• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:58 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Alone

Started by tomcat, May 27, 2017, 07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jul 12, 2017, 10:52 AM #15 Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 11:37 AM by tomcat
Esgalwen turned with a start when the voice come from the broken ruin beside which they took cover, and her hand went to the hilt of her sword. She looked at the figure that sat there, itself looking almost a part of the structure - or at least as if he belonged to it.

The Ranger realized he was an elf and sensed from him a strength hidden. She went to speak, but her tongue clucked in an odd way as it freed itself from the roof of her mouth. This in turn caused her face to flush and thus she stammered, "Is it always your way, sir, to ambush travelers - or to refer to them out of turn? For surely this is not a Dwarf, he is one of the small, river-folk of this vale."

Esgalwen eyed the dark shape and for a moment, the image of Orophin came to her, though the memory was brighter. "You know this, though, don't you? Thus you make fun of my companion in some haughty fashion. I ask... who are you, sir Elf, and why are you here?"

:ooc: I attached some potential images for Morirúsë.

And dude - could you have picked a harder name?!  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

" I was born under the star light and will go where I will, Arda was ours beffore we had to share it. More to your point I crossed over the mountains, and knew this place of old and thought to see what had become of it and to rest from my labours. The Dark Elves built, long ago, but no longer do they come here. I have also heard that a great foe has awoken east of the mountains once again so I have come to see for myself.

And I dont know what river folk you speak of, and he looks more akin to a dwarf than a man.

I am called Morirúsë, and what of you Second Comer and your river Folk Friend. What brings you here? The lore of elven magics or some etreasure from the dark days?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Jul 15, 2017, 09:20 AM #17 Last Edit: Jul 16, 2017, 08:52 AM by Telcontar
Morirúsë hopped off the wall he lounged upon and stood tall, a scabbard hung at his side, battered and old, but the hilt of the blade showed a pommel that could only belong to a great martial work of art.

"So river dweller, where are you going and what should I call you?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

"No, we do not seek treasures or other items of Elven-make. We are not thieves or grave robbers. I have learned that a man is being held captive within the tower and I believe it may be one of my company - one who ventured north with me from Gondor a few years past."

Udo stood in quiet wonder of the tall Elf, who seemed to have a inner light, but yet was darkened by his brooding presence. When Morirúsë addressed him, he jumped a bit and then stuttered, "I-I-I am Udo of Reedbank and I-I am at your service, sir."

Esgalwen looked down at her new friend, for she too was not aware of the Hobbit's home village. She then looked back up at Morirúsë, "So, if you are not here to thwart us, then be on your way, Sir Elf, for I do not wish to stir the tower before I have a chance to scout its bounds. If you have the heart to aid us, then what do you know of this place and its new master?"

Before he could reply, a raven fluttered to a landing near where the Elf sat. It had flown for most of the day with Radagast's message and the trio were surprised when it began to speak.

"Esgalwen of Ithilien - your aid is in need. The Beast of the Wood haunts the forest once more and threatens many from Wood-men Town to the Tarn! Radagast calls for you, as does your friends - Arbogast and Grimbeorn! Come at once to the realm of Rhosgobel where'st they await!"

With that the bird took flight again and was gone as quickly as it came, its service performed.

The Ranger stood there with a wondered look in her eye at the magic of a speaking bird, but then her heart was torn when her eyes returned to the broken, white tower. "If I leave now, he may not live, or be here upon my return. Can I condemn him to another year within the dungeons of this sorcerer?"

It was apparent the question was not addressed to anyone around her.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Jul 17, 2017, 03:47 AM #19 Last Edit: Jul 17, 2017, 08:03 AM by Telcontar
Morirúsë took a keener interest in the two when the raven mentioned the Beast of Mirkwood.

"This is a chance meeting, as they say, for I have come over the mountains at the rumor of this beast, but knew not where to look."

Morirúsë looked from the woman to the tower and then back to the two. "While it may trouble you, the only hope the two of you have on getting in there is through stealth, force of arms alone will not force its dungeon. What's more, your attempt at stealth has a low chance of success as the garrison has been riding about and seeking you. They know that someone is out there spying on the tower. A dark choice is before you, to have come so far and to turn aside now or to return to your friends. What will you do Second Born?  I have been moved to aid you, either in this task now or later, if you will take me to where I may find the trail of this beast the raven speaks of."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Tears welled in Esgalwen's eyes, for she knew that it was true. The tower was nigh unassailable. Her only hope had been to sneak into the small fortress and find her way to the prison cells.

She let out a soft sob and felt the small hand of Udo on her own. Esgalwen looked down at her new, small companion and she said, "I release you from your bond, Master Pebbletoes. Unfortunately, I cannot see you safely home - but I am sure that you are well-versed in moving without being seen. Go back to your river and your peaceful village. Do not involve yourself in these harrowing struggles of Men and Elves."

"But..." started the small fellow, "I wish to accompany you. I wish to see the great wood! I wish to see the Brown Wizard!"

A smile cracked across the woman's face and she wiped her cheek of tears, "I am afraid your wants are clouded because you do not know the truths. The forest is vast and dangerous. The Wizards, though wise, are a mystifying lot who seldom speak outside of riddles and are always needing something to be done."

At her statement on wizards, the Elf gave a small chuckle.

Esgalwen looked at Morirúsë and nodded, "I will accept your aid, Elf, though we have but only met." And then down to Udo, "Come with us if you will, Udo, but know that you will not be looked down upon should you wish to return to the river glades."

She then looked to the tower and spoke words that were meant for herself, "I do not know if you live. I do not know if it is truly you that is held captive within. I cannot risk lives and time on a hope...a wish." She muttered more to herself, but her face cleared and it was apparent she had made her decision.

"Come, we must make haste to Rhosgobel. If we do not stop, we will make it there with the morning light."

The trio moved stealthily away, leaving the broken, white Elven tower behind.

:ooc: More to come...TV with my wife