• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:26 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

A House Between the Halls

Started by Eclecticon, Aug 09, 2021, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: oh man saruman the white when he wasnt a dick. Well played.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: I was about to chime in with the same.  ;D

The only cooperative benefits I see in the rules are when you either give away an advantage die, or during prolonged actions.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

"Oh!" said Esgalwen, as she started at the presence of both wizards. "Master Radagast... and I am sorry, father, but I do not know you, though my mind guesses at an answer."

She had never seen or met the White Wizard, but there were many tales in Minas Tirith of the wise man that lived within the ancient Númenórean tower of Orthanc. Though the shade of dusk had settled over all, it was clear by his bright raiment and companion that he was Saruman.

With the relief of knowing the children were safe, Esgalwen turned back to the house and then to the children, "Are your parents and kin within the house?" With the nod of the small faces, she said grimly, "I must away. There are goblins, or orcs, that need tended to."

Nimronyn slid from its sheath and glinted in the light of Saruman's staff. The sword would run with black blood this night.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Hathcyn slide down there roof to Grimbeorn.

"There are eight if them, and people inside. We'll have to rush them."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright, when we find Esgalwen, we make our way from as many entrances as we can to surround and cut off their escape.  Our priority is the people within," he says, shrugging off the axe from his back with an odd relish to its weight in his hands.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Hathcyn will make a rough sketch of what he saw in the hall.

:ooc: Is the recon bonus dice worthy?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: How about we say that anyone who wants to can take a free auto-success at the upcoming Battle roll,for a single bonus die?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Aug 18, 2021, 06:32 AM #22 Last Edit: Aug 18, 2021, 06:34 AM by tomcat
The two Beornings were startled, of a sudden, when they realized that Esgalwen was standing near them in the shadows, her sword in hand and a grim look upon her face.

"I have discovered the whereabouts of the children of this house and they are safe," she whispered. "I also bring news of allies - Radagast and his companion, Saruman, lay hidden in yonder glade of trees." She gestured from whence she had just come.

Hathcyn quickly reveals his own findings and the trio make their plan. Esgalwen suggests a two-pronged attack - the men should open the main door with loud challenges and war-cries, while she sneaks to the opposite door and takes the enemy from behind with either sword or arrows.

:ooc: I will take the free advantage die from above, as I feel the dice will let me down this time after my two :g: 's.

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn nods in agreement, the sooner its over the better.  He is ready to breach.

:00:
Battle -  1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 1, 3, total 7
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: "Right, men.  Breach, bang and clear, like the White Council did at Dol Guldur!" 

Less facetiously, I'll do a Battle roll for Tom since he hasn't responded yet: 

:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 4, 6, total 16

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Looks like he's come up with some ideas from his recon! 

EDIT:  :csu:

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Aug 18, 2021, 09:23 PM #26 Last Edit: Aug 18, 2021, 09:28 PM by Eclecticon
Grimbeorn and Hathcyn wait, silently counting, as Esgalwen goes on silent feet to the opposite end of the hall.  Slightly before Hathcyn reckons she would arrive, Grimbeorn's patience ends and the door bursts inwards beneath the impact of his boot with a resounding crash.  The two Men have just enough time to see one goblin spit soup in the face of another before they rush inward, bellowing the war cries of their ancestors.

Character sheet