• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Feb 05, 2023, 03:02 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

"We shall help see it done," said Gárulf as he sheathed his sword and swung his shield across his back. He knelt down beside Edelyn to see the differences of which she spoke and they were plain.

"I have never spent time in seeing the variances in my enemy, but you are right. It does not surprise me that orcs of differing tribes would have access to varying equipment."

[Insert Enemy-lore (Orcs) here to determine if Gárulf is familiar with what she is pointing out]

After a few moments of investigation, the Rohir said, "I must go to assist with the fallen, but we shall look more into this mystery once done."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Anarion

He looks at the bodies of the orcs strewn across the ground. He watches Edelyn curious and takes note of the conversation between her and Garulf.

"I've seen orc in a variety of wargear in Gondor but I couldn't generally tell you the difference other than some are larger than others and the larger ones tend to take the better equipment."

He looks down at the nearest orc and then back at the woman. "Does it worry you that they wear lighter armour than those you've faced in the north?"

Nashan

:ooc: You may both roll Riddle TN 14 to know if you can make some sense out of that. It's not quite relevant to Orc Lore but more to deduction.

tomcat

:ooc: Riddle roll

TN 14 riddle 1d
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Anarion

 :ooc:
TN 14 Riddle 1d
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

:dmg:     edge:     injury:

hurcheon

Tyrôk carefully selects, hmm, not that notebook, no, *this* notebook, and sketches any sigils or unusual gear that these orcs are carrying,looking for tribal signs, maybe of different tribes coming together. The common wisdom was that the orcs and goblins of the Misty Mountains were beaten into near oblivion at the Battle of Five Armies.

Where did these come from?

stevelampon

Roderic wanders around amongst the stinking bodies of the dead orcs. After the frenzied excitement of the swift but decisive skirmish, the adrenaline that had been coursing through him begins to disappear leaving him feeling tired. He is aware of the conversation between Gárulf, Egilhir and Edelyn. He has also seen dead orcs before, and these do not look obviously different to the orcs he has seen in and around Carrock.
 :ooc: Should I attempt a riddle role as well?

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Mar 06, 2019, 03:15 PM:ooc: Should I attempt a riddle role as well?

:ooc: Go on. Tyrōk can attempt the roll too.

stevelampon

:ooc: First time I have tried this.
[ro11]{:00:}1d12,1d6[/ro11]

stevelampon

 :ooc: Doh!
:00: 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Nashan

As you talk among yourselves, trying to figure out why these orcs display such an unusual equipment, the nobleman gets near you. « You have my thanks, warriors. Surely these creatures would have got the best of us if not for your providential rescue. I'm Fastred, son of Harding, chieftain of Sceap's Watch. »

:ooc: Gárulf recognizes the name of a small outpost in the West, between Helm's Deep and Dunharrow and its cursed dark passages.

The man wears fine attires, although the journey has took its toll, leaving scratches and stains of mud. He also bears weapons and from the look of him, knows how to use it. Indeed, you have seen him kill more orcs than his presumed bodyguards.

Edelyn shrugs at the question of Egilhir. « They are not the orcs we faced in the north. For a moment, I feared they would pursue us that far south... You fought bravely. I'm glad you came with us. » The last sentence rings a bit out of place, not mentioning the slight blush coloring her cheeks.

Nashan

:ooc: We obviously don't have a Riddle-oriented band of heroes :-D

Anarion

He didnt' feel like he'd done his people proud but everyone was alive and no one gravely wounded. He blushed a little at the compliment himself. "Thank you M'lady."

He then looks to the nobleman. "Well met! I'm Egilhir of Gondor, my companions and I are leading this band of refugees led by lady Edelyn here to settle lands by command of Thingel King." He looks over the man trying to get an idea of what kind of man he was apart from being a nobleman skilled at combat.

 :ooc:

I'd like to roll insight and maybe courtesy if it's needed.

TN ?? insight 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

:dmg:     edge:     injury:

TN ?? courtesy 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8

:dmg:     edge:     injury:

Anarion

 :ooc:

If the courtest roll is required I'd like to spend  :vv: as Egilhir wouldn't want to be making a bad impression of himself infront of Edelyn or this Rohir Lord.

Nashan

« Dol Amroth ? Refugees ? Well, it seems I'm not the only exile here » He side glances at one of the Rohirrim. The man only shrugs in response, busying himself to make a cairn ready for his fallen companions. « We were bound for Aldburg but it cannot be denied we are not longer safe travelling on our own. Wouldn't you agree Golddan that you made a poor job protecting me ? » Again a side glance and a smirk.  The presumed bodyguard grumbles some curse, pretending not having heard. The smile on the face of Fastred grows wider. « Would you mind if we join you ? Surely I would gladly welcome some pleasant company and master Egilhir, you seem to be just that.»