• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 09:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Blood Moon Raiders - opening volleys

Started by tomcat, Oct 27, 2016, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disench4nted

:ooc:

Gotcha, didn't realize we were so far from the fight. Can advantage dice be used for a stealth roll? Or are they only for combat?

tomcat

:ooc: I will allow the advantage dice to be used for the Stealth roll - it is, in essence, a part of your battle strategy.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

Ok, then I'll attempt a stealth roll with Rorin, I have it as a favored skill and I have lots of advantage dice, so I should be able to make it stick. That frees up the other 2 free passes to be used for Grimbeorn and Arbogast potentially.

TN 16 Stealth
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

disench4nted

Add one advantage die

Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

disench4nted

Oct 31, 2016, 08:50 AM #19 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2016, 08:53 AM by disench4nted
And I'll burn a Hope which adds my Favored Wits (5) for a total of 17 on my stealth roll.

As the group was beginning to move into position, Rorin did not like the look of their formation and felt that his hammer would be wasted in hanging back. So he stowed his pack, grasped his hammer and began making his way slowly and deliberately towards the front lines.

tomcat

:ooc: Cool! I updated your sheet for the Hope  :csu:

Going to wait to hear from the rest before I move this on.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

OOC: I'll burn one so I can rain down fletched death on the sum no beothes.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Going to assume 'burn one' means a Hope point  :csu:

All right, with that done both Grimbeorn and Arbogast get a free pass to move into ambush position. The Raiders are taken by surprise and may not return opening volleys.

The Company along with Geirbald's men get 2 opening volley rounds. Please indicate who you are firing at:

Raider commander (man) TN 12 +5 Parry +3 Shield = TN 20
Raider archer x5 (man) TN 12 +3 Parry = TN 15
Raider warrior x3 (man) TN 12 +4 Parry = TN 16
Raider warrior x7 (orc) TN 12 +4 Parry +2 Shield = TN 18

I am rolling for Woodmen archers now.

tomcat

Following their plan of attack, the Company - including Geirbald and his folk - split up into two groups. They descended the hill and moved in two directions - one to circle around to the west side of the Raiders camp, while the other moved to a position just east of it within bow range. From the west, the attackers would race into melee, and arrows would be rained down from the east.

Only Bandy stood with the Woodmen archers - his companions moved with Geirbald and a few of his folk that had both axe and shield. The time was allotted to allow for the skirmishers to cover the distance and then arrow was put to flight.

There are ten (10) Woodmen with Geirbald - I am going to say 5 are archers. They are going to concentrate fire on the Raiders archers (1 for 1), so to limit their ability to return fire.
TN 12 bow 3d
:00: archer 1 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 3, 5, total 12

:00: archer 1 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 6, 5, total 16

:00: archer 2 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 5, total 15

:00: archer 2 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 3, total 13

:00: archer 3 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 4, total 9

:00: archer 3 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 2, total 7

:00: archer 4 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 5, 1, total 8

:00: archer 4 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 5, total 10

:00: archer 5 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 5, 4, total 13

:00: archer 5 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 1, 6, total 9

:dmg: 5    edge: 10   injury: 14[/color]

tomcat

:ooc: Geirbald's men - Opening Volley
Archer 1 (attack 1) Success 5 END loss, piercing blow TN 14
Archer 1 (attack 2) Great Success 8 END loss

Archer 2 (attack 1) Great Success 8 END loss
Archer 2 (attack 2) Great Success 8 END loss

Even though she is on the opposite side of the field, Esgalwen will draw her bow for Opening Volleys and attack twice against an warrior (man)
TN 16 great bow 2d
:00: volley 1 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2

:00: volley 2 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

:dmg: 7   edge: 10   injury: 16

Archer makes Protection test
TN 14 armour 2d
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9

Telcontar

Bandy wasn't as tall as all of the other Woodmen, so he had to move forward of the line to get a better sight on the raiders. He scanned the raiders looking for the one who looked like the leader. He thought that taking out the chief would cause the others to loose heart in the fight ahead. He drew an arrow, placed it, and let fly. Then before the first was long in flight he sent forward another.

Volley 1: Nothing Fancy just going for the hit.
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
or
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10

Rolled 4d6 : 4, 4, 2, 5, total 15

Volley 2
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7
or
Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

Rolled 4d6 : 5, 1, 2, 5, total 13
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: She whiffs one completely and does 7 END with the second, plus a protection test

TN 16 armour 3d+1
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 3d6+1 : 6, 1, 5 + 1, total 13

tomcat

:ooc: Bandy has two successful attacks, one piercing against the chieftain.

attack 1 - 7 END piercing
attack 2 - 7 END loss

Chieftain Protection test
TN 14 armour 3d+4
:00: 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6+4 : 4, 4, 2 + 4, total 14