• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:10 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Ghost Hall - Arbogast

Started by tomcat, Mar 15, 2019, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

ROUND 4

Arbogast can sense the anger that exudes from the spectral warrior, as if it were smoke from a fire. There was a frustration, as well, of knowing that no matter the outcome, no peace will come from this endeavour. Only the constant knowing of damnation and loneliness.

The wight says nothing in reply to Arbogast, only wildly slashes its sword once more.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

TN 18 longsword 1d6+6
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 1d6+6 : 6 + 6, total 12

:dmg: 7    edge: 10   injury: 18
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Apr 01, 2019, 04:08 PM #17 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019, 04:15 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Yikes, Paul!!!  :o

I will calculate the results after I get my daughter to bed!

Okay, Arbogast is hit with a 23 :~~:  :%: success for 13 :<3: loss and he must make a TN 18 :<>: test.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Here goes nothing...

Rolled 2d6+1 : 2, 2 + 1, total 5
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Character sheet

Eclecticon

The wight's sword arcs high, so high that it is a wonder that it does not strike one of the crossbeams that hold high the ceiling, and then falls like lightning.  Arbogast's shield rises quickly to deflect the blow, but he realises the ruse too late.  While the shield hides the sword, the cadaverous warrior strikes, not for the head or body, as Arbogast has become accustomed, but lower. 

The Fire-watcher has just enough time to shift so that the blade bites into his calf rather than severing his leg at the knee, and then he is falling...

:ooc: Arbogast is wounded, but not yet Weary thanks to his fragrant herbs.  I can't mark up the relevant posts, unfortunately, 'cause the 'Quick Edit' button is back to not working for me.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

He gasps as he hits the packed dirt floor of the hall, the pain from the wound in his leg not yet fully upon him.  As the wight-king approaches once more, sword raised for a killing blow, he raises his shield and meets it eye to glowing eye. 

"What will your reward be," he asks, "when you are forgotten and the Shadow has called you back to its bosom?"  He shifts, desperately trying to bring his shield to bear.  "I know that those who love me will sing of me, and lament my death, but who shall shed a tear for a dark memory that wears the form of a man it never was?" 

:ooc: Rolling Persuade again:
TN 16
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 3, 6, total 14

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Apr 02, 2019, 03:56 PM #22 Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 04:21 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: EDIT: Never mind spending Hope - I just remembered that Advantage die!

:00: 1d6 : 6, total 6

Doug, if you're amenable, I'll also tap Arbogast's Shadow Lore speciality, along with the aforementioned Great Success, for an AP (provisionally :csu: )

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Ze table, eet turns. :)

Character sheet