• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:51 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Swamp Spiders - Round 2

Started by Eclecticon, Jul 12, 2022, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Jul 13, 2022, 12:32 AM #15 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022, 12:37 AM by Telcontar
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 12, 2022, 07:47 PM:ooc: Per the Core rules:

As long as a hero is Weary, all the Success dice he rolls for any test that end up giving a result of 1, 2 or 3 (the outlined numbers) are considered to have rolled a 0 instead.

I think I agree it is about armor and it should not be affected, but then again, is it about armor or being able to also dodge?

Also bulk of armor is factored into your fatigue rating which is what made you weary in the first place. So its not that it has no effect, I just think the dice themsleves shouldnt be treated as a skill check.

This is what I disagree with and why I asked. I can see any modifiers from Body lost due to weariness but why would the d6s in the protection test be less effective. They are based on the type of armor not the person wearing it. A body 3 person and a body 8 person receive the same protection dice from armor so its not agility. Why loose it when weary? This may be a mechanical effect of spiraling into death and defeat, but this rule as written makes no sense to me.

Also the weight is factored into the fatigue threshold which got you weary to begin with why is it effecting the quality or protective qualities of the armor.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Jul 13, 2022, 04:55 AM #16 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022, 05:00 AM by tomcat
:ooc: I agree, Tom... I just posted the RAW so we could see it as stated and make our ruling.

Paul - no, Skirmisher is not diminished in combat as long as she is in a combat stance. Her Shadow-bane trait is the one I was talking about, as it is only useful against creatures of Shadow. That was my question before - are Spiders considered creatures of Shadow?

[EDIT] Here is the answer per the book (I guess I should have gone here first) ;D

Shadow Bane
Your folk have suffered grievous losses during many wars against the Shadow. Even the passing of centuries cannot quell the bitter hate that your kindred harbour for the Enemy.

When you are fighting in a Forward stance (see page 172) against servants of the Shadow (including Spiders, Orcs, Trolls and Evil Men), add one Success die to all your attack rolls (up to a maximum of 6).

I am not going to worry about my total flubs in the last round, but I am going to roll the die for this round to see if it makes any difference.

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Jul 13, 2022, 12:04 PM #18 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2022, 12:09 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Neither it is.  Sorry Doug - I've been a bit distracted.  Take three Endurance out of petty cash.   

EDIT: Also, that four absolutely brings her total up to 10, which is all she needed to hit, and kill, the greenish spider.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Oh wow! It does. I guess I need to brush up my math skills, too. ;D

I will return her to her current END level.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Already done (at least in the OP). 

Matt, I'm going to go with Grimbeorn not spending Hope, just to keep the game rocking along. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Spider flesh parts neatly before the keen edge of Nimronyn, ichor and greenish-grey guts spilling onto the sodden soil.  As the now-dead spider's more russet companion turns to face this new threat, a whistling hiss issuing from its mouth, Grimbeorn swings at the injured beast before him, serving only to make it dart away and then back.  The crunch and slurp as Hathcyn withdraws his spear from the transfixed flesh of the spider before him masks the soft sound of tearing silk as, with a roar of effort muffled by his own shield, Arbogast flexes weary arms and tears free from the strands that half-cocoon him. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Sorry, yes... work is kicking my ass lately, can't even think straight
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16