• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Generational post

Started by tomcat, Nov 16, 2018, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 16, 2018, 10:12 AM Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018, 10:14 AM by tomcat
Okay - this is a game related post for you guys, but outside of character narrative and dialogue.

Paul is handing the reins of Loremaster back to me after the Fellowship Phase is complete.

With the end of this Adventure Phase, I think we are entering the new year T.A. 2954 - seven years since our game commenced. If my math is wrong, and it is now 2955, Paul, let me know. Either way, I am not 100%, but i think I might even be picking up the campaign at that point (year 2955), just because that will keep us in line with the DoM book.

I need to know if any characters will be changing via Generational transition. Meaning, is there someone else you would like to go back to, or start anew? Grimbeorn seems to be in the thick of rule, right now, but that doesn't have to be a lock. I can have Beorn return to free him back up, Matt. At least I think I can. Paul, he didn't go off somewhere to die, did he?

Bandy, Arbogast, Hathcyn, Tate, and even Esgalwen can be set aside if you guys want to try something new. I will not be moving the Anar character forward. Mike - if you are around, please post below and let me know that you have intention of playing. Thanks!

We have a new PC joining us with the onset of this chapter. He is a Rohirrim and I will introduce him with the beginning of our new Adventure Phase.

I just want to know what you all want to do with your PC's before I start the new phase prep.

As for Esgalwen and Tate - Ayrn seems to be stuck in RL and has backed away from the game. I originally took up the role of Esgalwen (a character he created) as an NPC when he had to step away before, and I have no desire to pick up another role with Tate. I am assuming Ayrn will be back and we'll see how things come together with this PC - but for now he will be safe back at home. Esgalwen is going back to Dale with him - maybe because there is a possible romance, maybe because she wants to get away, maybe because I need her out of the way for a while so I can just LM. I don't know. The story takes us towards Dale anyway, so I can resume her when it is time to bring her back in the story. I have never played a female role before, but I think she is a really cool character and so she will not disappear into the night.

So - Paul will give us our Fellowship Phase so we can do our underatakings. He'll reward our XP and AP, and then he can go back to just being a player.

You guys need to tell me what PC will be resuming in our story.

I will need you ALL to leave the Campaign your PC is currently listed in, on the Profiler, and ask to join my campaign. The number is 33. You do this on the EDIT page for your character.

I hope we can have all of this stuff done by next weekend and I will have our new Adventure phase thread started by then. Next weekend is Thanksgiving here in the States, so I will have a nice 6-day weekend to work on this stuff and get our next chapter rolling!

If you have any questions, feel free to correspond with me in this thread.

Welcome to Jacob - he is our new player!

Peace!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Hathcyn is my man.

Bandy needs some time to get sorted out off screen. Set himself up and lower his shadow score.

Unless you think you narratively need an NPC I think we have enough players to keep muddling on.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Nov 16, 2018, 12:44 PM #2 Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018, 03:57 PM by tomcat
No, i don't need any NPCs, so we're good.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

I'll carry on with Arbogast - his story has a while to go yet, I think.

Also, before anyone goes making grandiose plans for the future, I'll remind you that, until Grimbeorn gives his judgement of Vidugalum and Oderic, the adventuring phase isn't over!
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

With Anar back in would should be in good shape in terms of character count. Probably not a diverse set, but a cast of characters none the less. We may want to start considering roles for the party and fellowship focus.  I know we have a judgement and advancements left but we can parallel plan.

Abrogast
Grimbeorn
Hathcyn
Anar
Horse dude.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn will remain.  I believe he needs to see the king of Dale and figure out why Grimbeorn became "not over fond of Dwarves".  It is during this time that Grimbeorn and the Beornings exert their influence over the region from Dale to Rivendell, providing safe passage between Mirkwood to the Misty Mountains and such.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

I'll take the scout position with Grimbeorn as a fellowship focus.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Paladin003

I will be joining the game. I can make a new character if you're looking for more diversity in the "cast"

Eclecticon

Nov 19, 2018, 09:41 PM #8 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2018, 09:50 PM by Eclecticon
Nah, we have plenty of diversity - Grimbeorn and Hathcyn are the only cultural double-up among the active characters.  Keep going with Anar as long as he's interesting to play.

I was thinking of increasing Arbogast's Explore skill, given that he's been snooping around Mirkwood for much of the late summer and autumn, but it isn't a bad idea to let the newer characters shine in the travelling roles instead.

I've also been considering switching his fellowship focus - maybe to Esgalwen - on the grounds that he understands some of what she's been going through lately.  Comments welcome.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Esgalwen wont be included in the cast this time.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Okay - I thought Doug was planning to bring her back.  Never mind, then. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Nov 20, 2018, 01:27 AMEsgalwen wont be included in the cast this time.

That is not the case - she will be in Dale and available to be part of the party. I like having an LM character in the story as it allows me to interject story/dialogue when things bog down. This said, I do not want her to overshine or outperform any PC's in tests or combats, so I keep the LM characters restrained a bit. (I have been doing this all the way back to Edrahil in our CODA campaign).

So feel free to choose as you'd like, Paul. To start though, it will be just you guys. Cool?

Telcontar

Oh, I thought you were sending her to Dale and not playing her in the story. My bad.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Hey Tom,

Yea, she is going to Dale but so is our story. She'll just be there a little bit sooner than you guys.

When you guys arrive, I am not sure how much I will bring her in, but I will keep you apprised, Paul.

Eclecticon

Cool.  I'm not even completely sold on the idea yet - cementing an alliance between the Woodmen and Beornings is still pretty high on Arbogast's long-term agenda, so it's not like Grimbeorn's stopped being important to him. 

Character sheet