• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 01:50 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The King under the Hill...

Started by tomcat, Aug 09, 2016, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 15, 2016, 08:52 AM #15 Last Edit: Aug 15, 2016, 09:11 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Going to assume Arbogast will use a Hope to avoid being placed in a deep sleep - tell me if otherwise.  :csu:

Esgalwen scored a :g: and thus inspires her friends to be strong - Bandy and Grimbeorn are both awarded 2 Success dice each to use against Corruption or Fear. They can extend these dice to other players, through inspiration of their own.

Arbogast shook his head and it was as if the cobwebs were brushed from his mind. The spell was broken and the weariness left his arms and legs. He straightened back up and stared the wight in the eyes, challenging it as he did. The undead king tossed the helmet to the other wights even as they drew Ceawin away, and then it stood to block any actions the Fire-watcher might make.

The sound of his companions racing through the burrows could be heard, but Arbogast stood alone at the moment. The shadow's hand that had once grabbed the helm, now held a notched and broken blade.

:ooc: What do you want to do, Paul? Arbogast can back out of the chamber if he wants or we can go into combat rounds - and will commence going through all the combat steps. The remaining three companions will not enter the fray until the beginning of combat round 3.

Arbogast holds the initiative. There will be no opening volleys, but you may roll for combat advantages.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I have been overcome by events it seems! I'll wait for Paul to respond and then weigh in.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Tom, post what you had in mind. I have no problem retro'ing a post. You can also work it in from where your PC left off to the now and describe what took place at your position.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Bandy heard the feet of the men as though pounded by the entryway and then the hasty words of Idunn as she went after the fleeing men. he looked again at the still form on the floor. He felt the urge to stab the prone figure, he wasnt sure why, but the sudden urge to stick his blade in the desicated corpse came to the forefront of his thought.

Then he heard the words of Egalwen and they broke the train of thought in his mind.

"Yes, Ceawin has the helm and Abrogast is with him."

The Hobbit was small but spry, "Grimbeorn! grab the sword, such items are filled with power in the tales of men."

Quickly the Hobbit shealthed his sword, and trusting to the natural defense of fire ran from the room with torch and oil lamp.

His bare feet padded down the hall, his stature giving him the ability to run. A torch before him and the oil lamp like a flaming sling stone cupped in his hand.

"Arnu! Arnu!" cried the Hobbit as he ran. 

:ooc: Doug, can Bandy shorten the time it will take to get there by using his smal trait? This will allow him to avoid the roots and he has no need for caution because somone has already passed that way.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Aug 15, 2016, 11:34 AM #19 Last Edit: Aug 15, 2016, 01:52 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: I'm more than happy to spend Hope on that!

EDIT: :csu:
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn was able to give no more than a nod of acknowledgement to Idunn before she departed and he put the item around his neck.  Other than the large ornate sword, the Beorning was unimpressed with his surroundings and any of the other items he found strewn about.  With no better idea than that given, Grimbeorn grabbed the sword and followed his diminutive friend for it appeared as though the rest were in peril.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Aug 15, 2016, 03:45 PM #21 Last Edit: Aug 15, 2016, 05:04 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Cool, Paul - but I re-edited your PC sheet, because I forgot to notate it with the icon earlier. I had reduced Hope when I posted my question. So, Arbogast still has 10 Hope points.

Tom, yes - I am fine with Bandy getting there sooner than the other party. He may act in Round 2.

Telcontar

:ooc:  (>d smack that lich up, smack that lich up! Rally round the Woodman with a hand full of fire!
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Thus was the die for the future of the Sunstead cast in the ancient barrows.

The blood rushing in the Fire-watcher's veins is as the summer wind blowing through the Western Eaves - clearing away the fug and miasma, and leaving in their place a new clarity.  Enough of fear.  Enough of fell magics.  Enough of reticence - holding back out of concern for the pride of other men.  The time has come to stand forth, and to raise arms for the best things he knows - for life, for joy, for kinship, love and victory! 

:ooc: Sorry - I didn't have a good idea of what was going on.  This is what I get for trying to read posts while making school lunches for the kids. 

Now that I know what's what, there's no holding back.  Arbogast is going into Forward stance and attempting to axe-fuck this thing back to the netherworld. 

Battle:
:00: 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 3, 1, total 5

Axe:
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 4d6 : 4, 3, 1, 6, total 14

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: And I'll forgo the bonus damage from my great (presumably) success to rip that sword from its cold, dead hands (see p 118). 

Character sheet