• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

To the Millfort

Started by tomcat, Nov 15, 2016, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I don't know.

Are you guys going to attack? Grimbeorn said he'd like to introduce himself. Does that mean with his axe, or is he trying to talk to the thing?

I was waiting on some sort of clarity.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: i took that to mean with his axe, but I'll let him confirm that.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Unless calmer heads prevail, Grimbeorn will approach the creature.  Though our track record in this regard aren't on our side; we aren't a sneaky bunch really  ;D.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

The halfling bent his bow as the son of Beorn went forward. He was worried that he was so far forward, alone, but the Hobbit knew his best way to support him was with his bow. If the spider so much as twitched the Hobbit was determined to let fly his arrow.

:ooc: to combat! Or parley, but more likely WAR!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

"Those who wish to stand with me, come.  Those who wish to stand from afar with arrows, spread out."  With that, the man with a grudge the size of this great wood and an axe with which to chop it down, strode forth to confront the great spider.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

As the son of Beorn steps forth, Arbogast claps a hand on his shoulder.  As the much larger man turns to stare at him, his eyes full of grim determination to kill or to die, he speaks calmly.  "There are tales among the Woodmen of beasts such as these, ancient beyond the reckoning of Men.  In the tales, they are fell things indeed, but they prey upon orcs, and the foul things of the wood, as readily as anything else.  They also speak, though rarely with good intent." 

He scratches at his beard, pursuing a stubborn louse.  "I believe that, though creatures of darkness, the spiders are not yet servants of the Shadow.  Before blood need be shed, I say that you and I should try to negotiate." 

With that, he follows the Beorning out into the clearing. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Jeez, our decision-making process is unforgiving of my antipodean schedule!

Character sheet

Telcontar

The Hobbit looked at the two men and heeded the words of Grimbeorn.

Turning his head he looked at Rorin, "come Rorin, they may have need of us."

The Hobbit shouldered his bow and drew his small blade, "then sword work  it will be friends. I'll not stand back from this monster, better is my bow, but stouter still are hearts with companions that walk together. A sword day it shall be."

The Hobbit stepped forward to stand with Arbogast and Grimbeorn.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

"Courage, my friend.  It may not come to steel and sting.  Who knows?  Perhaps all it wishes is for the noise to stop so that it may sleep uninterrupted!" 

He looks to his left and right, drawing confidence from the presence of companions who have shed their blood beside him a dozen times, and who stand ready to do so again. 

"HO, SPIDER!"

Character sheet