• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Calm, Stale Air

Started by Eclecticon, Mar 12, 2022, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: This is the thread for anyone interested in searching the bone hole for more treasure.  If nobody wants to, I'll delete it and move on. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Hathcyn handed the gem to the Firewatcher.

"This fell beast is slain and not since the death of Smaug has such a victory been won against the creatures of the deep. I see no reason to not try my hand in the search below. Some thing of worth may lie below and has lain there long waiting for my hand. If I am might to find it I shall, if not then that is my fate as well"

Hathcyn made his way back into the bone yard.

Search Roll
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Oh for crying out loud.....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn follows his friend in, no one should go alone.  Not to mention, one such gem may not be enough as an enticement for the spider-folk.

:ooc:
Search -  1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I'll use a Hope because the altruistic nature of his search.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

:ooc: Right, I'm going to say that Hathcyn needs a Corruption roll as frustration and the slowly-growing blight of this place take their toll on him:

Wisdom (TN 18)
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 3, 1, 5, total 13

Grimbeorn also gets a roll of the Feat die for special treasure, as previously described:
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: That's a point of Shadow for Hathcyn (:csu:) and 1d3 points of treasure turned up by Grimbeorn:
:00: 1d3 : 2, total 2

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Long do the aethling and his sworn man search the pit of jagged, shattered bones, sweat and smoke stinging their eyes, their breath rasping in the calm, stale air.  Little does it avail them, however, for when they make their tired way up the tunnel to the thorn-barred cellar where their companions wait, only a bare handful of broken silver buckles and cloak-pins do they bear with them. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Ooc: could have been worse. Throwing around words like 'hoard' and 'treasure'

"It appears that fortune was with us the first time and now we are pressing our luck. I no longer wish to tarry here, we should make for the surface."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Oh bloody hell, this is what supporting your friend looks like?
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

With Hathcyn's stated desire to leave, Esgalwen hauls herself to her feet and sheaths the still bare Nimronyn. She looks at the few baubles that were found and shakes her head at the reward for their efforts. "It is clear that the denizens of this ancient place either took all they had when they abandoned it, or it has been picked clean by those that now call it home. Either way, it is one that I will be glad to leave behind."

It was not like the abandoned locations of her people - where the great stoneworks were still evident, though grass and vine might now adorn them. Even in the north, across the mountains, she heard tales of the great cities that still stood, though in ruin, of her northern kin - the sons of Elendil. The works of Gondor and Arnor, and the Númenóreans before them, still had the power to fill a person with wonder and awe, but this place was like a forgotten land. As if those that once resided here moved on and left little in the way of their story and culture.

It was sad to Esgalwen.

How could a people allow themselves to be forgotten? Certainly there had to have once been great tales of their heroes? Yes - she knew the stories of Eorl the Young, and his ride to aid Gondor in its time of need, and yes, those people were now the Rohirrim - true and proud. But this place... it was like a forgotten memory of which no one wanted to be reminded.

It was sad.

"Come, let us go from here."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"I agree, nothing more will suffice.  Esgalwen, will you take these and bear them to their rightful people in the south?  They are not but trifles of long lost ancestors but there is memory in them and they should not be forgotten once found.  They may yet find a place of honor amongst the treasures of old of the Rohirrim."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Esgalwen looked at Grimbeorn and smiled - it was as if the young bear had read her thoughts. "I will see them to their people when it comes time that I should be going back south."

Taking the few items, the Ranger opened her pouch that hung off her hip and placed them gingerly within. She tied back down the flap and then looked to the tunnel that led them up. Without another word, she began to climb.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"Let us leave this place. A strange turn of events lead us here, and let them lie forgotten once more."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: Nice work, guys.  I think we can end the adventure here and move on to a brief Fellowship Phase.

Character sheet