• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:52 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

General discussion

Started by Nashan, Jan 15, 2019, 04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashan

Guys, how do you prefer we proceed to keep up the speed of the game ? I guess that some of us may not be able to answer as quickly as others, and I'm totally ok with that. However I'd like to keep the game going and not hinder the game of anyone.

So I thought I could answer in place of a character should his player be too busy to answer within a couple of days. Of course I won't take any important decision or endanger the life of the character  ;)

How would you feel about that ?

tomcat

As Tom's signature says, "THE GAME MUST GO ON!"

I am fine with you doing whatever is necessary as Loremaster to maintain the pace you want to keep. I have no problem if you speak for Garulf, have him do something necessary to advance the story, or whatever - as long, of course, as it stays within the character's personality and habits.

I always caveat my LM posts for my players with the right for them to ask it changed or rescinded if they feel it is not their PC's nature, but the story can at least keep moving.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Works for me.

Also, if the LM does the lore and fatigue tests as part of the post for everyone it will keeps the travel from getting bogged down.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Anarion

That seems fine by me as well, keeps the pace going. I'm holding off to let other characters in the Edoras scene do stuff before I post again.

Telcontar

Nashan,

Looking at my characters Virtue he has Friendly and Inquisitive. If I am reading that right invoking Folk Lore and Courtesy with our encounter with the Illegal Immigrants into Rohan (joke) should earn Raghnall an advancement point. Am I reading that virtue right, and if not how does it work to you as the LM?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am not this game's LM, but that is how I am reading it. You don't mark a advancement bullet, you directly add it to your available Advances.

That is a cool Virtue!

Let's see if Nashan agrees.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I dont want to munchkin the rule, just want to be clear on how it works. The invoking a trait bit has me a little puzzled.

When you invoke a trait dont you forfiet the roll for an auto success?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am not seeing anything that states that you need roll. At a game table, I think the virtue would be fine as we usually would only see one Encounter per session, but in PbP - Nashan will definitely want to limit the number of times it can be used per Adventure Phase.

Nashan

I'll check in my book when I'll be back home but in my understating, the first point is gained when you succeed a roll, the second with a greater success and the third with an exceptional success OR success reinforced with a trait. Thus I believe a roll always has to be made. I'll confirm that later.

I often give the opportunity to make a roll even if a trait grants you an automatic success in the case you get Tengwar. You cannot fail that roll in any case, even if you score a Sauron.

stevelampon

I added in my previous experience to my character sheet.
1 Lore, 1 Battle, 1 Courtesy, 1 Travel, 1 Explore, +1 in Search and 2 in Stealth.

Telcontar

Nash,
 Correct. However this is a Virtue and functions differently.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Nashan

My bad. That's what you get from reading posts too fast. I've checked and I see no restriction, it works every time there's an encounter. So yes you can add an AP.

Posterboy

Sorry for jumping in here.

I find that some of the Virtues for the Dunlendings and Men of Bree are more powerful than the other cultures. Then I remember that they also have one less Attribute Point than most cultures, abysmal hope pools (seriously... 6+H?!?!), and fairly low endurance pools. Seems a little better balanced then.

Nashan

I agree. Breelanders are just not fit for adventure  (-D

Telcontar

Hey! I resemble that statement!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear