• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

A Deadly Confusion - Round 1

Started by Eclecticon, Sep 29, 2021, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Sep 29, 2021, 08:27 PM Last Edit: Sep 30, 2021, 05:21 PM by Eclecticon
Situation: The Fellowship, along with a host of Woodmen, is confronting a band of many score goblins, and must win through to move on to Black Tarn Hall.

Combat Advantage dice:
• Esgalwen 0/0
• Grimbeorn 1/2
• Hathcyn 1/1

Situation Modifiers:
• The companions have the initiative.   

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• The Woodmen, and the companions, have spread out and the goblins are in amongst their line.  Until the Woodmen can consolidate, nobody can enter a Rearward stance. 
• The forest goblins are as adept as the Woodmen at making use of the forest terrain to protect themselves and confuse their enemies.  All goblins' Parry scores are doubled. 

PC/NPC  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :vv:HOPE  :<3:END  :-X-:STANCE  :##:STATUS
Esgalwen
Grimbeorn
Hathcyn
• 4 (:<|: +4)
• 1d (:C|: n/a)
• 2d (:C|: n/a)
• 2d (:C|: n/a)
• 11/14
• 8/12
• 5/13
• 27/27
• 31/31
• 23/29
Forward (+3 Parry)
Forward
Forward
normal
normal
normal

ENEMY  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :@:HATE  :<3:END  :csu:NOTES
Scar-faced goblin
Leather-masked goblin
Hairless goblin
One-eyed goblin
Sharp-toothed goblin
Leather-helmed goblin
Shrieking goblin
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2/2
• 1/2
• 0/2
• 0/2
• 1/2
• 2/2
• 0/2
• 1/10
• 10/10
• 0/10
• 0/10
• 10/10
• 10/10
• 0/10
vs Esgalwen
vs Esgalwen
Dead
Dead
vs Hathcyn
vs Hathcyn
Dead

STANCES
:-X-:Forward
- action order 1

Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward
Maneuvers
:-->:Open
- action order 2

Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open
Maneuvers
:<|:Defensive
- action order 3

Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive
Maneuvers
:<->:Rearward
- action order 4

Ranged combat
TN 12+ parry
Must be 2 other PC's
in Close Combat; May not
use if outnumbered 2:1

Rearward
Maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance

Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level of opponents Athletics roll.
On success, may safely flee from the scene of combat
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Stances have been assigned semi-arbitrarily based on your narration immediately before combat started. 

Would you also mind checking your Hope, please?  I think some expenditures have somehow been made and not recorded on character sheets. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

The ram horn of the mountain fell to Hathcyn's side as he released it to grip his long spear.

"Fight through to the camp of the Chieftains! This is but a screen to waylay us!"

Carrying the spear low and in both hands the Longspear squared off against his foes. Always at Grimbeorns side he kept foes from flanking his chieftain while his great axe went to work.

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Rolled 4d6 : 1, 5, 6, 6, total 18
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: Eclecticon on Sep 29, 2021, 08:29 PM:ooc: Stances have been assigned semi-arbitrarily based on your narration immediately before combat started. 

Would you also mind checking your Hope, please?  I think some expenditures have somehow been made and not recorded on character sheets.

:ooc: I have Esgalwen's Hope score at 11/14 on my sheet and I am more careful with that score than any other on her. As a Dúnadan, she con only recover :vv: if her Fellowship Focus goes unscathed, otherwise she has to spend points on Confidence again (which would be her last opportunity). So not sure where you get 10. I know I have written in my posts that I would use a :vv: if needed, but the only one I think I used was with Saruman.

My $OO auditing...  ;)

Esgalwen will move to Forward as the goblins drop in around her and she will draw her sword and attack (narrative to follow). These are 1-handed attacks, as I am assuming her bow is in her off-hand, right now. My Parry is increased by +3 and I gain one success die when in Forward stance against shadow creatures. My Bane weapon reduces its Edge by my Valour rating instead of my Superior Keen rating*.

TN 12 longsword 5d
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 5d6 : 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, total 18

:dmg: 9   edge: 6*   injury: 16
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Fuckin' ridiculous... still an 18 success for 9 :<3: loss.

Around her and among her fellow archers, goblins dropped from the trees like the strange creatures Esgalwen had her tell of in the southlands - called monkeys.

Her bow in her left hand, Esgalwen quickly drew Nimronyn and stepped into a goblin's defense, even as it righted itself from its drop. She stabbed deep into the creature, but it reacted quicker than she expected and did not perish.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn smashes forward into the fray, plowing a path for those behind.  Two orcs block his path and he aims to remove the impediment swiftly.

Stance: Forward
Action: Sweeping Blow (-2d), +1 Advantage die

:00:
Axes -  1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 3, 6, 4, total 16

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Purely for my own amusement, here's some Protection rolls (TN 18) for the goblins:

Hairless goblin
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

One-eyed goblin
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Barrelling forward, Grimbeorn smashes a goblin aside with his shield, letting Hathcyn run it through as it falls to the loamy earth.  He brings Bear Claw across in a swift arc, striking off the hairless and glistening head of one creature and leaving a second gaping at the steel blade buried in the ruin of its chest. 

Pulling his spear free from the fresh-made corpse, Hathcyn flashes a grin at several nearby Woodmen who stand agape at this display of martial prowess.  There is no time for the black jest he thinks of, though, before new foes assail them. 

:ooc: The goblins respond!  The leather-helmed goblin will switch to attacking Grimbeorn. 

Scar-faced goblin (TN12)
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6+2 : 3, 2 + 2, total 7

Leather-masked goblin (TN12)
Rolled 2d6+2 : 6, 1 + 2, total 9

Sharp-toothed goblin (TN13)
Rolled 2d6+2 : 4, 5 + 2, total 11

Leather-helmed goblin (TN14)
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 1 + 2, total 5

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Her sword momentarily held in a goblin's ribs, Esgalwen is forced to stumble back from a second goblin's stone spear, her head striking a low-hanging bough hard as she does so.  Hathcyn too finds himself hard-pressed, his foe slipping inside the length of his spear and driving its own at his belly.  He avoids the strike with an uncomfortable twist, but feels the head tear his cloak. 

:ooc: Both successful attackers will spend a Hate point to use their Horrible Strength, for a total loss of 8 Endurance for Esgalwen and 6 for Hathcyn.

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Just an FYI, Esgalwen was missed. Her TN is 15 due to her skirmisher trait

Eclecticon

:ooc: Fixed, and noted for future reference.  This is what I get for trying to GM in a hurry.

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: I have been very conservative with Hope but I havent been keeping track. I'll have to go back through the threads.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18