• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:14 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

A Morning Council

Started by Eclecticon, Jan 24, 2021, 04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

Hathcyn stroked his beard and his mind wandered. Then after a time he spoke.

"Perhaps we are traveling too far afield. Why was the toll house of all places being attacked? If the wraiths were brought into the storage warehouse then why were they not sent to kill the Prince. If armed men were in the town to do that then why use the wraiths at all if they were not to be used in the main attack?

Let us say that the enemy had an objective in mind. An unknown objective. Common sense tells us that you use the strongest tool for the most important task. Why waste the wraiths on toll collectors if your object is the death of an elven prince? No, I think that he was not the target at all. If the Lord of Sunstead is behind this and he is acting on his own or his strings are being pulled by another assassination isnt in his nature. Wealth however is, therefore it leads me to believe that the true attack was the one we found at the tollhouse. There is some item or object there that he desires mightily and believed no living servant could retrieve it. Base theft alone was not possible or inadequate.

The source of origin for the wraiths is interesting, but of little value as to the why. The paths beneath the town may show us the how, but will not allow us to determine the motivation of our foe. Knowing what it is they seek and why is the real task and for that the tollhouse should have our answer."

Taking his mug from the table he downed his drink and set upon the fish prepared for breakfast.

"This town is in need of more pork, I'm growing tired of fish for all meals."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Feb 05, 2021, 08:59 AM #16 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2021, 03:51 AM by tomcat
Esgalwen looked to Arbogast and she met his eyes with a nod.

"It is no wonder that Grimbeorn keeps you near besides just to hold his banner," the Lady Ranger giggled at her comment. Her smile did not leave her face, but she became serious once more, "I say we see to these tollhouses after we finish this meal. Perhaps Grimbeorn can see to it that the Master of this town gives us permit to investigate further."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"Official sanction to investigate would be most helpful, both for the tollhouse and where it might lead us."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"Proceed as if you do and I will bring it before the council," said Grimbeorn.  "I would rather seek forgiveness than be too late in stemming another attack waiting for the politics to agree."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Arbogast gives Hathcyn a sceptical look.  "I have always considered the Enemy to be beyond concern for wealth as Men measure it.  What treasure would be so great as to move Mordor to trouble a land so distant?" 

Beside him, unnoticed, Laeral's face goes pale. 

"But if you are right, then the Master of the Town has jurisdiction over the Tollhouse.  If we are to seek permission, we need treat only with him."  He looks then at Grimbeorn.  "And we know well where he will be." 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

"Perhaps they have something they dont understand hoarded away. Maybe something of the dragon's. We also know Ceawin is greedy and could be manipulated through that greed. Either way, pathways under the town and the shore wont be going away. If I am wrong then all we have lost is time. If I am right we need to find what it is and get an idea of what they are trying to do and why. Before it is taken."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

"That is good sense," Arbogast agrees. 

Laeral, meanwhile, has risen and is pacing the boards of the warehouse.  "I agree," she says, her voice forceful.  "We must know what they sought, and we must learn it quickly lest the Enemy gain something that will place them beyond the ability of the Free Peoples to withstand." 

Character sheet

Telcontar

"Wolfslayer, let us go with you to the council and seek the Master of Laketown. With his warrant we may go where we need to and explore what we must. We can say that outsiders may have a clearer eye. This will also be of use of we decide to search beneath the town. So let us secure as general a warrant as we can."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: Good stuff, guys.  I'll get a new thread up as soon as I can, work and family permitting.

Character sheet