• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:03 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Games - Day 1

Started by tomcat, Jun 06, 2019, 06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Rhosgobel pulls out the win for the best brew judged.

Feel free to end the day with your PC how you want. If you are done, just give me a bump that says so. I will start game day 2.

If this is boring, chime in. (But don't worry, I have other things up my sleeve besides running dice roll brackets.  >:D )
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Jun 11, 2019, 08:16 PM #46 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2019, 05:58 PM by GandalfOfBorg
 :ooc: Who won the log event?  You didn't say that I saw.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'm good.  I think Arbogast and his family have already had the highlight of their day.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: see question above
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Jun 15, 2019, 03:08 AM #49 Last Edit: Jun 15, 2019, 03:13 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Buran won the log toss, Matt. I did a long narrative of the final matches on the previous page.

[EDIT] I never rolled the final on the log split! Sorry guys. Give me a few and I will get it posted.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: This question was posed earlier - does anyone want to throw in a :vv: to help the Sunsteader? Or the Toft-man?

tomcat

:ooc: Okay this is the last contest for this game day with the log splitters. Sorry I left this crucial one out!  (-D

It has come down to these two:

Garold Tomes of the Toft (5d) and Ulfwin of Sunstead (3d)

You guys may add 1 :vv: to either contestant if you so choose. The benefit is based on your Heart score. If your athlete wins the match, your :vv: is restored. In this one it is a pretty easy way to make the winner you want.

Here are their rolls:

Garold Tomes
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 5d6-3 : 2, 5, 3, 2, 1 - 3, total 10

Ulfwin of the Mires
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 2, total 7

tomcat

:ooc: Just to save some time, if you ALL were to toss in a :vv: it would get Ulfwin to a score of 24. But just as you are able to support your athlete, so can the other side and I would give Mogdred the opportunity to give his player a spirited chance. That would give Garold a 26 and the win.

Do you guys think that the NPC leaders should be able to offer aid to their athletes?

So unless you guys think the above would be wrong, I see it that Garold Tomes and The Toft take the event.

GandalfOfBorg

"But alas it would not be the day for the Men of the Carrock for the match with the Sunsteader went horribly awr", and too bad for the Sunsteader as he fell to the man of the Toft." *booooooo* *hisssss* "Now, now.  Thankfully our Feldon, mighty as he is, sits there with crock in hand a little worse for wear but spirit unbowed."  Raising his own mug, the minstrel salutes the day's warriors.  "That *is* good, I think I'll have another... Speaking of ale, did you hear about the heresy at the alehouse tent?  The Rhosgobel swill bested our fine honey beer.  Can you believe it?  I heard it said the barrel entered was found to be cracked and spoilt on the journey here.  A shame that our lord didn't enter what he gave as the prize: a small keg of his finest honey mead.  Yes, it may not be beer but the songs I could write about it alone..."

"The evening expires and now I shall take my leave of you. You've been a fine audience so please, if you would, show your appreciation for there are orphans and widows who need your love..."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat