• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:15 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Trails into Mirkwood

Started by tomcat, Jan 09, 2019, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jan 09, 2019, 11:20 AM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2019, 04:39 PM by tomcat
:ooc: This thread will be starting off with journey tests and results from which will narrate and dialogue, as well as see what actions may result.

Distance: The path to the Eldosa tributary is 4 hexes from Rhosgobel, or 40 miles. Everard was in the water a long time - perhaps he was saved by a River-maiden sister of Duskwater.  ;)

The terrain modifier is Hard x2. Not only is Mirkwood a challenge to walk under, but the spring melts have caused the river's path to flood and make the land treacherous along its length. The companions face a perilous march through the fens, where the soggy, muddy ground conceals hidden tree-roots and many serpents. Thick greenish fogs wrap around the trees.

Travel is on foot, so 20 mile per day. The distance to the tributary can be accomplished at the speed listed, but you guys are also searching for clear paths and signs of the barge-men so it will take a number of days based on your rolls.

• make a starting Lore test for any bonus dice TN 14

• I need the character that is in the role of Scout to make a prolonged action of Explore tests (4 successes required to achieve the goal). Each test roll must succeed against a TN 18.

• Explore tests will be made until the prolonged test requirements are achieved, but each test will be impacted by the following Travel tests TN 16 that need to be made with each Explore.

• Each explore test will require each of the companions to make a Travel test for Fatigue

• Any acquired fatigue or hazards will be applied to each future Explore test and Travel test made by the company

So, we'll start this series of tests with the Scout making his Explore check and then everyone making their Travel test. The process continues until the exploration is successful and you find what you seek.

I will narrate and dialogue between each series of tests, and you guys may add in kind. I am going to let you guys do the rolls so you can have fun with the struggle of moving through the marshy forest.

So give me your Journey roles and then let's start rolling!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Okay, starting off with the first Explore roll:

:00: 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 5, 6, total 16

And a Travel roll to go with it:

:00: 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 1, 5, total 11
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Jan 09, 2019, 01:37 PM #2 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019, 02:07 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: So close!  Bugger it, it's worth burning a point of Hope to put a great success over the line.  :csu:

EDIT: Doug, are you going to call for the usual Lore rolls for planning the journey, or does the fact that we don't know precisely where we're going remove that opportunity?  If we do get advantage dice, then Arbogast will do his usual Mirkwood Lore thing and spend the resulting die rather than a Hope point. 

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: yea, Paul, I forgot to add the Lore roll for bonus dice.

So, make those, too, and then your great success on Explore will give you 2 successes towards the prolonged test.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Hathcyn Rolls for first leg

LORE
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Travel
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 1, total 6

Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Not sure what to roll as I can't see my current character sheet.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Matt, we lost the character profiler but I have saved Grimbeorn as a PDF.

That said, I need you to post a simple reply in the TOR Character Sheet thread. I will then populate it with your character's stats. You posting it will give you the ability to edit it.

Cool?

Eclecticon

:ooc: You can find the PDF here once you're done. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Mike, Jacob, are you guys ready to [roll]?  If not, shall we do it for you to keep things moving?

Character sheet

WaitingCynicism

Jan 11, 2019, 02:30 PM #9 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019, 02:36 PM by WaitingCynicism
 :ooc: I'm here, will look for my PDF and make a roll.
:ooc: Here are the results - sorry if I did this wrong and can roll in a post! Roll(2d6)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 Roll(1d12)+0: 4,+0 Total: 4

tomcat

:ooc: I am going to roll for Matt, and Jacob (he gave me 1 roll but it is not labeled, so I will treat it as his LORE test.) I have no stats for Anar.

Lore tests

Grimbeorn
TN 14 lore 2d
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

Travel tests

Grimbeorn
TN 16 travel 4d
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 2, 3, 6, total 15

Eomund
TN 16 travel 2d
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3

tomcat

:ooc: RESULTS

Lore
• Arbogast invokes his Mirkwood-lore trait for an auto-success - 1 bonus die
• Hathcyn fails
• Eomund fails
• Grimbeorn succeeds with a :g: :%: - 2 bonus dice

Explore
• By spending his bonus dice, Arbogast has a :%: success and achieves 2 successes towards the prolonged test goal 2/4

Travel
• Arbogast succeeds
• Hathcyn succeeds
• Grimbeorn rolls an :~~: and incurs a Hazard roll; he also fails his travel test (Matt, you can spend one of your bonus dice to make that a success, if you want)
• Eomund fails his travel test and his fatigue is increased by 2 (Jacob, you can spend a :vv: if you want and roll to see if you can make the Travel test a success)

Again, I have no stats for Anar. Mike, if you kept a copy of your character sheet let me know. Otherwise, we will need to recreate him.

Matt and Jacob - let me know about your decisions above. ALSO - if you guys will make a post in the TOR Characters thread with just your PC names in the body, I will get all of your characters' stats posted. YOU need to make the original post, though, so you will have the ability to edit your sheets.

This is what we need to do while I figure out the Profiler issue. I might have a new hosting location.

GandalfOfBorg

Jan 12, 2019, 06:57 AM #12 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 07:01 AM by GandalfOfBorg
 :ooc: You roll me a 12 then 11 *sigh* lol

I'll spend a bonus die.
The reply is made, thanks.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

WaitingCynicism

Paladin003

OOC: what roles are taken so far?