• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:25 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

I'll redo my post with the mounted rules.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

:ooc: Gárulf quickly notices a couple of unusual things about these orcs. They are lightly armoured, wearing crude leather armors rather than metal, and the spears they wear on their back are barbed, much like harpoons would.  

stevelampon

Feb 16, 2019, 07:08 AM #32 Last Edit: Feb 16, 2019, 07:11 AM by stevelampon
Roderic although now more than just a competent rider prefers to fight on foot with his spear and axe. He slides from the saddle and follows on after the Riders. Roderic takes a defensive stance.

Roll(1d12)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Roll(2d6)+0:
4,3,+0
Total:7

Nashan

Saliva foams from the lips of an orc as he bellows « More human flesh is coming ! Finish them quickly and let's feast ! »

« Look ! » screams another one in a high pitched voice. « There's a dwarf with them ! Eat what you want but I want one leg for me ! »

The three Rohirrim immediately put aside the rivalry they held these last few days and charge as one man, leading effortlessly their mounts into battle. They make an impressive sight despite the odds, and the orcs seems hesitant to withstand their charge.

« Use your spears, cowards ! » spits one large orc whose skin is pierced in several places with iron hooks. « Kill the horses and the rest will follow. »

:00: CHARGE TN 12 (reduced due to Horsemanship)
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 5, 5, total 14

Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 4, total 7

Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 3, 5, total 12

:ooc: no cheating there, but someone replied while I was typing ;-)

Anarion

:ooc:

Once battle goes into initiative I'll take an open stance with my spear and shield.

Nashan

The three riders of Rohan fearlessly charge the enemy. Two arrows rise up from behind them in a graceful arch, seem to freeze in mid-air, before gravity takes one down from the sky to end its deadly course in the belly of an orc, leaving it damaged but still alive.

Some foul creatures attempt to form a line to resist the charge of the Eorlingas, but their poor discipline and weak spears don't even come close to slowing down the riders. One orc is ran through with a lance, dead before he even hits the ground. Another one is badly hurt. The riders wheel back, preparing for another charge.

In the meantime, the companions rush in the opening created by the riders and engage the orcs. Despite the cleaving created by the passage of the Rohirrim, the orcs are well prepared and meet them with their crude axes.

:ooc: hits will be made in the following order ; roderic, tyrok, raghnall, garulf, egilhir. Two orcs each, one with a bent sword, the other with a hooked spear.

Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5

Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5

Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8

Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6

Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4

Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8

Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7

tomcat

Even as his arrow was in flight, Gárulf knew that to ride into the skirmish would put his horse at risk, and so he slid from his saddle and drew his sword. Grabbing his shield from his mounts flank, he slapped her on the rear and she trotted off in a safe direction.

Unconcerned as to safety, the man ran into the fray.

:ooc: due to his reckless nature, Gárulf will take up a Forward stance making his TN 12.

Fortunately, the orc attacks missed if I am reading Nashan's post above correctly and the order of the attack rolls.

I will also invoke his Vengeful trait, which I will interpret as a berserker bloodlust when it comes to orcs. If there is benefit, penalty, or reward, let me know Nashan.

TN 6+ longsword 2d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9

:dmg: 5    edge: 9    injury: 16
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Feb 16, 2019, 12:36 PM #37 Last Edit: Feb 16, 2019, 12:40 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Sweet!

So depending on the Orc's TN, I might have achieved a hit on one of Gárulf's attackers!

Result = 17 wounding attack for 5 :<3: loss and a needs to roll a 16 :<>: test
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

Feb 16, 2019, 09:44 PM #38 Last Edit: Feb 16, 2019, 10:44 PM by Nashan
Roderic preferred to remain cautious, first assessing the forces of the enemy. He easily dodged the crooked sword of an orc, but a cunning gobelin sneaked on his flank and plunged his spear in the opening (:ooc: 2 endurance loss). A mighty weapon could have inflicted serious damage, but the poor makeshift lance barely scratched a rib. The Beorning almost smiled. The sting of the bees from his homeland is more painful.

The dwarf has seen his share of orcs, like most of his kindred. He hoped this place would be different but it appears now that this filth has spread in all of Middle-Earth. Fortunately, his mattock would probably prove as efficient here than at home. A grinning orc proved skilled enough to pierce him with his spear but to poor result (:ooc: 2 endurance loss).

Raghnall the Bree-lander is hit as well (:ooc: 2 endurance loss), the sheer number of orcs making manoeuvring difficult. His initial mistake is quickly corrected though, and he evades easily the next attack.

It's been too long since the family sword of Gárulf has cut down some wretched orcs. He wasn't planning on wasting the opportunity. Running into the fray, the Rohir parried one stroke, rolled under the tip of the spear, and in the same move, neatly hacks the orc across the chest. The beast falls to the ground, immediately replaced by another foe.

Egilhir is less lucky. The Gondorian is used to fight side by side with his fellows. No openings are left, there's always a brother in arms to watch your back. That was not the case here and now. Where another soldier should have been to intercept the orc attacks, there was nobody, and both spear and sword bite his flesh (:ooc: 4 endurance loss).

The ambushed men cheer as your rush to their help, drawing their second breath and fighting with renewed vigour. "Hold on ! Help is coming ! Fight harder, do not fail !"

:ooc: make your counter attacks guys

Nashan

Edelyn whined at the sight of the orcs. « Not again », she muttered. Rathvith and Mothtaric looked at her waiting for her approval. She nodded and they all drew their weapons. Not used to mounted combat, they dismount a few meters away from the orcs, and runs toward the enemies.

:ooc: The henchmen are forward, Edelyn is open.

Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6

Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5

Nashan

Feb 16, 2019, 10:57 PM #40 Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019, 12:42 AM by Nashan
Is that weariness ? Is that inexperience ? In any case, the attack of the first of Edelyn's bodyguard is clumsy and easily avoided. The second one is more successful and hits his target.
On the other hand Edelyn hints there's more to her than meets the eyes ; she strikes with no hesitation and pierces an orc through the guts. A fierce glimmer shimmered in her eyes as she looked to her next foe with anticipation.

stevelampon

:ooc: Roderic has 'Great Strength' and receives a +3 to any parry save.

stevelampon

Roderic sees Egilhir is slightly wounded and steps forward to protect Egilhir's open side. Roderic thrusts with his Great Spear.

Roll(1d12)+0:
11,+0
Total:11

Roll(3d6)+0:
2,3,4,+0
Total:9

tomcat

:ooc: Nashan, do you use the inverse feat die rule for the Shadow? Meaning an 11  :~~:  is a success and a 12  :g:  is 0?

Nashan

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 17, 2019, 04:04 AM :ooc: Nashan, do you use the inverse feat die rule for the Shadow? Meaning an 11  :~~:  is a success and a 12  :g:  is 0?

:ooc: Yes, and I see that I missed a  :~~:  on an attack roll against Raghnall. Thanks for letting me know  :)
Roll  :<>: TN 12 to deflect the Wound.