• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Feb 05, 2023, 01:36 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Beautiful!

• With a :g: 18 result, that should be a hit for 5 :<3: loss and hopefully he will miss his  :<>: TN 16 test. If so, then another orc goes down.  ;D

Also, I marked down my 6 :<3: loss.  :csu:


Gárulf was in a fury.

His sword arm moved while his shield was before him, staving off the orc's dangerous strokes. Still, the warrior felt the ebb of his endurance as the enemy pressed. The Rohirrim stood over one fallen orc, but he wanted them all slain at his feet. He feinted and then drove Heordrēorig straight into the chest of another foe.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

 :<>:
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10

Nashan


Telcontar

 :ooc: I'm kinda confused as to where we are mechanically in this battle and who's turn it is.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

:ooc: Second turn, orcs attacked you, it's your turn to counter.

stevelampon

 :ooc: I believe I already did mine, copied and pasted from the previous page.

The Orc to Roderic's front is huge but clumsy and Roderic easily avoids his blows. He thrusts back with his great spear.

Roll(3d6)+0:
6,2,6,+0
Total:14

Roll(1d12)+0:
10,+0
Total:10

Telcontar

Attck roll axe
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

hurcheon

 :ooc: Ah, that's better, icons and all sorts

His axe dripping with black blood, he is trying not to lose his head, he may be descended from warrior-craftsmen, but he is a chopper of logic, not of foes.

If the sword orc is actually down, then he will try to aid Egilhir against the spear orc, otherwise he will finish off the sword weilder

His stroke is more confident this time, but is his confidence misplaced? Is beginner's luck going to lead him astray?

TN 9 Axe 2d
:00: 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

:dmg:   5  edge: G    injury: 2

Nashan


Nashan

More orcs fall to the ground, smitten down by the combined efforts of the companions, the Rohirrim riders, the refugees, and the bodyguards - although diminished in number and strength - of the noble in the dark cloak. Flanked, harassed, now outnumbered, the morale of the goblins finally break down and they give up the fight, fleeing in all directions.

:ooc: that fight has been pretty messy, I'll think of some way to make the next ones clearer.   

Telcontar

OOC: i woukd look at the way Tomcat breaks it down into rounds and scene info Its helpful for LM and Platers
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

Quote from: Telcontar on Mar 01, 2019, 05:12 PMOOC: i woukd look at the way Tomcat breaks it down into rounds and scene info Its helpful for LM and Platers

:ooc: will do

Nashan

The riders pursue some orcs after finally giving up. The nobleman - it's plain to see from his fine clothes and his bearing - is left untouched, thanks to his bodyguards, of which only three are left alive, two of them wounded. You can see they are all men of the Mark, and Gárulf recognizes the markings of a minor stronghold near the Anduin to the east.

Edelyn seems concerned. She walks among the corpses of the orcs, as if searching for something. She occasionnaly crouches next to a body, ruffling around his armor and belongings.

tomcat

Seeing Edelyn's activity, Gárulf cannot help but to be curious.

"What is it you seek, woman? What would orcs have that you might want?" To emphasize his disdain for the creatures, the Rohir placed his boot atop one of the heads of a corpse.

Even as he spoke to the North-woman, he turned to call out, "My Lord! Are you well? It is fortunate that we came along when we did."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

"I'm not quite sure. Some... markings. Look at these ones, their skin is sometimes pierced by hooks." says Edelyn. "I have never seen that before. And their armour is made of leather and hide. The orcs we fought in the north wore metal." She shakes her head and looks up the river.

One of the bodyguards nears you. "We owe you our deepest gratitude ! Had you not been there, who knows what would have become of us. Orcs so deep within the plains, this is beyond understanding ! How did they manage to cross the watchtowers ?! But there will be time for questions later. We must tend to the wounded and make sure the corpses of our brothers are laid to rest." He shakes his head sadly. "This was supposed to be an eventless journey, we were not prepared. Not prepared."