• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:05 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Round 1 - Wight combat

Started by tomcat, Jan 04, 2006, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 04, 2006, 07:21 PM Last Edit: Jan 04, 2006, 07:36 PM by tomcat
Description: The Elves have encountered two Wights within the barrow, they are Defence 11; both Elves are trying to flee the barrow and though they are Unmanned, I will still allow actions at a -7 penalty to any test (not including initiative); the exit from the barrow is 30' away down the passage

Physical Modifiers: No physical modifiers due to Edrahil's spell

Situational Modifiers: Edrahil is Unmanned -7, Seriand is Unmanned -7

Initiative*:
Edrahil - 10
Wights - 10
Seriand - ??

Due to surprise (and keeping with my story line from the last post), I am going to give the one wight the surprise Unarmed attack into Seriand.

*Remember to roll your next round's initiative at the end of your posts

Wight 1 attacks Seriand TN 13
ACTION 1
Unarmed Combat +6

Roll(2d6)+6: 3,5,+6 Total:14 SUCCESS - if not Dodged (or defended against in another manner), Seriand will be grappled and knocked off his feet; he will then be exposed to the Wights Icy Touch (below):

Seriand loses 2 temporary points of Strenght and Vitality

Wight 2 will spend this rounds actions hauling himself up out of the hole.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

The chill that ran down Seriands spine was unlike anything he had experienced before, and he hoped unlike anything he would experience again!  He could feel his palms get sweaty and his knees grow slightly weak as his eyes darted about the tomb.  "This is bad...very bad..."

Just as he spoke the wight attacked him and Seriand tried his best to repel the attack...

Roll(2d6)+1:  2,4,+1 Total:7  FAILURE

tomcat

Jan 05, 2006, 06:18 AM #2 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2006, 12:05 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Wiseman on Jan 04, 2006, 08:16 PMRoll(2d6)+1:  2,4,+1 Total:7  FAILURE

OOC: I am going to make the assumption that the above rolled number is an Armed Combat test to try to stave off the wights charge, let me know if I am wrong in this. If this is the case, the actual roll would look like this (and if you guys could continue to give me your rolls in this manner, that would be awesome - formatting I don't care so much about as where you derive your dice modifiers):

ACTION 1 - Armed Combat TN 14
Armed Combat +8, Specialty +2, Fear -7 = +3
Roll(2d6)+3:  2,4,+3 Total: 9  FAILURE (2 points doesn't make that much of a difference except to put it in closer to a succes using Courage)

The horrid face of the wight loomed over Seriand as he was driven to the tomb's floor, its dry leathery skin drawn tight over its skull causing the dead face to seem to be perpetually smiling. Dead Men and their ghosts held no fear for the Elves, but the unnatural fell-spirits that inhabited these bodies caused Seriand's heart to race.

Edrahil shouted out in shock as the shadow enveloped Seriand, tackling him to the ground. The dark shape that scramled from the hole behind the mage was forgotten for the moment as he knew he must aid his comrade. Edrahil at once regretted not having any weapons, but still his arcane might was nothing to scoff at. He would show the foul spirits their folly.

OOC: Gonna try this but it may be futile...
ACTION 1
Cast Wizard's Fist TN 12
Willpower +6, The Art +2, Fear -7, Active Spell -3 = -2
Roll(2d6)-2: 4,5,-2 Total:7 (2 Courage) SUCCESS ... I have to determine how the mechanics of Wizard's Fist work (I don't have my FotR sourcebook with me so I must go to the Decipher forums for info, other wise it will be tonight)

Got it! I was wise enough to put the Wizard's Fist spell effects on our House Rules thread seeing as I don't have FotRSB in PDF. ;D

Okay continuing Edrahil's second action... he is going to wrench the wight off of Seriand (Str v. Str test - Reaction test No Action cost) and throw him into the back wall of the crypt:

Edrahil's Str 25 (+9) with spell effect:        vs.        Wight's Str 12 (+3)
Roll(2d6)+2: 6,2,+2 Total:10                   Roll(2d6)+3: 4,1,+3Total:8

Seriand is freed from the wight, now Action 2 for Edrahil

ACTION 2 - hurl wight against the wall
Damage to Wight: Roll(1d6)+9: 3,+9 Total:12[/color]
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

OOC: Sorry bout that, been awhile and it seems I forgot how to do thangs right :)

Should have been an AC attack and yes you were right, should have been +3.