• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 11:57 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Edoras - Heart of the Riddermark

Started by Nashan, Jan 07, 2019, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashan

Jan 18, 2019, 10:31 AM #15 Last Edit: Jan 18, 2019, 11:32 AM by Nashan
Quote from: Anarion on Jan 17, 2019, 05:49 AMHe laughs at the dwarves good humour. "I'm sure there are still some good allies to be had." He says with a smile then turns his attention to the mention of food. "I was begining to get hungry. Lets feast together Gibor, have you been West beyond the Misty Mountains?" He asks as he heads for the great tables along with the dwarf.

Eghilir and Gibor sit side by side at the table. Like most dwarves he's fond of good food and strong beverages, and he's no less good tempered. As conversation goes by, he introduces you to some other members of the dwarf delegation. Among them is Tyrok, of whom he seems to be particularly fond, he speaks of him almost like a father would speak of his son. "This youngster here has everything it takes to become a great lorekeeper, if he could just practice his Adûnaic a bit more !"

hurcheon

Quote from: Nashan on Jan 18, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote from: Anarion on Jan 17, 2019, 05:49 AMHe laughs at the dwarves good humour. "I'm sure there are still some good allies to be had." He says with a smile then turns his attention to the mention of food. "I was begining to get hungry. Lets feast together Gibor, have you been West beyond the Misty Mountains?" He asks as he heads for the great tables along with the dwarf.

Eghilir and Gibor sit side by side at the table. Like most dwarves he's fond of good food and strong beverages, and he's no less good tempered. As conversation goes by, he introduces you to some other members of the dwarf delegation. Among them is Tyrok, of whom he seems to be particularly fond, he speaks of him almost like a father would speak of his son. "This youngster here has everything it takes to become a great lorekeeper, if he could just practice hid Adûnaic a bit more !"

Tyrôk seems, no, agitated is the wrong word, but torn, as if he would both prefer to hide behind Gibor and peer more closely at these strangers. A fair haired youngster, in simple, practical and hard wearing clothing, he has something in his hand that he fidgits with momentarily before stuffing it into a belt pouch.

He steps forward slightly, and bows. His voice has an accident that tells of the travels that all Erebor dwarves were prey to, and he carefully introduces himself in Westron "As my master has said, I Tyrôk of the Lonely Mountain am. It is my pleasure that he has taken me as apprentice. I am honoured to meet you in this intriguing place. I may need Adûnaic to, no, no, I may need to master Adûnaic, but in this land I can hear Sindarin and Rohirric, where one hears echoes of the tongue Men use in my home. I am sorry. I speak too much. Again, I am honoured to meet you, and am at your service"

He bows again

stevelampon

Roderic follows Goldred around the great hall as he greets friends, acquaintances and fellow merchants and traders. 'Go on and find yourself something to eat and drink' said Goldred,, 'there is no danger here, and I have business to discuss'.

Roderic begins to thread his way through the crowded hall, he towers over the more slightly built Rohirrm. After months travelling with the merchants, the shyness of the boy from the farm has fallen away to reveal a far more confident young man. He nods his head and smiles in acknowledgement to people who catch his eye, as he works his way to the tables groaning under the weight of a vast quantity of food. Roderic notices there is a company of dwarves amongst the gathering, an unusual sight even in Carrock he thought, even rarer in Edoras?

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 18, 2019, 11:55 PMRoderic follows Goldred around the great hall as he greets friends, acquaintances and fellow merchants and traders. 'Go on and find yourself something to eat and drink' said Goldred,, 'there is no danger here, and I have business to discuss'.
... Roderic notices there is a company of dwarves amongst the gathering, an unusual sight even in Carrock he thought, even rarer in Edoras?

Rare indeed. Although they seldom cross the protectorate of Beorn on their way to their newfound home in Erebor. Most of the dwarves you met so far were about to start a new life in a new place, speaking eagerly of the place they come from and what they intend to do once they arrive in the kingdom under the mountain.
Those ones here however mean business and you have a hard time holding their attention once they realize you're a sellsword. A Rohir rider, however, seems to notice you and greets you. « Well met, friend, I couldn't help but overhearing you. Do I assume correctly you're a sword for hiring ? You're an impressive sight. Us in Eastfolde are always looking for new recruits. Would you consider joining us for a while ? Soon many of our men will soon return to their home and attend to their families and fields, and we might be in need of capable men shortly. »

Anarion

He must look unusual, in his fine clothes with his dark hair and deep green eyes, not the fair hair of the Rohirim, sitting with some of the dwarves. He smiles and holds his hand out towards Tyrok to shake his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Egilhir of Gondor, and part of King Thengels company as he returned home." He smiles as the young dwarf lists the languages he recognises amongst the tongues spoken here. "In Dol Amroth Sindarin is still regularly spoken along with Westron, the language of the Rohirim differs but I imagine it is similar to some of the tongues spoken by men in the north."

He spokes the young man moving through the feast hall, clearly another outsider. He stands at the table and waves to the young man (Roderic) "Well met, you look lost amongst the my friend, why don't you take a seat here and enjoy a flagon of beer and some of the good food?" He looks down at the dwarves. "Maybe as outsiders we should stick together in unfamiliar lands." He says to them hoping they don't mind the additional company. By the time he had looked back up he noticed the other outsider had been stopped by one of the Rohir. "Seems he's been caught up by another!" He laughs and sits himself back down and pours himself a glass of wine.

Nashan

Jan 19, 2019, 06:17 AM #20 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019, 05:43 AM by Nashan
A display of Edoras, with the Golden Hall of Meduseld on top of the hill

Nashan

Jan 19, 2019, 06:29 AM #21 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019, 07:37 AM by Nashan
Quote from: Anarion on Jan 19, 2019, 06:13 AMHe spokes the young man moving through the feast hall, clearly another outsider. He stands at the table and waves to the young man (Roderic) "Well met, you look lost amongst the my friend, why don't you take a seat here and enjoy a flagon of beer and some of the good food?" He looks down at the dwarves. "Maybe as outsiders we should stick together in unfamiliar lands." He says to them hoping they don't mind the additional company. By the time he had looked back up he noticed the other outsider had been stopped by one of the Rohir. "Seems he's been caught up by another!" He laughs and sits himself back down and pours himself a glass of wine.

The rider of the eastmark mutters at Roderic. "This one there is from Gondor. They have long been allies of ours but it doesn't mean we wish to have one of their own as king. We will never know why Fengel King decided to send his heir in the south but one thing's for sure, it was a wrong move. Don't get me wrong, Thengel may be a great sovereign, but what we need now is a Rohir to unite us." He pats Roderic's shoulder. "We will discuss later. Think about my offer, my lord Cenric pays good silver." 

stevelampon

Roderic is amused as he shakes the proferred hand of the young Rohir. Sellsword he thought? Perhaps he was, only a few short months ago farm boy would have been a better description. How times change. He had certainly practiced every day with sword and spear, but wasn't sure that he was experienced enough yet with either to describe himself as a sword for hire! 'Hail fellow, well met, my name is Roderic, what is yours'? 'And what brings you to this great hall and this august gathering'?

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 19, 2019, 01:09 PMRoderic is amused as he shakes the proferred hand of the young Rohir. Sellsword he thought? Perhaps he was, only a few short months ago farm boy would have been a better description. How times change. He had certainly practiced every day with sword and spear, but wasn't sure that he was experienced enough yet with either to describe himself as a sword for hire! 'Hail fellow, well met, my name is Roderic, what is yours'? 'And what brings you to this great hall and this august gathering'?

He grasps your wrist as is custom in Rohan. " My name is Cuthred, and I ride with the Marshal of Eastfold, as my father did before me. I am proud to say I'm part of my lord's eorlingas. We're here at the request of the king to greet the dwarves and discuss other state matters. I'm also in charge of hiring capable men to ensure the safety of the eastern borders and the safekeeping of Eastemnet. "

stevelampon

'A pleasure to meet you Cuthred, this is truly a momentous gathering' says Roderic. 'Master Goldred is my new employer at the moment, although I have only just begun to serve him and he has not yet indicated what my duties will be, beyond accompanying him to business meetings around Edoras'. 'Is your lord Cenric acquainted with Goldred'? 'If my skills are more useful to your lord, then perhaps Cenric could discuss the matter with master Goldred, is lord Cenric in attendance today'?

Nashan

« For sure he is ! He's the third Marshal ! But maybe you're not familiar with our ways. See, the King is the ruler of all the Riddermark but he can't keep watch over the whole domain alone. Two lords are chosen among his aldermen to become the second and third marshal. As such they're in command of the eorlingas (such is the name we give to our companies of riders) of the west and the east. There's no first Marshal in time of peace. Should war arises, the king himself endorses the coat of First Marshal and becomes our supreme military commander. This didn't happen since King Helm the First reclaimed the land from Dunlending usurpers two centuries ago.
We all know Goldred in the east, he often meets with merchants and traders from Gondor in Aldburg, the capital of the Eastmark. He's very wealthy, so we can't hope to buy your contract. However he owes my lord a couple of favors and should you agree to serve us, it should be no problem to arrange that. »

Anarion

He stays in light conversation with the dwarves, keeping his attention on the other young outsider who has been held in conversation with the Rohir. He had taken note of the rohirs gesture when he first tried to grab the young mans attention. He would also turn his attention to the King and his queens actions during the feast. He took note of how elequent their behaviour was in comparison to the rowder behaviour of the men of Rohan. "That'll be the ettiquette taught in Gondor." He says to himself as he takes another sip from his cup, enjoying the food and drink but not wishing to over do it.

Nashan

Quote from: Anarion on Jan 21, 2019, 05:52 AMHe would also turn his attention to the King and his queens actions during the feast. He took note of how elequent their behaviour was in comparison to the rowder behaviour of the men of Rohan.

:ooc: Make an Insight roll TN14.

Anarion

:ooc:
TN 14 Insight 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

:dmg:     edge:     injury:

Nashan

Jan 21, 2019, 07:10 AM #29 Last Edit: Jan 21, 2019, 07:23 AM by Nashan
The King and the queen seem to get along surprisingly well with the Erebor envoy. As you ponder it, you realize that the dwarf is probably also considered a stranger by his own kind given his unusual tastes and manners. At present, the queen and he are lengthly describing the wine with flourish and somewhat cryptical adjectives, twirling the liquid in the glasses and holding them in the light of the torches to have a better sight of its redness. 

The King speaks casually with the man seated at his right, one you recognize as Eogar, Marshal of the West. While the Marshal of the East is considered a rich man, Eogar wields much more influence. He's also more true to the ideals of the Rohirrim riders. Cenric, his eastern counterpart had all but bought his title. His nephew should have become Marshal after the death of his father but Cenric offered so many gold to Fengel King that the greedy sovereign was more than willing to overrule the righteous heir.

Your attention is also drawn to Sunnifa, the beautiful blonde serving-woman. She's been in Meduseld since the days of Fengel King but quickly gained the favors of Morwen when the crowned couple returned from Gondor. Despite her beauty, she's still unmarried, and sometimes you feel some attraction toward her.   

:ooc: As a sidenote, Morwen comes from Belfalas before moving to Lossarnach.