• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:19 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Judgement of the Skinchanger

Started by Eclecticon, Nov 10, 2022, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 21, 2022, 07:39 AM #30 Last Edit: Nov 22, 2022, 09:37 AM by tomcat
"I will aid you in this task, Hathcyn, so as when I face his son once more, I can let him know that his father passed, blessed by the Powers, and that his noble place is marked until the world's unmaking. I can look at him and let him know that in the end, his father faced his judgement standing and that he had with him boon companions... of his son."

Esgalwen stood, tears in her eyes and she muttered, "What have I witnessed?" Her mind still trying to grasp the breadth of what she had seen. For not since the breaking of Thangorodrim had a mortal man - or woman - witnessed any of the Valar, unless one were to include Sauron the Fallen. Only by messenger, whether that be eagle or elf, or through prophecies uttered by holy men, had the Powers made their presence known.

Even as she worked through the vision in her mind, Esgalwen set herself to the task of looking for and collecting large stones. The cairn they built would be tall and broad, like the man it covered, and it would be a warning to his foes and a place of contemplation for those that loved him.

Once home to Rhosgobel, Esgalwen promised herself that she would send word north to Erebor, to Rorin, and beseech upon him to have made a marker and once done, she and any who would, shall return here to set it upon Beorn's cairn.

She worked quietly, sobbing in silence for the man lost and the son who could only guess at this journey's purpose. Though bone-weary, Esgalwen did not stop until the task was done.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]