qualities to the Armory. 1 will go into the new armor, the second into the helm. Standing increase.
I think this matches with the story as it developed over the last chapter and the direction of the narrative.
:ooc: Grrrr.  Mate, did I say you could take an extra undertaking?  I don't believe I did, but FINE.  Given that a) the above is really cool and I don't want to discourage people from writing great narrative and b) it makes sense for Hathcyn to be able to do multiple things in his own home, I'll let it slide.  Same for Esgalwen.  Make a note, though - to keep things fair, they'll only get a single Undertaking each during the end of the year, when everyone else is getting two. 

Hathcyn's Standing increases by one point - I believe to five?  He is now accounted a thegn equal in stature to the head of a large and prosperous clan and respected as an equal by those who give Grimbeorn their banners and counsel.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Mar 12, 2024, 05:40 PM #32 Last Edit: Mar 12, 2024, 05:43 PM by Telcontar
 :ooc: should be four. I bumped it up on the pc sheet when I was reorganizing.

Lol, sorry Paul I got carried away. I guess the courtesy skill bump is showing....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: Four it is, then.  Hathcyn's fame is spreading, but he's still thought of as an upstart among the more established Beorning thegns (though they'll happily accept him fighting in the shieldwall at their sides!). 

Also, if you have a different picture of what the Fox's Tale looks like, feel free to substitute it. 

New chapter in 5... 4...

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: so did we do the sanctuary opening or not? I wasnt sure if we spent the undertaking on that, but that is where I would have gotten two from so I guess yes. Also need the juicy details on the helm.

Upstart yes, but no one will argue against the Beer.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Esgalwen doesn't need two Undertakings this Fellowship. If she cannot do the Receive Title until the end of the year, she can just do the Open Sanctuary undertaking with everyone else.

No bigs.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Mar 13, 2024, 09:24 PM #36 Last Edit: Mar 14, 2024, 02:48 AM by Eclecticon
Quote from: Telcontar on Mar 12, 2024, 09:55 PM:ooc: so did we do the sanctuary opening or not? I wasnt sure if we spent the undertaking on that, but that is where I would have gotten two from so I guess yes. Also need the juicy details on the helm.
:ooc: Yes - the Fox's Tale is now a Sanctuary.  In game terms, that gives you a benefit if you go there to try to heal from the Shadow - you get two Craft or Song rolls instead of one.  In slightly metagame terms, the place now enjoys the same sort of plot immunity as a piece of wargear with rewards attached, so it'll always be there unless there's a reasonably clear decision from the group that it ought not be any more.

The deets of the helm are on Hathcyn's character sheet (:csu:) but so everyone else knows, his helm is now Rune-scored.  While wearing it, he ignores the effects of being Weary when rolling for combat tasks (i.e. things other than whacking stuff) and doesn't need to worry about a bout of Madness from rolling an :~~:.

EDIT: Like an eejit, I misunderstood Tom's comment about 'one quality going on the armour'.  He's traded in both the qualities of his old leather armour and has replaced it with the Noble stuff, which apart from being super fancy is perfectly normal 2d armour.

In return, he unlocks the final quality of the Foresthelm: Gleam of Terror.  Any time he makes an Intimidate action, the enemy loses additional Hate points equal to Hathcyn's Valour.  There's also a bright flash from the gem on his forehead.  If he's using an action to do it (i.e. not attacking and using a bonus die) and he rolls a :g: on the Feat die, he can make an immediate attack.

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: let me see if I am tracking:

So the Noble Armor was from the Valour going up.

Undertaking Visit the Treasury
I turned in Leather Armor that was
Close Fighting and Cunning Make

I applied Close Fighting to the new armor and Cunning Make towards the helm to open the last quality.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Yeah, you're not really meant to be able to do that.  You can if you want to - I don't have any issue with it from a power-management perspective, but I think that the assumption in the rules is that you're exchanging like for like (a sword for an enchanted sword, f'rex) so you'll be wanting to activate as many qualities in the new piece of kit as possible.  If you want to do this, his helm is of Ancient Cunning Make and Rune-Scored, but doesn't have the Gleam of Terror (yet).   

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: No - visiting the armory and replacing an item gets you can activate an equal number of Qualities on a different magical piece of war gear. It doesn't have to be like-for-like.