• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:50 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - The Road Goes Ever On and On

Started by Eclecticon, Nov 19, 2018, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Nov 19, 2018, 06:01 PM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2018, 06:10 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Fellowship Phase, which will take us through the winter of 2953-54 (we need to update the Tale of Years!) and possibly longer, as Doug determines.   

Each PC will earn the number of AP equal to what is checked off on their sheet. 

Each PC who was present from the get-go will earn 8 XP.  Those who arrived later (Anar, Bandy and Arbogast) will earn 4 XP. 

Each PC who had a Fellowship Focus who was not wounded may recover a point of Hope. 

The 'getting the band back together' sequence before the Battle of Stánford seemed to be a real emotional up-beat for the players, so let's reflect that mechanically!  The total Fellowship pool at the end of the Adventuring Phase was 9 (seven PCs, +1 each for Grimbeorn and Bandy).  Anar hasn't spent any Hope points, and Esgalwen can't recover Hope from the Fellowship pool, so that's a point each for the five remaining PCs, plus four left over for those as needs 'em. 

Finally, for his leadership in battle and his wisdom in judgement, Grimbeorn receives two points of Standing.  For his public honouring by Grimbeorn, Hathcyn receives one. 

Holdings roll may be made by those who have them:
RollResult
:~~:
equal to or less than the Holding's rating
greater than the rating

:g:
the holding suffers some disaster of misfortune, and requires action next Fellowship Phase to avoid destruction or an increased rating
The PC maintains their standard of living
the PC maintains his standard of living and gaines Treasure equal to the difference between the die roll and the rating
the PC maintains their standard of living and the rating of the holding is permanently reduced by 1 due to some good fortune

Given that this is a year-end Fellowship Phase, those of you who want to can roll on the Weal and Woe table from the Adventurer's Companion to see how events pan out around them during their down-time. 

EDIT: I've tried formatting this as a table but it's not working for me and I'm about out of time.  You can find the table on pp 135-136 of the Adventurer's Companion
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Nov 19, 2018, 06:11 PM #1 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2018, 06:33 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: I'm putting in a claim on behalf of Tate for one of the extra Fellowship points.  He burned a lot of Hope over the last adventure.  :csu:

There is also work continuing on the Forest Road, which we will need to continue to devote Undertakings as a group.  

There is also work continuing on the Forest Road.  This is a years-long effort, requiring the Fellowship as a whole to dedicate an undertaking to each of the following:
1. clearing the road :csu:
2. restoring the wayforts
3. restoring the road
4. patrolling the nearby woods, and
5. acting as messengers to drum up trade.  

This doesn't produce any mechanical benefit until the road is complete.  

At Doug's discretion, there may be time for another undertaking each before the next Adventuring Phase.  

If so, you can find of all the undertakings in the game here.  

Character sheet

Telcontar

Are we still using the profiler?

Hathcyn
Xp8
-6 for 3d Great Spear

Two remaining XP

AP12
-8 for battle two
-4 for persuade one
None remaining.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Paul,
 One or two undertakings for year's end?

Weal and Woe roll
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Paul or Doug:
Weal and Woe roll says something good happend. I am using the herd of cattle as a holding, so with a standing of 1 I am going to assume it has a value of 9. With the weal roll of ten what is a reasonable increase? 9 to 8?

Undertaking: if we only get one I am leaning toawrds Guard the Old Ford or the Forest Road.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Nov 20, 2018, 01:27 PM #5 Last Edit: Nov 20, 2018, 01:30 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Telcontar on Nov 20, 2018, 08:25 AMAre we still using the profiler?

Hey Tom, until you hear from me otherwise, the Profiler is our source for character sheets. I will know well in advance if/when the Profiler will be shut down and then we can do a PDF grab of each character while I determine the next resource for character maintenance.

As for your new holding and the roll made... yes, 9 is the starting rating for your herd of cows.

Your good Weal and Woe roll offers you a choice:

• The hero provides 1 additional point to the Fellowship pool for the length of the following Adventuring phase.
• Alternatively, if the hero has a holding, he may choose to roll the Feat die twice keeping the best result on the next Holding Upkeep roll.

QuoteFellowship Phase, which will take us through the winter of 2953-54 (we need to update the Tale of Years!) and possibly longer, as Doug determines.

We will be doing TWO undertakings - the story will be picking up in the Fall of 2955 or the Spring of T.A. 2956. I have not yet determined the story arc yet. That said, I may offer a second Year-end undertaking, so do not choose your second one until I have determined where we are in the time with the DoM. The year 2954-5 highlights will be posted in the opening thread to our new chapter, so think about how your character will spend the time.

I need to hear from Jacob as to why his character is in the Anduin Vale. I think he said something about being part of a merchant train, but this still needs determined.

As for Esgalwen's XP and AP usage:

She earns 8 XP to add to her current unused balance of 8 and so raises her Wisdom to 5 for all 16 points. As a Reward, she takes the master Confidence and gains the benefits of that trait.

She has 16 AP to spend:
- buys Lore ♦♦ for 8 AP
- buys Insight ♦♦ for 8 AP

I will be posting her Undertaking(s) shortly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Doug,
 So I am going with a starting score of 9 the roll of a good year lowers it to 8 and then I'll take the two rolls.

Undertaking One will be Forest Road
Undertaking Two will be Guard the Old Ford roll 1d12 for Result. 

I'll also roll 2d12 for my Standing keeping the highest.

Going to roll and then shape narrative around it.
Guard the Ford Roll
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Standing TN8
Roll1
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Roll2
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

Take best.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

They were in order, but they were collectively craptastic rolls and I dont know if me or the specific characters are hated by this dice roller.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: It's not a :~~: though, so it's maintaining your Martial standard of living.  Ubhala is managing that herd well for you! 

Character sheet

tomcat

Wow! Yea, the roller hates us.   (-D

I think if the last adventure phase had continued, the roller would have had Esgalwen falling on her sword.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The only thing I am not seeing is where you got the good Weal and Woe roll lowering your holding's rank?

The only way I see it happening is by rolling a :g: on the upkeep roll. If I am missing something, please direct me. Thanks!

Telcontar

The die roller needs an intervention.

Summon an old priest and a young priest....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Adventurers Companion Page 136

Result 9-10 the text part. Last sentence. One of the heros holdings is significantly improved in sone way increasing its value.

The two options (fellowship pool or standing roll) you listed are additions too the above description of the result.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Yea - I see that part.

Above you rolled a 10 for your Weal and Woe roll, right? From that you got A Worthy Year.

From that you would roll to improve your Holding's rating from 9 to 8 by rolling on the Holding Upkeep chart (which is in the DoM book). You get to make two Feat die rolls and keep the better of the two, which you rolled a 2 and a 3.

You need a :g: on either of those feat dice to go from a 9 to an 8 in rating.

Your 3 result gives you a result that your Holding produced enough in the year to maintain your Standard of Living for Hathcyn.

If I am missing something else, please let me know.

Understand too, that I might be giving another Year's End undertaking phase. I still need to figure out where we are starting in the new phase.

Telcontar

I took the first part as a given requiring no roll. Gaining six treasure, or the healing of a family member requires no roll so I thought the standing increase was automatic and the result of the roll.

The rolls were to increase the chance of getting treasure as a result of the standing change. Or option two to gain fellowship point because of how awesome things went.

If the standing aspect only gives you the chance of increase by rolling two dice then it is not a worthy year its a maybe if the dice are nice year.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear