• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:45 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Goblin Feast Hall - Round 4

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2020, 05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 28, 2020, 05:19 AM Last Edit: Jun 29, 2020, 11:00 AM by tomcat
Situation: Now out of their shock from the presence of Men and an Elf, the goblins reach for their weapons and shields and cry out in anger.

Combat Advantage dice:
• Arbogast 0/3 [automatic]
• Grimbeorn 0/3 [automatic]
• Hathcyn 0/3 [automatic]
• Laeral 1/3 [automatic]

Situation Modifiers:
• The companions have the initiative.

Physical Modifiers (complications):
• The Feast Hall chamber is well lit.

PC/NPC  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :vv:HOPE  :<3:END  :-X-:STANCE  :##:STATUS
Arbogast
Grimbeorn
Hathcyn
Laeral
• 6 (:<|: +3)
• 4 (:<|: +4)
• 2d (:C|: +3)
• 2d (:C|: n/a)
• 2d (:C|: n/a)
• 3d (:C|: n/a)
• 15/16
• 8/12
• 10/13
• 12/12
• 6/26
• 8/31
• 17/29
• 0/28
:<|:
:zz:
normal
normal
:^^:

ENEMY  :+~:PARRY  :<>:ARMOUR  :@:HATE  :<3:END  :csu:NOTES
Goblin Chief
Goblin 1
Goblin 2
Goblin 3
Goblin 4
Goblin 5
Goblin 6
Goblin 7
Goblin 8
Goblin 9
Goblin 10
Goblin 11
Goblin 12
Goblin 13
Uruk leader
Uruk Soldier
• 4+3 :<|:
• 3+1 :<|:
• 5+2 :<|: 
• 5+2 :<|:
• 3d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
• 2d
2d
2d
2d
2d
2d
2d
• 3d
2d
• 5/5
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 1/1
• 3/3
• 3/3
• 3/3
• 2/3
• 2/3
• 3/3
• 6/8
• 4/4
• 0/20
• 8/8
• 0/8
• 0/8
• 0/8
• 8/8
• 8/8
• 8/8
• 0/16
• 0/16
• 16/16
• 0/16
• 6/16
• 0/16
• 48/48
• 21/26
:x:
archer
archer
archer
v Hathcyn
v Arbogast
v Grimbeorn
v Arbogast
*Laeral's owl's affect on harrying foes

STANCES
:-X-:Forward
- action order 1

Close combat
TN 6+ parry
Forward
Maneuvers
:-->:Open
- action order 2

Close combat
TN 9+ parry
Open
Maneuvers
:<|:Defensive
- action order 3

Close combat
TN 12+ parry
Defensive
Maneuvers
:<->:Rearward
- action order 4

Ranged combat
TN 12+ parry
Must be 2 other PC's
in Close Combat; May not
use if outnumbered 2:1

Rearward
Maneuvers
:<>:From any Stance

Escape combat
Must start in Rearward or roll
TN 10 + highest attribute level of opponents Athletics roll.
On success, may safely flee from the scene of combat
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: GM Insight:

With the present tactical situation, it might be wise that you guys escape combat. I am not saying you guys don't have the skills to take these remaining Uruks/goblins down, but you are running out of :<3: and Arbogast's enhearten inspiration that removed the effects of weariness for two rounds ends at the end of this round and once done, all three remaining PC's will suffer the :zz: condition.

If you guys choose to Escape Combat, the Athletic TN's needed are:

TN 16 for Grimbeorn
TN 15 for Arbogast
TN 14 for Hathcyn

You guys have plenty of Advantage dice left to see it through.

I will allow that Grimbeorn scoops up Laeral's limp form as you run. I will determine what the orcs do from there, of course, but at least you guys will have the narrows of the passages on your side which will only allow 2 enemies to approach at once, if they give chase.

I will see what you guys do.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn sees the elf go down, blade for blade with the orc she battled.  He realizes they had pushed their luck too far this time. "Out.. now!" he commands.  The Beorning slings his axe to his back, grabs up the lithe figure, and hunches into a protective  stance to enable his companions to grab her weapon and pass.

He gives the mighty orc one last furious look as if to say, "You will see me again."

:ooc:
Grimbeorn is not affected by Weariness during combat.  He will remain defensive and give all to protection and fending off attacks.

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Matt, I do need the Athletics roll to Escape Combat so I will roll that for Grimbeorn now...

TN 16 athletics 3d
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 3, 6, total 14

tomcat

:ooc: An :~~: !!

Still, Grimbeorn uses his last advantage die.

Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

tomcat

:ooc:  :%: Success!

Remember, Hathcyn is able to give his advantage dice to other in need.

Telcontar

:ooc: I thought the Beornings were immune to fatigue when in battle, or an I miss remembering that.

Hathcyn will do what he can so that Grimbeorn lives.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Correct - Matt let me know that above. I still need Athletics tests from everyone if they are going to Escape Combat. Since you say you are doing what needs done to protect Grimbeorn, I will roll the remaining two Athletics tests.

Hathcyn and Arbogast rolls to escape combat:
TN 15 (Arbogast) & 14 (Hathcyn) Athletics by PC
:00: Arbogast 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4

:00: Hathcyn 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

tomcat

:ooc: Wow... that sucks.

Arbogast will roll his last advantage die and use a :vv: at need
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

Hathcyn will roll two of his advantage dice and the last at need.
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

tomcat

:ooc: Our final result is

• Arbogast with an 11
• Hathcyn with a 10

Hathcyn will give his last advantage die to Arbogast and he himself will spend a :vv: for success.
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

tomcat

:ooc: Arbogast cannot get out even if he uses a :vv: .

The orcs will get an attack on him.

tomcat

Jun 29, 2020, 07:14 AM #11 Last Edit: Jun 29, 2020, 07:19 AM by tomcat
With the Elf in his arms, Grimbeorn raced into the dark passage from which they had come escaping the combat in the large feast hall. Behind him, Kurgak lifted his dead companions blade - the one that had pierced the Beorning multiple times and he licked up the blade, tasting his enemies blood. The Beorning heard the Uruk cry out, "I KNOW YOU NOW! I WILL SLAY YOU SOON AND WE SHALL FEAST UPON YOUR FALLEN FORM!"

Hathcyn heard the vulgar cry, but drew back from his own opponent to follow his chief away from the large chamber. He paused to see that Arbogast, too, was taking the lead and retreating from the battle. The Wood-man followed, but unfortunately he was unable to move fast enough, being slowed down by the litter of fallen goblins across the cave floor.

Arbogast made it to the passage entrance, but then turned to face his enemies that pursued.

tomcat

:ooc: GOBLINS ATTACK

Though running, I am placing Arbogast in Defensive

TN 21 :+~: by Goblin
:00: Goblin 12 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 2, 1, total 9

:00: Black Uruk 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6+5 : 1, 1 + 5, total 7

Bent Sword
:dmg: 4    edge: 10   injury: 12 (disarm)
Broad-bladed sword
:dmg: 5    edge: 10   injury: 14 (poison)

tomcat

CLUNK! CLUNK!

The cruel sound of heavy strokes of metal weapons clanged against the walls of the cave passage sending slivers of stone in all directions. Still, none found their mark on the Wood-man and he continued to run.

:ooc: I am not going to bother setting up a new round, I am just going to have Arbogast attempt another Escape Combat roll.

TN 15 Athletics 2d
:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9

tomcat

:ooc: I know she is unconscious, but she does have them and I will extend 1 an attempt to Arbogast to Escape
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1