• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

A call to adventurers !

Started by Nashan, Jan 01, 2019, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

If you have a character image and you wanted it hosted here so it can be attached to character sheets, attach it to a thread or email it to me.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I'm going to work on a Man from Bree.

Doug, I'm going to probably work him in to your brigand background
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 04, 2019, 11:41 AMI'm going to work on a Man from Bree.

Nice, I love Bree ^_^

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 04, 2019, 08:39 AMHello, I would like to join in if that is OK. I already have a Beorning character that I have just created for a ftf game, or I could create a new Rohan character if you think that is a better fit.

Thanks

Steve

A Beorning would be just fine ! Feel free to play the same character as long as you make him a newbie again ;-)
We'll discuss it further by PM.

stevelampon

My character sheet is filled in and uploaded. Hopefully you can see it – Roderick the Red. The text area for the Shadow Weakness seems to be missing, the SW for Roderick is Lure of Power.

Anarion

So that's a - Man of Rohan, Minas Tirith, Bree and a Beorning so far?

Nashan

Quote from: Anarion on Jan 05, 2019, 02:29 AMSo that's a - Man of Rohan, Minas Tirith, Bree and a Beorning so far?

Two Rohirrim actually, one player didn't post on this forum so far, we discussed over his character by PM. One last player contacted me earlier today, applications are hereby closed ^_^

Full human party so far !

tomcat

Jan 05, 2019, 04:52 AM #22 Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019, 04:54 AM by tomcat
Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 04, 2019, 11:37 PMMy character sheet is filled in and uploaded. Hopefully you can see it – Roderick the Red. The text area for the Shadow Weakness seems to be missing, the SW for Roderick is Lure of Power.

For some reason, Steve, your info populated the cells below where each goes. The cells are titled below the lines, so your name should be one up from where it is, as should all the other info.

You will see that Shadow Weakness has its own cell available when you do.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

stevelampon

:) Doh, thanks, amended the sheet, and added Roderic's story of how he finds himself in Rohan.

Anarion

Should we have invites to the campaign? If so I can't seem to find mine.

Nashan

Jan 05, 2019, 10:36 AM #25 Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019, 10:38 AM by Nashan
Ok so I'm back home, sorry for the delay guys. Thanks to your posts and/or PMs, I now have a good overview of your characters, and some ideas to involve them in the campaign. It's gonna be quite challenging to reunite the subgroups of characters in plausible ways, I have a geographic issue I must fix somehow. We probably will start playing in separate groups, meeting along the way and hopefully creating strong bounds of friendship (or at least not kill each other).

Our roster so far :
- Gárulf, outlaw Rohir, played by Tomcat
- A Westfold Rohir rider, played by WaitingCynicism
- Roderic, a Beorning, played by stevelampon
- Egilhir, Soldier of Gondor, played by Anarion
- A Breelander played by Telcontar (I would need some additional infos about that one)

I have two additional players from Loremaster Guild on Facebook. I need to check with them if they're already registered here but in any cases, all positions are now filled since my range was 5-7 players. 

Campaign to join is Riddermark (id = 43)

Telcontar

I'll get the guy made up tomorrow with some background.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Hey Christophe,

Just so you know - you have to accept us into the campaign on the Profiler.

Nashan

Jan 06, 2019, 12:07 PM #28 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2019, 12:13 PM by Nashan
For some reason, I only got the character request from Tomcat. It doesn't really matter since we won't use the profiler for much longer, I suggest you fill a sheet and send me the picture or the PDF. I trust you to keep your sheets cheatfree and up to date in the future, I will keep record of the Hope points.
The rules state that the fellowship pool of Hope is replenished at the beginning of each session. Obviously we can't apply that, so the pool will be replenished when you reach millstones roughly equal to the chapter an average group would reach in more or less 5 hours. I will also consider to fill the pool once every week or maybe twice a month. 

The last player should join us shortly. Our final roster will thus include six characters, and we should be able to start shortly. There will be at least two subgroups to start with ; the "outlaws" featuring the Rohir of Tomcat and a Breelander, and the Edoras group featuring a Rohir rider and a Gondorian. I still have two characters to fit somewhere.

Anarion

Awesome I'm looking forward to this. I filled out the profiler but I'll use a form fillable one since the profiler is going down shortly and send a screenshot via facebook? Is there a name for the other Rohir that will be with my Gondorian in Edoras? They'll likely end up being my fellowship focus. As I have a love for horses and a respect for the Rohirim due to that.