• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:23 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Foes of the Folk

Started by Eclecticon, May 03, 2018, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Jul 07, 2018, 02:52 PM #60 Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018, 02:54 PM by Eclecticon
"Meeeeeeeen!  Maaaany meeeeen with speeeeeaaaaars and aaaaaxes in the Eeeeelfswoooood!  Their leeeeaaaader beeeaaars a gooooldeeeen tuuuussk upoooon his shiiieeeld!

:ooc: The Elfswood, for those playing at home, is the lightly-wooded area around the Forest Gate and the start of the elf-path through Mirkwood.  It seems Rorin is taking the direct path to Viglund's lands. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

By chance, if chance it was, Hathcyn had just returned to the hall and was being led by one of the beasts to the hall of Beorn. He heard the message of the bird. Instinct called him to action, but that same reaction had led them into a terrible defeat not yet two days ago. He must learn to think more like the fox, and less like the bear.

He stood silently, thought, and waited for orders from Grimbeorn.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: Give me a second (figuratively speaking) and I'll let you know how much Hathcyn had healed since the skirmish.

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn sees Hathcyn arrive as the bird speaks.  "Is Rorin held captive and do you know how many men?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

The bird gives a raucous squawk and flaps its wings in clear agitation.  "Maaaany Meeeen, though some were booouuund and bore no aaaarms!  Roooriin stooood alooone with haaaammer in haaaand, and I heeeaaard a maaan cry as I fleeeew!  I know noooot whereeether he still liiiives!  Make haaaaste!  I will guiiiide you!"

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: What resources left does Grimbeorn have to command?
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

:ooc: YOU HAVE MY SPEAR! and maybe a weiner dog and a talking horse.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Kinda what I figured... Lol
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

:ooc: Tom is basically right - with the exception of Hathcyn, the young men willing to follow Grimbeorn in to battle at the drop of a hat are all either dead or back with their clans and in no hurry to accompany him into battle in the future.  You are still the acting lord of the Beornings, and you could send word out asking men to muster, but for a non-emergency (as they would see it) like this, the response would be slight, and slow in coming.  Especially as many steadings and villages will need every strong hand to get the harvest in. 

If you would like to go that route, let's say that it'll take a minimum of two days to get any followers to turn up (Beorning settlements aren't large, and are widely spread), and you'd be looking at 1d6 men per day after that, to a maximum of 30 or so. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: Eclecticon on Jul 07, 2018, 10:02 PM:ooc: Give me a second (figuratively speaking) and I'll let you know how much Hathcyn had healed since the skirmish.
:ooc: And Hathcyn has healed five Endurance (:csu:), so he's still Wounded. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Jul 16, 2018, 07:23 AM #70 Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 01:29 PM by Eclecticon
"Hathcyn... are you with me?"

"Yes," said the injured man, trying to appear more ready that he actually felt or looked.

"Good," Grimbeorn replied gruffly, and giving a wan smile to the man's dedication to duty and honor.  "You and I will need horses and some provisions, we set out as soon as we may to see to our friend."  To the bird, he commanded, "Find Esgalwen, to the south I think you'll likely find her and her Dalish companion.  Tell them what you've seen and that I request their assistance for Hathcyn and I leave to deal with this."  With a loud squawk of acknowledgement, the bird fluttered off with his hopes of finding his friend in time.

While he prepared for his departure, he bade messengers give word to the thanes of what is transpiring and his intention to confront the harassers lest they look and find him not in the hall of Beorn.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

:ooc:
I'm going to make an insight roll for Hathcyn before I reapond. I have some thoughts but I'm not sure he would see things as I do...
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12

Rolled 3d6 : 6, 3, 1, total 10
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Hathcyn nodded in response, "my spear is yours to command Wolfslayer."

He listened to Grimbeorn order his affairs and raised his hand to speak.

"Lord, I have not the cares or burdens that you do nor the experience. I do come from a large family with many uncles and nucles who do not see eye to eye. Though leadership may fall to a son they are seldom quick to follow a younger man. May I suggest you leave out the details of where you are going. They will think you rush forward to another ill conceived battle having learnt nothing from the last. Say only you have pressung bussiness with the Dwarves that you must see too. Then leave a trusted man, one of the Thegns respected by the others to receive news of any issues that may arise. This will allow you to do your bussiness as you see fit, raise the confidence of one of your thegns, and show to all your ability to trust others and insure the management of your people.  None would question your personal courage, but leave no room for them to continue to question your judgement."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: Matt, any response? 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

"hmm," pondered Grimbeorn. "I loathe being circumspect about things, but in this case I agree.  I would hope they'd be more practical and take that this is more about safeguarding our land.  Too many of these 'lords' of late are more concerned with position and perception than honor and duty.  Thank you."
Gwaithlim Weapons