• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - YEAR END 2954

Started by tomcat, Apr 08, 2019, 08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Fellowship Phase... each PC is awarded:

Each PC will earn the number of AP equal to what is checked off on their sheet plus 4

Each PC will earn 6 XP

Holdings roll may be made by those who have them.

• if the die roll result is equal to or less than the Holding's rating, you earned enough income to keep your PC's current standard of living.

• if the roll is greater than the rating, the PC gains his standard of living and treasure equal to the difference of the die roll and the rating.

• if the roll is :g:, the PC earns his standard of living and the rating of the holding is reduced by 1 due to some good fortune.

• if the roll is :~~:, the holding suffers some disaster of misfortune. If the hero does not take action the next Fellowship Phase, the holding may be destroyed, or have its rating increase
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

What was in the chest buried under the oak that despite our exposition and fatigue were clearly going to dig up?

How many Fellowship actions are we getting?

Holding Roll:
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Apr 08, 2019, 04:34 PMWhat was in the chest buried under the oak that despite our exposition and fatigue were clearly going to dig up?

How many Fellowship actions are we getting?

:ooc: I am also keen to know these things.  In the meantime, I'm spending 12 AP to increase Arbogast's Persuade skill, and have snagged him a point of Hope from the Fellowship pool, and another for Grimbeorn coming through un-wounded.  Still tossing up what I want to spend his XP on.

Holding roll:
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4

Weal and Woe:
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Daaaaamn.  Doug, I have something in mind for the poor rolling there.  Are you happy for me to go ahead, or should I run it past you first?

Character sheet

tomcat

As to the chest (and sorry for the delay)...

Buried amid the roots of that tree is an ancient chest, containing gold and precious stones worth 50 Treasure and an iron circlet, once worn by the Chieftain of the Northmen of Rhovanion. The crown has value among the Men of the East Bight due to its history and antiquity. It could also provide a bit of Standing to any who might try to place it on their head and attempt to take a position of leadership. You would definitely have to have some good reasoning for the claim, though.

Paul - I want to be surprised.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

AP: 7+5 leftover=12 (Total: 112)
XP: 6+13 leftover=19 (Total: 106)

Lore 3 (12 AP, Remaining: 0)

:? I'm having trouble figuring out what to spend XP on... I can go to Valour 5 but there really aren't any applicable Rewards and I can't upgrade Wisdom or Weapon Skill until 26 pts.  Are there other resources that have more options to spend XP on?  [<

Weal & Woe
 :00:
Feat -  1d12 : 1, total 1
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Greeeaat... Well that result follows the year we've been having.  Isn't that how it always is one year you're up, the next you're down.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Matt,
May I remind you of the Trait Confidence. Restores hope and increases it by two. Probably at the point in your career its worthwhile.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Apr 09, 2019, 02:22 PM #9 Last Edit: Apr 09, 2019, 05:56 PM by Eclecticon
Quote... gold and precious stones worth 50 Treasure and an iron circlet, once worn by the Chieftain of the Northmen of Rhovanion.

:ooc: I'm guessing that this means we don't make hoard rolls to see whether we find anything neat-o-keen to take as our share?  If not, a four way split bets everyone 12 points of treasure, plus two left over.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Two treasure as wergild for the boat survivor.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

QuoteAre there other resources that have more options to spend XP on?
:ooc: Other weapon skills!  Seriously - if you think you'll never be in a fight without your fancy-pants axe, or that you'll never be in a fight where you want to restrain someone instead of doing serious harm, you're cutting off some options for interesting storytelling.  Plus, as I see it, it makes little sense for an experienced warrior to only be much chop with one type of weapon.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: On that note, I'm spending the 16 XP to bring Arbogast's Valour up to 5.  I'm taking a cunningly-made helm as his reward - I'll work it into the narrative. 

:csu:

Character sheet

Eclecticon

QuoteTwo treasure as wergild for the boat survivor.
:ooc: Agreed.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Okay - last bit of mechanical gallimaufry before I knuckle down and write some proper narrative.  I'm presuming that we're following established practice and having two undertakings for the year-end phase.  Arbogast's are:
1) Heal Corruption; and
2) Work on the Road. 

Song roll for the healin':
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 4, 6, total 11

Road status (as of the end of the last Fellowship Phase):
1. clearing the road :csu:
2. restoring the wayforts :csu:
3. restoring the road
4. patrolling the nearby woods, and
5. acting as messengers to drum up trade. 

Character sheet