• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Nov 12, 2019, 07:57 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 06:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hurcheon

Tyrok tries to puzzle this out

TN 14 Riddle 2d
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

:dmg:     edge:     injury:
--
 All that is gold does not glitter,
 Not all those who wander are lost
<*>

hurcheon

Quote from: hurcheon on Mar 09, 2019, 12:04 pmTyrok tries to puzzle this out

TN 14 Riddle 2d
This dice roll has been tampered with!
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6
:dmg:     edge:     injury:

Guessing that 11 counts as the Eye...
--
 All that is gold does not glitter,
 Not all those who wander are lost
<*>

Anarion

He looks between the man and his bodyguard.

"While I have no issue, a few extra sword arms when the road is so clearly dangerous are welcome. I should confer with my companions for a moment if you don't mind."

He smiles to the man then looks to his companions including Edelyn and her own body guard.

stevelampon

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned, particularly as there seems to be roaming bands of orcs and goblins abroad.

Nashan

Edelyn whispers to Egilhir. "It seems we will have to justify our demand of settlement. He seems to be a person of influence, maybe his presence would add more weight to our plea".

tomcat

As Fastred and Egilhir spoke, Gárulf moved to where his kinsman, Golddan, busied himself with preparing the stone cairn. The rogue grabbed a good-seized rock of his own and placed it on the pile in aid, and he asked quietly, "So, who is this man you protect? He is not of Rohan?"

:ooc: I will make a Courtesy roll to try and make 'friends' and also an Insight roll to judge his words and his mood:

TN 14 (?) Courtesy 1d
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5


TN 14 (?) Insight 2d
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Wow! The dice rolls are really showing me some love!

That is a 17 :g: result on Courtesy and an 18 :%: :%: success on Insight.  :csu:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

:ooc: love the dices and they will give it back hundredfold lol

"Oh he is from Rohan. Wrong side of it, though. He's the son of an Aelderman of Westfold. There's been some nasty business going on between the father and Gossem, a Lord of Eastfold. The feud threatened to get serious, and the King had to intervene. It has been decided that Lord Fastred here would serve as "security" and has been sent under the care of Gossem for... as long as it would take to settle things down. He's not quite a prisoner, he's free to go wherever he pleases, except in Westfold, and as long as he answers the summons of Gossem anytime required. He's also supposed to always be under our guard." He sighs heavily. "That was not supposed to happen. Assassination attempts were the worst we could fear, but an attack from the orcs..."

:ooc: your excellent Insight roll lets you know that the attack could induce some serious trouble for all parties involved. As a "prisoner", Fastred is supposed to be kept alive ; should any harm happen to him, the fault would be Gossem's to bear. On the other side, it could reduce Fastred's freedom of movement should it become known. And... maybe the attack was deliberate and not just some random orc raid ?

Telcontar

Raghnall was not one to be idle. The man dismounted and with a kettle and some turf soon had heated some of the river water. He poured some into a small kettle and began to steep some leaves.

"I have tea and warm water for those who need it. I'd wash any wounds recieved by orcs, even if just scratches."
T. Gingras

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h :00: 2 :dmg: 9 Edge 9 Injury 16

stevelampon

 :ooc: There has been no activity here for over a week, should I assume the 'adventure' is over?

tomcat

:ooc: I cannot speak for Nashan as to the overall story, but I can say he was on yesterday.

So, I do not know.

Sorry!

Stick around, though. Maybe start your own game? If you want to invite players, let me know and I can get them registered.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

 :ooc: real world might be creeping up. I'll be standing by.
T. Gingras

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h :00: 2 :dmg: 9 Edge 9 Injury 16

tomcat

Gárulf nodded and then said, "You shall travel with us then, as far as need takes, Golddan. We currently have a task to return the woman to her kin - along with the man of Gondor. Once done, I see no reason as to why I could not offer mine, and my Bree-friend's sword to aid you in your task." The rogue gritted his teeth, "For if there are orcs prowling the Fold, then I will see to it that they find it their killing field."

The company spent time sorting out the needs of the fallen, whetting their appetites, and then they mounted. "We have a good deal of daylight still," said Gárulf. "Let us take advantage of it!"

He spurred his horse onward.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Anarion

Egilhir will remount and follow Garulf on the road staying near the middle of the company to keep his eye on as much of the terrain as possible for any further encounters with orcs.