• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:43 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lair - round 11

Started by tomcat, Jan 18, 2018, 05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

:ooc: If the party is allowed an opening volley, I only imagine Stig taking a shot (from what I wrote, the other three already had blades drawn and shields up.

If they wouldn't normally get an opening volley, could Stig invoke his Keen Sight trait to gain the opening volley?

If so, here's Stig's attack against Warg 2 [TN = 18]:

Feat Die
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Fair Shot
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Bow Skill
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 3, 3, 6, total 15

Posterboy

:ooc: So, again, if the opening volley is allowed... Stig scores a great(?) success against Warg 2 for 11  :<3:  loss.

Telcontar

The aged elf sat at his workshop with fine delicate tools all around him. There were crystals, twisted wire, and glass as well a phials and jars all about him. Suddenly everything blazed with a brilliant flash of light Ormal fell back from his bench with the suddenness of it. This master of working with light was overcome by the intensity of it. For a moment all of his wondrous creations paled in the brilliance of a light that he remembered from of old. The elf laughed deeply and happily, something somewhere had suddenly changed.

Far away in the south there was less mirth, but more light. Morirúsë felt the light of the lamp surging up from the well. In the distant memory of his soul he remembered as a child the light to the trees. Here in Middle-earth even a shadow of that light was beyond compare, magnified as it was by Varda and Ulmo the elf was at peace in mind and body he felt at one with Arda.

The ancient beast howled in pain and fear at the light. A howl so great that it had not been heard for two ages of the world. The sound of it alone made the beasts of the wood run in terror, for women to drop to the ground and bury their faces, and men to tightly grip their tools and weapons and to hurry home. The pain and hatred of that howl was in equal measure and opposite that of the light.

"Here we are you and I, both relics of the past. Come, let it be the destruction of one or the other of us. Come fell beast, let us embrace and meet our fates in the light of the west."

" To me Atanatári! Strike now you inheritors of the earth and rid it of this ancient evil!"

The ancient blade of the forgotten wars was no longer briddled. The elf now struk at the beast to vanquish.

"Morirúsë! Morirúsë! Morirúsë Strike!"

:ooc: With the change in order, I am assuming that I still have my TN31 from last round.
Attack
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 5d6 : 3, 3, 4, 2, 3, total 15
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Jan 19, 2018, 05:24 AM #18 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 05:26 AM by Telcontar
Doug,
 I fixed a typo, the rolls are legit. That's a protection test at least.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Posterboy

:ooc: I imagine Kol taking a forward stance... he anted to dispatch the warg quickly.

Kilic and Tate will both take a defensive stance.

Stig will be taking a rearward stance.

Here's Kol's attack:

Kol attacks Warg 5, forward stance, TN = 12

Feat Die: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Longsword (Two-handed): This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 1, 4, 5, total 13

Posterboy

:ooc: My dice are also legit (unfortunately... I was hoping for at least one  :%: )... got interrupted by Tom's posts.

Anyway, Kilic will attack Warg 2, Tate will attack Warg 3, Stig will attack Warg 5

Kilic attacks Warg 2, defensive stance, TN = 18
Feat Die:
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Sword Skill:
Rolled 4d6 : 1, 4, 6, 6, total 17

Tate attacks Warg 3, defensive stance, TN = 18
Feat Die:
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Sword Skill:
Rolled 4d6 : 2, 4, 1, 6, total 13

Stig attacks Warg 5, rearward stance, TN = 18
Feat Die:
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Fair Shot:
Rolled 1d12 : 12, total 12

Bow:
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 1, 1, 6, total 14

Posterboy

:ooc: Using Tate's Shield Fighting ability:

Shield Fighting: Roll Feat Die. On an 8+, do additional damage equal to Damage (5) bonus plus encumbrance of shield (3).

Feat Die:
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Posterboy

:ooc: FANTASTIC!! So, my understanding of the round of combat is:

Kol hits Warg 5 for 7  :<3:  loss
Kilic hits Warg 2 for 13  :<3:  loss... with Stig's opening volley, Warg 2 should be dead.
Tate hits Warg 3 for 10  :<3: loss plus 8  :<3: more from shield fighting (does that sound like a lot?) for a total of 18, dispatching Warg 3
Stig his Warg 5 as well for 15  :<3:  loss, taking down Warg 5.

With Warg 5 down, is Kol free to leave the battle behind and move into the Lair?

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry for the delays - I was needing to have a private talk with Tom and it is done.

Now to get to this round...

• As stated, Grimbeorn's attack though successful, did not end the greater warg.

• Arbogast and Morirúsë complete the Lighting of the Lamp!  :csu:

• Arbogast hits the Werewolf with a 21 success for 5 :<3: loss and a protection test

• Morirúsë hits the Werewolf with a 24 success for 11 :<3: loss and a protection test

Arbogast's hit
TN 18 armour 2d
:00: 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7

Morirúsë's hit
TN 18 armour 2d
:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 19, 2018, 08:50 AM #24 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 02:04 PM by tomcat
The light flared throughout the cave and the darkness was removed. It was gold and silver and though bright, was pleasant and soothing to the companions that had struggled for so long. Weariness escaped arms and legs and their spirits seemed to be borne up out of shadow.

For the wargs it was different.

The large, dire warg that had snarled at Grimbeorn suddenly cowered down towards the floor and whined like a whipped pup. It gave a long, mournful yelp and barreled past the Beorning, out of the cave and past the new melee that had just started. The monster was wounded, but it ran into the woods and disappeared.

The fell-beast known as Mornhûn, the black-heart, Beast of Mirkwood, also began to whine and snarl. The light hit its form and wolf body began to burn. Fur and skin sloughed from its flanks exposing muscle and bone, and that, too, smoked and burned away. Evil still glowed in its eyes and it stared into those of the Noldo as if offering up one last curse of hatred.

Axe and sword smote Mornhûn, cutting deep and the monster fell to the ground. It drew in haggard, bubbling breaths - the last it would take on this world. Morirúsë lifted his sword once more only to chop back down and lop the wolf's head from its dissolving corpse. The light of the lamp was burning away all the evil within the cave.

From without, Kilic and his companions heard the terrible commotion and then witnessed as a beautiful light flared inside the cave, removing all darkness from its opening. The wargs they fought all cowered of a sudden, and looked back towards the lair of their master. Of a sudden, a dire beast the size of a horse bounded from the new glow and disappeared into the woods. The Men and Hobbit did not tarry from their attacks on the evil pack, and quickly dispatched three of the wargs even as they stood in confusion. The last two bolted and dodged around the men's stabbing weapons.

A great cry and a wave of power was released from the cave, knocking them back, and then all was silent.

Only the wind in the pine trees could be heard whistling above.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3

tomcat

:ooc: Being bathed in the light, ALL PC's gain back the following:

• 3 Hope

• their favoured Body score in Endurance

More to follow... I am waiting on some PM's to be answered.

tomcat

:ooc: This is the last post on this thread from me.

Tom should have one more post to make here.

I am going to be doing the Fellowship Phase post and then turning things over to Paul.

You guys can feel free to post here - and in the Fellowship thread - as you please. We will need some new/old character interactions to create the Company.

Ayrn, obviously highlight the PC that you will be taking into our next chapter. The other three can go into the history and be available if you ever want to switch up your character.

Posterboy

:ooc: Is there anything at all remaining of the werewolf?

tomcat

:ooc: Tom will let us know in his post.