• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Battle is Joined - Wave 2

Started by Eclecticon, Oct 31, 2018, 04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: First success.  You're off to a good start.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

She cockes her head to one side and her eyes focused on the Hobbit. Bandy took it as a good sign and sheathing his sword tried to help her up.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Nov 06, 2018, 08:59 AM #17 Last Edit: Nov 06, 2018, 09:02 AM by tomcat
The Ranger took the halfling's hand and she smiled. Her mind cleared, though pain still wracked her upper torso.

Bandy was too short to help her to her feet, but she at least was no longer sprawled on the ground. Esgalwen reached to where the broken shaft protruded from her leather corslet and pulled. The Hobbit cried out, "No, M'lady! You will only do yourself more harm."

But Esgalwen continued, not listening to her friend, and suddenly the arrow was out. The woman sighed and another smile came to her face, "It is okay, Bandy. I am lucky, after all! The shaft did not enter my flesh, merely sliced into it being caught between my rib and my armor. Though it did not pierce, I fear it has created a bloody wound and was causing great discomfort, but I will live."

She reached out a hand and touched Bandy's face, "I know not why my mind is a blur and why hope fails me, but you bring me light as succor in my need. You always were the heart of our group, Bandy...thank you for that." Esgalwen went to a knee and began to stand. Blood still ran through her sliced leather armor, but the Hobbit felt better knowing that it was not a hole into her lungs.

Her hand reached for Nimronyn and there was strength in her grasp. She looked about her at the carnage that was the rear flanks of the battle and again she felt her spirit breaking. The man that had helped her, not long before, lay lifeless on the cobbles.

Reinforced by her return to her feet, Bandy smiled and offered more words. He knew the strength of the woman before him, he just needed to help her find it once more.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Though the bear standard wavers many times in the frenzied assault over the stockade, it does not fall, and soon the Blood-moon men are falling back.   Many flee or surrender.  Those that do not seek to regroup amongst the homes of Stánford. 

:ooc: Whew - what a fight!  Withstanding the hazard has automatically met your first objective, but it's possible that the momentum of the army carries you further.  Let's find out:

:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12

Character sheet

Eclecticon

As they retreat or flee, the Blood-moons that had been tormenting the folk of the village abandon their task.  Crying out with mixed relief and shock, the womenfolk,  the very old and the very young at last find safety behind the Beorning lines. 

:ooc:  Well, that seems an appropriate end to the wave! 

Character sheet