• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Where is the Company going?

Started by tomcat, May 27, 2017, 06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where is the Company going?

The Carrock for the winter.
2 (50%)
The Easterly Inn for the winter.
0 (0%)
Back to Rhosgobel and the Tarn.
0 (0%)
Breaking of the Fellowship [explain your character's intentions below]
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

tomcat

May 27, 2017, 06:27 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:31 AM by tomcat
:ooc: After reading through all of my narrative and out of character rambling in the previous thread, please make your vote and explain your characters actions below. Understand, you can change your vote if you want to make a consensus.

Again, if you are wanting to change your character - this is the time. You will be allowed to switch back to your original PC as you wish and the story allows. The PC's will be an active part of our campaign until they pass into the next realm.

Let me know! I am kind of excited to see what happens here.  ;D

New PC's will be given experience and advancement bumps, too, after their creation. This includes Udo, BristolMatt - i just haven't gotten there yet.

I love his picture, btw!!  :>
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

May 27, 2017, 06:35 AM #1 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:43 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Steve is almost a month gone - so, I am going to vote for Rorin.

It is his desire to return to Bofri and aid his fellow-dwarf in the reparations. He will tell Bandy that he will return to Rhosgobel and his forge, but it will be some time. He tells Bandy that if he returns to Rhosgobel, to run the business as he had and to even hire some smiths.

This is more for me as GM - not having another NPC to deal with, but gives Steve an opportunity to bring Rorin back into the game at need.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Grimbeorn's​ intention is return to his lands.  He will entreat upon the others to go with him, reminding them that they said they would.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BristolMatt

:ooc: Does that mean Grimbeorn is going to be retired for a bit? Just wanted to say there's some potential for good roleplay between Udo and the Beorning. Such big and brawny humans would be absolutely terrifying to the little folk! Udo would probably hide every time Grimbeorn loses his temper or roars in battle lust! 

Eclecticon

May 27, 2017, 06:37 PM #4 Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:29 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: I've voted for 'breaking' - not that the Fellowship of the Helm is so weak that time alone could break it up!  Arbogast certainly intends to visit the lands of the Beornings - especially as he has already undertaken to do so.  It's also the most likely place to find Esgalwen, assuming she hasn't already returned to the Forest... and to Mogdred.  He probably won't want to stay more than a week or so.  After that, his to do list is roughly as follows:

1. Visit Mountain Hall and return Wyrtácléofa to Theodwin (not that he's expecting it back, but it's important to share unneeded things with one's kin)
2. Return to Black Tarn Hall and check that his family is alright.  Live a non-murderhobo life for a while. 
3. See what use he can be in the reclamation of the Old Forest Road.  If nothing else, he can swing an axe pretty well.  He'll likely put a case to the rest of the Fellowship for their assistance. 

He doesn't really expect anyone else to accompany him after he leaves Beorn's House, but certainly wouldn't refuse company. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Grimbeorn isn't sure what he's going to do as there is the viglundings to deal with and at some point the death/disappearance of his father... Plus anything that Doug has up his sleeve.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

:ooc: It's a testament to my poor attention that I've only just grasped the purpose of this thread. 

So - during his frequent fire-staring sessions, Arbogast has been thinking deeply about his long-term priorities.  Firstly, the Blood Moon raiders need to be dealt with, one way or another.  Because fuck those guys.  After that, there are plenty of worrying things going on in the southern forest - the corruption of Duskwater is obviously weighing on his mind, but so far he has no idea what to do about it.  The state of Caewin and the Sunstead is a bit concerning - is the man mad, under the spell of the Shadow or just shaken after an ill-begotten plan went badly wrong?  Mogdred has been very quiet of late - he will either soon be an enemy or, perhaps, an ally (assuming that Esgalwen still has his ear).  News of both should be sought. 

In the longer run, he also wants to strengthen ties between the Woodmen and other nearby cultures, particularly the Beornings.  Having Beorn's designated heir as a close friend must help with that.  Surely.  Re-opening the Forest Road will also make communication between them and the folk east of the forest - the Dwarves, Bardings and Lake-Men - easier.  That will bring trade and (hopefully) military support if Caewin goes balls-out evil. 

Arbogast is, at heart, a Warden.  He wants to protect his family, his friends and kin, and the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth (in roughly that order).  Anything that makes it easier to do that, he will go for. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

If we are going to be doing a one or two year Fellowship break I am for narratively breaking the Fellowship and brining it back together.

I am going to give it some thought and see what Bandy is going to do, I feel like the little guy is pretty banged up and if his friends are off pulling in separate directions he is going to feel like baggage for one or the other.

Doug,
 I also may send something back to the Shire, but I don't think Bandy will be going back that way.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

:ooc: It doesn't exactly feel like my place to say it, but I can't see Bandy being very happy there.  Bilbo had his adventure, came home and was essentially done.  Bandy, though, has been immersed in Wilderland and its goings-on for six years now.  He may have changed too much - become too 'other' - to ever fit back in again.  I can see him settling in Bree, living among the Breeland Hobbits and being a cautionary tale for young 'uns back in the Shire, but not going home and staying. 

Like I said, though, he's not my character and you shouldn't take this as anything more than musing. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

The shire is not the place for him for certain. I also agree that he has become more Wilderland in his time here. He's hardly my character either, I think the little guy exisits somewhere, I'm just waiting to hear what he wants to do and have him make up his mind. The fact that no new character springs to mind to replace him probably means that he'll be around for another part to play.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Man, I have the opposite problem - I fill my head up with new characters unless I make an effort not to!  I know what you mean about him not feeling like your character, though.  Arbogast started out like a younger, more heroic, me, but over time he's diverged.  Now I don't really know where his narrative arc is going, but I'm enjoying the ride. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

I've got the same issue but a little different in that Grimbeorn is a named Tolkien character, even though  in the timeline only.  I want to the Professor justice while trying to keep the guy alive too.  He started off unsure of himself but has grown.  Though he's got new issues, he's still got growing to do and still needs to find that voice that will lead his people in the war to come.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

I'm planning on having Bandy stay in the vicinity of the Carrock. Start a tobbacco farm and take a break. If the timeline is going to jump two years that works for me. I think Bandy would answer the muster call again.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

May 31, 2017, 02:00 PM #13 Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:42 PM by tomcat
Just to reiterate, the two-year break will start with this next chapter. We will be running the Werewolf of Mirkwood chapter now.

After that the story will go through a two year narrative break and then pick back up with the characters.

So, if you guys are going to the Carrock then I will start you guys there.

BristolMatt, you will be starting elsewhere with Esgalwen, but I will be bringing the story-arcs together.

Eclecticon

Character sheet