• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:43 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

River's Edge engagement [two] - Round 1

Started by tomcat, Nov 01, 2019, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Feel your pain, only now does the GM realize the effects of his dastardly deeds.  So many, many  :~~: 
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Frantically, Arbogast scrambles to his feet, his task made no easier by the sword blows that hammer down on the Dwarf-wrought iron that reinforced his shield.  His helm has been knocked askew by the orc's first strike, and he doffs it rather than take the time to readjust.  Finally, though, he regains his footing and stands, mud-covered and with blood in his eyes, but with axe and shield at the ready.

:ooc: I don't have access to my books at the moment, but I recall that you can regain a small number of Endurance points by taking an action to remove a helmet during a battle.  Would one of you guys be able to look that up for me, please?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

With a clear target to vent his rage, Grimbeorn swings a mighty blow upon the hapless orc within his reach.

:ooc:
Action: Defensive Fighting (-1d, +2 Parry)
 :00:
Axes -  1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 4d6 : 5, 1, 1, 6, total 13

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Grimbeorn will remain Defensive next round.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Nov 04, 2019, 04:56 PM #19 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 04:59 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Eclecticon on Nov 04, 2019, 12:22 PM:ooc: I don't have access to my books at the moment, but I recall that you can regain a small number of Endurance points by taking an action to remove a helmet during a battle.  Would one of you guys be able to look that up for me, please?

:ooc: You don't gain back Endurance, Paul - a character recovers 3 Fatigue points. So I am not sure it will serve you to remove the helm. It is on page 177.

• Grimbeorn's attack fails.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Esgalwen attacks two-handed...

TN 18 longsword 4d
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 4, 4, 6, total 17

:dmg: 11   edge: 8   injury: 18
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Nov 04, 2019, 05:05 PM #21 Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 10:38 AM by tomcat
Letting her bow fall from her hand, Esgalwen took Nimronyn's hilt in a two-handed grip and swung the blade in a deadly arc. The orc's head was quickly lopped from its body.

:ooc: Esgalwen hits with a 19 :%: success for 17 :<3: loss. [KILL]

Telcontar

OOC: if memory serves removing the helm does not restore endurance. What it does is change your encumbrance to possibly bring you under the threshold of weariness so all your dice count. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Hathcyn released the horn so that it dangled at his side from it's cord. Gripping his great spear he entered the fray. There would have been questionable morality in killing the orc outright back at the last site, but here he let his wrath and hatred of these beasts run its full course.

Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11

Rolled 3d6 : 1, 4, 1, total 6
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

In the mud and the mire, and as a result of his great wounds Hathcyn flailed about more like a wounded boar than a man.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Nov 04, 2019, 04:56 PM:ooc: You don't gain back Endurance, Paul - a character recovers 3 Fatigue points. So I am not sure it will serve you to remove the helm. It is on page 177.

Well, that's what I get for relying on rules I kinda remember.  Thanks for setting me straight, guys. 

Never mind about the mechanics - I'm happy to say that Arbogast spends the round getting back to his feet.  Let's keep this moving. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Yikes! I didn't expect you all to miss as you did! This might be a more dangerous fight than I first thought.