• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarion

:ooc:

Travel Roll if needed

TN 12 Travel 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5

:dmg:     edge:     injury:

Insight roll - If possible could I use my trait Keen Eyed to reduce the difficulty of the roll?

TN 16 Insight 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6

will spend  :vv:  if needed

Telcontar

Insight tn16
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 1, 6, total 12
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

:ooc: I'd say Keen Eyed would apply to Awareness rather than Insight (more like a gut feeling combined with deduction)

Nashan

Feb 14, 2019, 11:44 AM #18 Last Edit: Feb 14, 2019, 12:09 PM by Nashan
Quote from: stevelampon on Feb 14, 2019, 11:12 AM:ooc: Roderic has 3 Insight

Roll(3d6)+0:
4,6,6,+0
Total:16

Roll(1d12)+0:
10,+0
Total:10

:ooc: Great success ! Roderic is not the kind of man to be fooled by woman's tears ^_^
Don't forget to tick the advancement.

To Roderic it's obvious she's hiding something regarding the reasons why they didn't settle up some place norther. He knows indeed that both Beorn and the woodmen would probably have agreed to let them live in their land. He feels they're fleeing something.

stevelampon

:ooc: Roderic has several sisters at home, he is not easily fooled :) Which advancement am I allowed an advance in?

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Feb 14, 2019, 01:32 PM:ooc: Roderic has several sisters at home, he is not easily fooled :) Which advancement am I allowed an advance in?

:ooc: Ha ha. Perception skill group ;-)

tomcat

Quote from: stevelampon on Feb 14, 2019, 09:58 AMRoderic had kept to himself to himself as the party readied itself for the journey. He was more than happy to enjoy the ride, the scenery and the warmth of the weather. He was amused by the bantering conversations of those in the party who were already well acquainted. As he heard the party leader Gárulf mention hunting he thought it would be a good time to make himself better known to the young Rohir guide. Roderic eased Arroch up beside Gárulf and smiled at the man at the head of the party, he leaned across his horses neck to offer his hand. 'Hail Gárulf,' said Roderic, 'did I overhear you mention hunting?' 'Perhaps I can be of assistance and start to earn my place in this party'.

Gárulf accepts the extended hand in welcome, "Well met, Roderic. It is good to have you among us. Yes - hunting will be critical along our path, as we will want to make sure that Edelyn and her people have the bulk of these supplies. Any skills you can bring to the fore will be most welcome!

"You will find plenty of game upon the field, but they are keep hidden - groundhogs and prairie fowl, but also deer graze the grass, and maybe a wild boar will show itself."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

Some miles before you planned to leave the Entwash river and head northeast toward the Wold, the pleasantness of your journey came to an abrupt end. The afternoon darkened and the rain threatened when you came upon the dead rider. You found him facedown on the banks of the Entwash where he lay still and broken among the cold waters. Life had been hacked from his body with axes, nearly destroying his hauberk.

A gust of wind suddenly carries the familiar clangor of steel and screams. The dead man's killers had found new victims. Rain and aching bodies momentarily forgotten, you urge your horses to speed, leaving the two carts behind.

Today, blood and steel mingles with the waters. A small band of mounted warriors is fighting against scores of orcs, unlikely as it seems so deep inside the realm. Many brandish leather shields emblazoned with the crude sigil of an angry boar.

Water rushing at the knees of their mounts, the riders are trying to protect a nobleman riding a grey mare and wearing a dark cloak.
Already, black arrows had claimed two of the fighters, their bloodied detritus floating among the boulders. As they see you, orcs give up ranged attacks and begin to charge the warriors and end the combat as quickly as possible.

:ooc: Bring the action, guys. Roll battle TN 14 for combat advantage (Gárulf cannot fail this roll thanks to his Orc Lore).
You don't have the initiative since you're attacking, though you can shoot an opening volley.
I assume you all attack, but feel free to do something else if you don't feel like spilling blood. Orcs outnumber you two to one. If you do fight, pick up a stance.

Telcontar

The rain started, but even that had not soured the mood of the Breelander. With a flash of pride he reomved from his kit a well made and designed raincape. The craftsmenship was good and the design made it effective in both walking and riding. The cape was one of his prized possesions.

The dead rider spoiled his mood where the rain had not. And when the muted sounds of a skirmish reached the party Raghnall's face was set and he became stern of visage.

Battle Roll
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Opening Volley. Rearward Stance
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 3, 4, total 9

Raghnall rode towards the fray and with a movement and ease that seemed out of place for someone who was built as he was and not a natural rider the bow appeared in his hands. As if built into the motion of the canter of the horse an arrow emerged from beneath the cloak, was nocked, and sped towards the orc that was farthest ahead in the charge on the mounted party.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

If its two to one i cant do reward so I'll shoot and fight defensive drawing a blade after the first arrow is let loose.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Anarion

Egilhir quickly surveys the scene before dismounting his horse to fire at the orcs before they can reach the company in melee where he'll switch to his spear.

TN 14 Battle (f) 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Opening Volley
TN 12+parry bow 1d
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

:dmg:5     edge:10     injury:14

Anarion

Being a man of Gondor with higher valor I can reroll that  :~~:  on my attack,

Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

tomcat

Going to roll for Battle anyway, to see if I can get a better result. If a fail, I understand if you say no to get the free result for enemy lore.

TN 14 battle 2d
:00: 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5

Garulf will also fire from horseback

TN 12+ bow 1d
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

:dmg: 5   edge: 10    injury: 14

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nashan

:ooc: Mounted Combat Rules

There are a few things to keep in mind :

-> Your rolled skill can never be higher than your Athletics skill value, this includes weapon skills.
-> Charging grants you a free attack before the combat actually begins. To do that, you must succeed an Athletics TN 14 check. Then make your attack roll as normal. Should you succeed you can add 3 damage.
-> If all the chargers wannabes succeed, you can charge again (you wheel back and charge again).
-> Once you're in close combat, you can only choose forward or open stance.
-> Attackers on foot have a TN +2 to attack you.

Of course, horses can be targeted and killed. They have to be picked as individual targets though (unlike the Hound of Mirkwood, for example).

Nashan

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 16, 2019, 05:40 AMGoing to roll for Battle anyway, to see if I can get a better result. If a fail, I understand if you say no to get the free result for enemy lore.

:ooc: I think it's unfair for those who have a relevant trait to have to skip the roll and the opportunity to get higher success (maybe it's meant that way in the rules though), so I choose to let players roll (can't be failed, even if a Sauron comes up).