• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 11:58 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Troll hole

Started by tomcat, Feb 09, 2016, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Feb 15, 2016, 08:06 AM #15 Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 04:34 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Actually, Awe or Battle are the skills necessary to intimidate - like it is shown in the Forward Stance for combat. So, we can call Rorin's test roll for Battle instead, as he has the same number of skill points in that skill.

Still, due to the fact that trolls have Hatred towards Dwarves and you said you killed his buddies, I bumped the test situation Target Number to Daunting.

Arbogast, even with the rain, unless you wanna spend a Hope point, you do not conceal yourself.

"DWARVES!" boomed the voice within the cave. "Gladly will I come and split the skulls of a group of dwarves...especially those that have harmed me friends!"

Rorin heard the clatter of items, a scraping sound as if something large was being pulled along the ground, and then the heavy thud of feet. Rain pattered down on his helmet, tinkling as it did, when the light from the entrance of the cave was suddenly blotted out and a large form filled the hole.

"I'll have ye know that it will be a pleasure to munch the bones of Bin and Dim's killers!"

A roar filled the night air as the troll charged at the lone Dwarf. Rorin prepared for the charge.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

:ooc:

Ah, ok. Does that mean that Rorin is currently in a forward stance? If possible I'd like to be in the defensive stance when this guy charges me.

tomcat

:ooc: No...I just mention the Forward stance rules because that is where it talks about the skills necessary to intimidate. Also, I updated my post above as to the results of your roll.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

Yeah, I figured his hatred of dwarves would overrule just about anything I said. Bring it on  ;) 

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Feb 15, 2016, 05:17 AM:ooc: maybe we should have tied a string to him, dwarves are like salmon eggs to trout.
:ooc: True.  Sorry to put you in an unenviable position, disench4nted - just trying to keep the story rocking along.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

disench4nted

No! I like it! I think it's a good plan lol, definitely something Rorin would like.