• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:04 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lair - round 7

Started by tomcat, Jan 12, 2018, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I rolled your :vv: roll, Tom, but with how important these are, I don't think it is me that should roll...

So I still need your roll for this turn.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Jan 14, 2018, 06:55 AM #16 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2018, 06:58 AM by Telcontar
Here was a foe that the ancient blade of the elf felt worthy of, the keen edge bit into the werewolf.  Morirúsë sang louder and louder, to inspire his friends, to combat the dakness, and to use every tool at his disposal against the darkness.

"The lamp friends! Tis like those of the Wood Elves, light the lamp!"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

:ooc:
Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Jan 14, 2018, 06:59 AM #18 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2018, 07:15 AM by tomcat
Surprised and encouraged by the renewed presence of Morirúsë, whom she thought moments before slain, Esgalwen swings Nimronyn with a vigor anew, slashing deeply into the werewolf's side.

The Dúnadan could sense the spirit within the risen Elf and knew that it was hope that would kindle the light of the broken Lamp of Amon Lanc. It was all they had to give.

Unfortunately, she watched as the wound on the large monster's body close of its own accord - darkness covering it - and her spirit slightly fell.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 14, 2018, 06:55 AM:ooc: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2 This dice roll has been tampered with!

:ooc: Damn! That is not close enough for me to award a point there.

Sorry, man. Gotta keep trying if the Elf really wants to do this for Middle-earth and its new inheritors.

tomcat

:ooc: Arbogast can still contribute a :vv: to the lamp for this round, if he wants.

Telcontar

:ooc: I'll try to add another for Arbogast.  :vv:
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: no, due to the sacrifice, I am going to wait for each person to roll their own.

Telcontar

:ooc: i was adding in lieu of as you indicated, not rolling for him.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 14, 2018, 11:51 AM:ooc: i was adding in lieu of as you indicated, not rolling for him.

:ooc: Oh - I see what you are saying.

Well, I am not going to count you one less hope for this round, as you can only sacrifice it once per round. And I want to know if Arbogast will also participate - if he does, then it will be on him to roll.

If he says no, then I will count this roll for you, Tom, but for round 8.  ;)  >:D

Telcontar

:ooc: ok sure. So what do you mean when you say in lieu of then?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

:ooc: I intended to keep Arbogast in Open stance - he's defending Grimbeorn largely by being a more tempting target.  Counting on my fingers, that means that I actually managed the hit without using a Hope point, so I'll go ahead and spend one on the lamp instead.  Post to follow. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Arbogast does not know what the ancient Elf means when he speaks of a lamp, but the words kindle within him a deep desire to once more see the light of the Lamp of Balthi shining over the Great Hall of Woodmen-Town, to be once more among his kin and to hear the laughter of his childhood friends.  He finds himself taking up Morirúsë's cry.  "Light the lamp!  Light the lamp!" 

:ooc: Rollin':

:00: 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Posterboy

:ooc: Just thought I'd point out that the first roll that Tom did was a 1d2, not 1d12... this may have contributed to the low score.

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 14, 2018, 06:55 AM:ooc: This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2 This dice roll has been tampered with!